The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nullifiers the death of WF

(PSN)big_eviljak

9 hours ago, (PS4)big_eviljak said:

What if i prefer to play with Drakgoon, telos akbolto, fragor prime, and saryn? Theres no adapting. Nullys destroy any possibility of adapting to a mission. They tell u how u have to play...tell u what weapons to bring...make u change  ur playstyle. An NPC changes the way i want to play...one unit does this. 

Saryns "1"...cant penetrate a nully bubble

Saryns "2"..... useless when the field is blanketed with nullifiers

Saryns "3".... useless

Saryns "4"....not effective against nullifiers, and only effective if i can use my "1".

Drakgoon... Nope

Telos akbolto... Nope

Non glaive melee.... Nope

This was a funny one.

Idk why powers 1-4 are listed, since powers are not supposed help you kill Nullifiers anyway.

Glaives are no longer anti-Nullifier cheese since you can't use them blow up enemies inside the bubble from the outside any more.  A slide attack with Fragor Prime will one-shot the Nullifier and kill or maim most of his buddies.  A slam attack will also knock them all down and give you time to end the Nullifier as well.  

Telos Akbolto will have a fire rate of 10 with just Lethal Torrent on, so that's an ample anti-Nullifier measure right there. Even the Drakgoon can be spammed uncharged to take down the bubbles decently quickly, with a default fire rate of 3/second.  Uncharged Drakgoon shots may be even be a boon against Nullifiers when a fire rate mod is installed; the spread can deplete multiple bubbles from separate Nullifiers at once.  I'm actually gonna try that with the Kela augment later tonight.  

Edited by RealPandemonium

2 hours ago, RealPandemonium said:

This was a funny one.

Idk why powers 1-4 are listed, since powers are not supposed help you kill Nullifiers anyway.

Glaives are no longer anti-Nullifier cheese since you can't use them blow up enemies inside the bubble from the outside any more.  A slide attack with Fragor Prime will one-shot the Nullifier and kill or maim most of his buddies.  A slam attack will also knock them all down and give you time to end the Nullifier as well.  

Telos Akbolto will have a fire rate of 10 with just Lethal Torrent on, so that's an ample anti-Nullifier measure right there. Even the Drakgoon can be spammed uncharged to take down the bubbles decently quickly, with a default fire rate of 3/second.  Uncharged Drakgoon shots may be even be a boon against Nullifiers when a fire rate mod is installed; the spread can deplete multiple bubbles from separate Nullifiers at once.  I'm actually gonna try that with the Kela augment later tonight.  

Exactly, powers are "null" and void. Theres no strategy to taking down nullifiers. No fun in it...just point and shoot, and only if u have a high fire rate weapon. Otherwise u run into the bubble and hope u kill it, before all the beefed up baddies in and around it...kill you.

8 minutes ago, (PS4)big_eviljak said:

Exactly, powers are "null" and void. Theres no strategy to taking down nullifiers. No fun in it...just point and shoot, and only if u have a high fire rate weapon. Otherwise u run into the bubble and hope u kill it, before all the beefed up baddies in and around it...kill you.

gj reading my post btw

19 hours ago, Destrab said:

The way to stop cheese frames is to fix them so that they're fun but not cheesy, and make gameplay varied enough so that cheesing is less necessary. Nullies are a reasonable idea that went way too far.

The way to make people happy is to create different difficulty levels so you can go play your game the way you want. HeII, you could make it so only the frames and weapons you approve of are allowed. I love people who want to dictate to everyone else how to play their own game instead of just playing with people who think like them. I play with friends or solo 90% of the time. I'm not ever going to tell everyone who doesn't agree with me that how they play is wrong. 

17 hours ago, RealPandemonium said:

Glaives are no longer anti-Nullifier cheese

Oh, glaives were considered "cheese" too? No wonder this word has no meaning anymore.

15 hours ago, (PS4)big_eviljak said:

Not everyone understands this though. But we got a medicine for this called Naramon's Shadow Step and Quanta Vandal. It might not taste very well, but it helps. You could say, a band-aid for a band-aid.

15 hours ago, (PS4)big_eviljak said:

Yeah, no fun at all.  Nullifiers really reduce the fun.

With nullifiers

"just point and shoot,"

"u run into the bubble and hope u kill it"

Without nullifiers

"just point and shoot,"

"u run into the bubble and hope u kill it"

You can use an ability

Yeah, nullifiers really steal all of the fun out of the game by reducing how you kill enemies by a third.

3 hours ago, IceColdHawk said:

Oh, glaives were considered "cheese" too? No wonder this word has no meaning anymore.

Something that bypasses a mechanic due to a bug is not cheese?  Glaives going through Nullifier bubbles was an oversight; it's clear that DE did not intend for anything to ignore the shield outright.  It's just that they had the typical DE timing and accompanying PR disaster when they actually did fix it.  

13 hours ago, RealPandemonium said:

Something that bypasses a mechanic due to a bug is not cheese?

It's called being effective. Looking at this statement, going in and killing him with regular melee would also be "cheese". And this "bug" existed for years and everyone was aware of it. They just nerfed it because they didn't want to give us multiple choices to kill nullies. It wasn't a fix.

Edited by IceColdHawk

I have 2 major complaints against Nullifiers.

1. The buff they received that cancels out Frost's Bubbles, Mag's Magnetize, etc.

I hadn't played much of the "new" Void since the update hit consoles but this past weekend, I wanted to see just how well I could do in the highest Survival (I think it's Mot). This after, FINALLY, getting around to giving Mag a fresh lease on life since her rework. Dear Lord, Baby Jeebus and all things Holy....never again. Here I am, spamming Magnetize to "glue" mobs together and behind the bubble, a Nullifier. "Kill Joy", "Buzz Kill", "Debbie Downer" do not even begin to describe what my little heart was going through.

2. They keep your Loadouts strict.

I've gone back to my days of appreciating bows. Again, this past weekend, I went back to the Paris Prime, Daiku and the Dread. The Dread, with it's INCREDIBLE innate punchthrough.....useless, until it's 4th or 5th shot before it can target the actual Nullifier. If I remember correctly, 4-5 shots from the Dread, properly modded of course, is enough to take down a level 130 Bombard. Welp, I guess I'll just keep Void and Fissure run loadouts with Quanta's, Hikou's, etc.

*sigh*

.....I'll just stick to doing Infested and Grineer missions. :/

59 minutes ago, IceColdHawk said:

It's called being effective. Looking at this statement, going in and killing him with regular melee would also be "cheese". And this "bug" existed for years and everyone was aware of it. They just nerfed it because they didn't want to give us multiple choices to kill nullies. It wasn't a fix.

Miasma was broken for literal years, but it was still a bug.  Explosion auto-headshot was also around for years.  

If you like this game, you pretty much have to accept that the line between bugs and features is blurry and that DE's real intent may be far removed from the reality of the current build.  

Nullifiers are here to stay and they were not buffed, but fixed by the recent update.  DE just takes forever to do things, is all.  

8 hours ago, RealPandemonium said:

Miasma was broken for literal years, but it was still a bug.  Explosion auto-headshot was also around for years.  

If you like this game, you pretty much have to accept that the line between bugs and features is blurry and that DE's real intent may be far removed from the reality of the current build.  

Nullifiers are here to stay and they were not buffed, but fixed by the recent update.  DE just takes forever to do things, is all.  

Their not fixed...fixed is balance. A fully modded dread can kill a lvl 130 bombard but cant penetrate a lvl 3 nully bubble.....thats not a fix.