Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can Someone Explain This To Me?...(Trojan or False Positive)

aSpaceStranger

Question

Ok everyone, first things first. Yes, this is my 2nd post because to be honest I don't have the time for forums (not a fan), and something called: "real life" happens. So now that we got that out the way, has anyone seen this happen before?....

(See Image for AV screenshot)

Could it be a false positive?.. seems so, but first a little background:  I have been unable to keep a connection with a host lately, I don't get hard disconnects, but I lose the host every time now (Network not responding), So I started my quest for the know culprits such as Nic card, Ports, Firewall, DMZ, Cables, ISP and everything was working perfect and in order. The only option left was Faulty modem, but then I check by playing other games that I have not been playing for long time and I got the same connection problem, so I knew it must be related to malware or worst, but was not expecting a Trojan at all...lol

jt1nd4.png

Could it just be a false positive?... How do I know for sure?... and WTF right!?...

Direct Link to Image: http://i63.tinypic.com/jt1nd4.png

Edited by The_Real_Johnny_Wadd
Direct Link To Image Added

14 answers to this question

I do believe that is a false positive. Since you play Warframe over Steam, I expect Steam to check all their games with antivirus before they upload them to their servers. They would never force you to download trojans through their platform.

Even a quick google search for the file name brings up nothing really major.

Edited by Proxykon

Ohhh then you never been in region at night if you find my passive aggressive odd. Is there for a reason. Expecting the worst <-- get it?... (assuming the most toxic from region are also here in large quantities), the community is very Immature which is expected by the age demo and that's not an insult btw that's a fact and that's why my comment is passive aggressive, I've been in the game long enough to know. We clear on that?...

The thing is that my connection is behaving like it's infected. Of course I am not saying that Waframe is the problem since I haven't fired up the game since it deleted that DLL from Warframe tools.

Everything before the trojan alert, was pointing towards a faulty modem, which I am going to test in the few days when my ISP bring me a new one (don't ask me, that's how it works here), I will boot up the game and post back later. Thanks for the reply.

Edited by The_Real_Johnny_Wadd

2 minutes ago, Ins. said:

I'd tell you exactly what the problem is and how to fix it ... but you have too few forum posts.

Like This Guy kappa 

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

Don't take it seriously 

Edited by Zdeadfallout
typo :P

11 minutes ago, The_Real_Johnny_Wadd said:

Ohhh then you never been in region at night if you fins my passive aggressive odd. Is there for a reason. Expecting the worst <-- get it?...

Anyways, the thing is that, my connection it is behaving like it's infected. Of course I am not saying that is the problem since I haven't fired up the game since it deleted that DLL from the tools. 

Could it be related to Tennogen tools?.... that would explain why.

Everything before the trojan alert was pointing towards faulty modem, which I am going to test in the few days when my ISP bring me a new one (don't ask me, that's how it works here), I will boot up the game and post back later.

It likely is a false alert but it's best to shut down and do a start-up scan or do one from safe mode with minimal load, doing a malware scan as well in the same fashion helps too because many hide in active directories and won't be picked up while still effecting you.

But if nothing else shows up it likely was your router/modem.

Edited by SilvaDreams

Thanks, but you name it, and I probably already tried it.. been at this problem since a year ago. but never had it this bad before, it lagg sure, it did show network not responding a few times in the day, and it was normal for me during a period of one year. But now it drops me from host everytime.

2 minutes ago, The_Real_Johnny_Wadd said:

Thanks, but you name it, and I probably already tried it.. been at this problem since a year ago. but never had it this bad before, it lagg sure, it did show network not responding a few times in the day, and it was normal for me during a period of one year. But now it drops me from host everytime.

Sounds like a modem or router issue if you've tried other stuff, have you checked for bios and firmware updates for all your hardware?

Could just need a hardboot too (Aka unplugging them for about a minute). Or worse.... A port is failing on the router/modem/your pc

Well if you got a Trojan, my suggestion would be try to use IOBit Malware Fighter. I killed a lot of Trojan viruses with this prog. Just don't forget to set it's scanning to High Priority in it's options. Don't worry this program DOES NOT confict with any Anti Virus. You can also delete this after you got rid of the viruses.

Spoiler

971CC-7A3A2-F4D46-3F9A1

46 minutes ago, The_Real_Johnny_Wadd said:

Could it be a false positive?.. seems so, but first a little background:  I have been unable to keep a connection with a host lately, I don't get hard disconnects, but I lose the host every time now (Network not responding), So I started my quest for the know culprits such as Nic card, Ports, Firewall, DMZ, Cables, ISP and everything was working perfect and in order. The only option left was Faulty modem, but then I check by playing other games that I have not been playing for long time and I got the same connection problem, so I knew it must be related to malware or worst, but was not expecting a Trojan at all...lol

What AV software do you use? The .dll in question has been in my AV's database for over a month now. I'm assuming, whatever AV software you use, does not have a comprehensive database of it userbases files, and as such, is highly suspicions of 'unknown' .dll files.

As for your network issues. It could just be the router/modem.

Similarly, it could just be a misconfigured modem/router. My current modem requires that i bend over backwards a little bit to set it up correctly. It requires a specific set-up for Warframe - A result of switching hosts on Warframes ports.

Ah, I had this problem back a while ago too, here's a detailed tutorial how to fix it

-link deleted-

"It is one life whether we spend it laughing or weeping." "Take the time to laugh--it is the music of the soul." - Albert Einstein, 1945 BC

"Take it or blaze it, but never leave it" - Me

Edited by Sovyul

Thanks guys.. was not expecting so much support, on the contrary.. it seems forums are more "mature".. I am an old guy what can I say. 

Well good news for me boys. It went away after it deleted that dll from the tools, but to make sure there wasn't any damage, I went and did a windows 10 core files restore. But I did test the connection issues before that and it was working fine again. So I don't know what to think of it.

My AV:

Panda Full Security

(I did run all the major AV online scans to stomp out left overs; Kaspersk, Eset/Nod32, AVG, Malwarebytes, Fsecure, IO) but Panda was the one that found it and delete it.

Firewall:

Zonealarm

Ports are open: 4950/4955/4990/4995 (I know I only need one set, but I switch, to test sometimes)

Settings on both Firewall and AV have Warframe white listed in every feature excluding problems with both. I do go an extra mile and do test with both off, just to rule out software conflicts.

Router works for everything else just fine. I did and run a few other P2P games and Insurgency and the connection issues were there also, so for sure it was an infection. I thought it was only on Warframe because a month back I did play other games a lot, and the problem was only on Warframe. But I haven't played those games in a month, sorry, a miscalculation on my part.

Still weird though.. .I have my security settings pretty high.. to the point of having to lower them in order to play.

Thanks Tenno for the support. 

I'll update in a week to make sure everything runs smooth.