Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Potato Famine

NotaWarbrosAlt

Oh ya, a terrible record. Like how they said they'd change defense rewards and totally never did it. Or when people said the hek was OP/UP, definitely never delivered. They're like a narcoleptic pizza man or something else that never does what you want it to on time.

E3 took a lot of time. Since then we've heard about some major changes they want to implement. No one wants changes to be implemented without DE testing them. So if you want a good solution instead of a rough patch job then we have to wait. Rushing leads to things like the slide/rhino/shotgun nerfs.

Ease off the koolaid. They changed the defense rewards because we called DESteve on them, then called him on lying to us when he tried to say they were one way when the code he posted showed they were another. The HEK was overnerfed and rebalanced multiple times, that's definitely not a "delivered!", that's a trickle of effort from people jerk-reacting one way and then the other.

That's great that making a video for E3 took a lot of time from developing the game people are expected to pay for, really it is. They've been "talking" about a lot of things for a long time, and consistently the things that get implemented AREN'T tested. Recently, see: clantech weapons.

The blueprints are still dropping.  I got one without realizing it, and I haven't even been playing 2 weeks.  That recent enough proof they at least in some form still exist as a drop?

Whoa now, we can't count the ones DE puts up. Those aren't free potatoes.

The blueprints are still dropping.  I got one without realizing it, and I haven't even been playing 2 weeks.  That recent enough proof they at least in some form still exist as a drop?

Reactor and catalyst blueprints are not drops. They can only be obtained from daily login rewards and alert missions. Edited by Apsalus

Whoa now, we can't count the ones DE puts up. Those aren't free potatoes.

Please take a moment to breathe deeply and re-read the topic. We are discussing potato alerts per missions with ? rewards from the alert RNG table; events that are manually forced do not fall under that grouping, now do they?

Gosh you probably feel silly now.

Edited by NotaWarbrosAlt

The only reason this hasn't been addressed is because actually helps DE make money, at least in the short term anyway. I can't see this trend lasting another month without some major backlash unless DE decides to do a double potato livestream every 1-2 weeks.

Please take a moment to breathe deeply and re-read the topic. We are discussing potato alerts per missions with ? rewards from the alert RNG table; events that are manually forced do not fall under that grouping, now do they?

Gosh you probably feel silly now.

I think that he was being facetious.

Never mind. I misinterpreted him.

Edited by Apsalus

Consider this. Potatoes are probably still on the RNG table. But with a low as hell chance. With added crap to the table and the seemingly high Artifact alert % you have your reason why there hasn't been any. They already stated in the last livestream  that they plan to add a system where-in when something pops in an alert it gets it's chance to appear again lowered while other alert "items" get there chances raised. Or something along these lines, I can't recall it to a T.

Also, if you decide to run some numbers with estimated %s from the past several weeks/months of pop-ups you could probably find a decent showing of the percents to an interestingly accurate degree. Keeping in mind you'd have to remove the livestream potatoes if you wanted this number to be more accurate. I have a feeling if you did run the numbers you'd find out a very very very slim chance of potatoes popping up. We really need to just sit back and wait for Update Cirno.

All in all I do hope we see more of them (who doesn't want to see more of them?), but I'll be patient.

you really need to stop using italics. it does nothing but make it harder to read. its not unique, cute, cool or what have you. all it does is make me not want to read everything you post

The only reason this hasn't been addressed is because actually helps DE make money, at least in the short term anyway. I can't see this trend lasting another month without some major backlash unless DE decides to do a double potato livestream every 1-2 weeks.

Pretty sure the backlash is well under way.

I would also argue that the point of this thread is that the failure to address the issue will cost DE money.  Rebecca's https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/66006-on-the-matter-of-potatoes-and-alerts-and-discounts/page-3#entry695469'>response only furthers malcontent as they continue to tell us "no srsly guise, rng potato alerts for really".

Also +100 to OP for creating an alt account to discuss the issue, I like your style. :)

Pretty sure the backlash is well under way.

I would also argue that the point of this thread is that the failure to address the issue will cost DE money.  Rebecca's response only furthers malcontent as they continue to tell us "no srsly guise, rng potato alerts for really".

Also +100 to OP for creating an alt account to discuss the issue, I like your style. :)

Kinda have to, they make a habit of muting/locking/banning accounts that talk about things they don't like.

The backlash is indeed under way for anyone who isn't a DElusional shill. It doesn't take 4 weeks to change the numbers in a table.

you really need to stop using italics. it does nothing but make it harder to read. its not unique, cute, cool or what have you. all it does is make me not want to read everything you post

FINALLY, someone said it!

To be honest, it was hard reading on his posts.