Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Returning player needing help

Ferriis

Question

Hey guys,i played warframe a lot a year ago,but stopped playing because of uni and stuff.

Anyway,i started playing warframe again because all my friends are still playing.

Could someone help me,and tell me which are the best warframe and weapons at the moment?

I mostly play ember prime,since he's always been my favourite warframe,but i dont know if he's good atm,so any help provided would be appreciated

Edited by Ferriis

14 answers to this question

I can't speak for Ember Prime since I'm not really a fan of her abilities, but I'd say she is supposed to do a pretty neat job. If you want to see immortality (almost) incarnate, look up to Inaros.

As for weapons:

-In terms of primaries look at the Tigris family if you like shotguns. I'd say Soma and his prime for autorifles and... Well I must admit I'm not that good with other weapon types so...

-For secondaries I'd say it is a matter of taste, but Let prime and Gammacor synoid are probably pretty high tier in those.

-For melee... Purely dependent of what you like. Personally I love Glaives and heavy weapon types.

Right now any frame can be a viable option with different weapon and mod combos, and a good mix of ranked mods to choose from.

So the question relies on preferred play style, and access to ranked up mods to supercharge your Warframe and Weapons.

Are you interested in close range fighting, fighting from a distance, do you want to nuke entire rooms, take out enemies one by one in quick succession? Or instead be a tank and take whatever the enemy can dish out?

Do you prefer to rely on crowd control? Do you want that CC from abilities or from weapons? Are you interested in taking advantage of Crits or Status effects from weapons? Do you want to sustain momentum in melee for DPS or to deal big chunks of damage?

Is there a particular faction you prefer battling? Does your Mastery Rank and/or Clan affiliation allow you access to Syndicate and/or Clan weapons? Do you want to unlock access, if you need to, to get such gear yourself or acquiring items in Trade?

So, if you prefer to Nuke and CC, Ember is still a top choice on both, where you have plenty of flexibility on weapons.

Also, nuke style weapons include the Simulors, Ignis, Staticor, Sonicor, Tonkor, Syndicate procs to name a select few of the safer options. But you could consider other AoE options too.

10 minutes ago, (PS4)DesecratedFlame said:

Best Frame: Nova in General, Loki for Stealth, and Frost for Defense

Best Main: Soma Prime for best all around. There are others that excel in certain situations

Best Secondary: Atomos, period

Best Melee: Galatine Prime for traditional melee, Redeemer since it is a freaking shotgun in your melee slot.

Very biased answers. There's weapons that out shine those mentioned above if used correctly and in individual situations. 

Main: Soma is best crit build, but Tigris is the best status build.

Secondary: Atomos good against infested and maybe (with the right mods) Grineer, Synoid Gammacor best against Corpus, and Sonicor best crowd control.

Melee: There's too many on top to choose from, but War is the current favorite choice of many Teno. 

9 minutes ago, (PS4)Regiampiero said:

Very biased answers. There's weapons that out shine those mentioned above if used correctly and in individual situations. 

Main: Soma is best crit build, but Tigris is the best status build.

Secondary: Atomos good against infested and maybe (with the right mods) Grineer, Synoid Gammacor best against Corpus, and Sonicor best crowd control.

Melee: There's too many on top to choose from, but War is the current favorite choice of many Teno. 

Nope. Like I said. Soma is the best in general, but I acknowledged that others stand out in certain situations. The dread in spy missions, for example.

Atomos is the best secondary, period. The only time it starts to fall off is in very long endless missions, but there is zero reason to do those any more.  

War is BTFO by the Galatine Prime. Just check the feedback forums. People are already begging for the War to be buffed or the GP to be nerfed.

Short answer is that nothing is going to be the best if you're first starting out. Everything is mod dependent and at the very fastest you're looking at three months or so to get enough mods of strength and variety. My suggestion is to try out everything you can get your hands on.

I good place to start though is to grind out a Lex Prime, and Burston Prime. They have low MR requirements and are very decent weapons.

8 minutes ago, (PS4)DesecratedFlame said:

Nope. Like I said. Soma is the best in general, but I acknowledged that others stand out in certain situations. The dread in spy missions, for example.

Atomos is the best secondary, period. The only time it starts to fall off is in very long endless missions, but there is zero reason to do those any more.  

War is BTFO by the Galatine Prime. Just check the feedback forums. People are already begging for the War to be buffed or the GP to be nerfed.

Soma is only the best because people still think crit is king (which in many aspect its true), but only because dual status mods are a pain to get if you missed the events. A 100% status Tigris with punch through and slash damage will annihilate level 100 anything in one shot to the head, plus proc radiation which will make the enemy do most of the work for you. 

I like the Atomos, but using it against corpus doesn't make sense to me given I have to plug-in two extra mods. Plus Sonicor seems to be the most favorite based on a latest poll. 

Didn't know about Galantine being OP, I'll have to check that out. 

27 minutes ago, (PS4)Regiampiero said:

Soma is only the best because people still think crit is king (which in many aspect its true), but only because dual status mods are a pain to get if you missed the events. A 100% status Tigris with punch through and slash damage will annihilate level 100 anything in one shot to the head, plus proc radiation which will make the enemy do most of the work for you. 

I like the Atomos, but using it against corpus doesn't make sense to me given I have to plug-in two extra mods. Plus Sonicor seems to be the most favorite based on a latest poll. 

Didn't know about Galantine being OP, I'll have to check that out. 

Like I said, Soma is the best all around (i.e. if you want to equip one weapon and have it function well in any situation, then it is the one to go for. )

The Atomos annihilates everything. I have mine set up with blast + status, waste a slot for ammo mutation, and still wreck everything.

1 minute ago, (PS4)DesecratedFlame said:

Like I said, Soma is the best all around (i.e. if you want to equip one weapon and have it function well in any situation, then it is the one to go for. )

The Atomos annihilates everything. I have mine set up with blast + status, waste a slot for ammo mutation, and still wreck everything.

Yes the Atomos is good for blast (with innate heat), but not so much for magnetic which is crucial against corpus imo. Plus Synoid Gammacore can easily get blast, and has innate magnetic and a syndicate proc. What makes the Atomos good in opinion is that it has a single (and versatile) elemental damage in heat, but that's also its downfall against shields. If you could proc blast 100% of the times than I would agree with it being effective against corpus, but since its not the case I disagree with it being a general supreme weapon like the soma. I guess we'll just agree to disagree on the secondary weapon of choice, but at least if we ever play together I know we can definitely tear everything apart. 

1 hour ago, (PS4)Regiampiero said:

Yes the Atomos is good for blast (with innate heat), but not so much for magnetic which is crucial against corpus imo. Plus Synoid Gammacore can easily get blast, and has innate magnetic and a syndicate proc. What makes the Atomos good in opinion is that it has a single (and versatile) elemental damage in heat, but that's also its downfall against shields. If you could proc blast 100% of the times than I would agree with it being effective against corpus, but since its not the case I disagree with it being a general supreme weapon like the soma. I guess we'll just agree to disagree on the secondary weapon of choice, but at least if we ever play together I know we can definitely tear everything apart. 

The main benefit of the Atomos is that you shoot one enemy, and it links to everything else.