Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Builds without Primed or Event Mods

Kiyomaru-EN-

Question

Basically what the tile says. I know that Warframe Builder is a thing, but since not everyone posts their builds on there, and I don't have the time to go through every build only to see that it is either out of date, or chockfull of mods that I can only get through a high amount of plat - Yes I am looking at you Argon Scope and all kinds of Primed Mods! - I was wondering if anyone has some interesting Builds for the following weapons and Frames, and Forma is not issue.

Weapons:

Spoiler

Note: While I prefer Builds without Event Mods I do have Bloodrush, Bodycount and Weeping Wounds.

Primaries:

• Dex Sybaris
  • Dread
  • Ignis
  • Phage
  • Soma Prime
  • Tonkor
  • Vectis Prime

Secondaries:

• Hikou Prime
  • Kulstar
  • Lex Prime
  • Sonicor
  • Twin Grakatas

Melee:

• Karyst
  • Redeemer
  • Sarpa
  • War
  • Broken War
  • Ack&Brunt

Warframes:

Spoiler
  • Ash Prime (Balanced, maybe Offensive+Utility)
  • Equinox ( Mend&Maim, Pacify&Provoke, either Balanced or Day-Form oriented)
  • Excalibur (Balanced or EB focused)
  • Frost (Snow Globe and Avalanche)
  • Inaros
  • Ivara (Primarily Stealth and Steal)
  • Loki Prime (Long Durability, good range)
  • Mesa(Balanced)
  • Mirage (Hall of Mirrors, or a good Prism build)
  • Trinity Prime (A Build other than just pure EV, maybe some balance between powerstrength and Defense?)
  • Valkyr (Long Hysteria without crippling other abilities too much)

I don't expect Builds for all Warframes and Weapons mentioned, of course, so just pick one you truly can recommend. Also I am looking for interesting Weapons to build next, any ideas?

3 answers to this question

You don't really need to fret about this. There's a regular mod for everything, even though they are sometimes weaker, you don't HAVE to have all the mods recommended to make things work.

99% of the times you can substitute the event/Primed mod with the regular ones.

The easiest is the Primed mods. Just add regular ones.

Elemental Dmg + Status -> just add regular elemental damage mods.

And if something like Argon Scope comes in, you can replace that with regular Crit mods.

Also, if you've been playing for long enough (not that long, though), you can start experimenting with your own ideas. If you just copy-paste builds from warframe-builder, you'll never learn how to do it yourself. And who knows, you might come up with a much more powerful and/or fun build merely by throwing S#&$ at the wall and see if it sticks.

Most builds using Primed Continuity do actually require it because rank 9 Primed Continuity fully compensates for the reduced duration from Fleeting Expertise. You'll have to be willing to give up another mod to add Constitution or some power range to add Narrow Minded instead.

Primed Flow, on the other hand, can almost always be replaced with regular Flow.

With weapons, you can always replace a Primed mod with its normal version with the only exception of the Primed Bane mods.

Primed Bane mods, Argon Scope, and Bladed Rounds are typically replaced with another elemental mod. If you look at builds from before Argon Scope and Bladed Rounds existed, you'll see that Argon Scope and Bladed Rounds simply replaced an elemental mod most of the time.

32 minutes ago, at35z said:

And if something like Argon Scope comes in, you can replace that with regular Crit mods.

No, you don't do that because mods like Critical Delay and Hammer Shot are not worth the slot. An elemental mod is typically better.

I agree with at35z, don't bother event or primed mods. They are boost over other mods but by no means required. Depending on what content you are struggling with you may want to read Damage 2.0 page on wiki. This page will tell you how damage is calculated and how to mod weapons better against specific enemies. Check the enemies that trouble you the most and mod your weapon for that element. Also try to enhance weapon strength.

For example Dread and Tonkor have very high crit chance so crit chance and crit damage mods should be there.

Ignis on the other hand has high status chance and no physical damage, so element+status mods are good idea along with rifle ammo mutation.

Hopefully you get the idea. Try to find a weapon that is fun to use for you and exeriment with it to get the most out of it.