Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Kubrow or kavat?

CelticMoss

Question

14 answers to this question

Get a Kavat.  In particular, Smeetas.  They're able to...

Give more Affinity and Resources

Give you a hit of invuln and 150 overshields

Give Rare Resources

RED CRITS FIR EVERYTHING

And make Powers, Channeling included, free to use.

It's ciunter, the Adarza, can give a lot of crits for the entire team, though, so it depends.  Feeling lucky, punk?

Kubrows pretty much get rekt by Kavats no contest. 

Kavats have many exclusive mods, most notably Swipe and Sharpened claws which allow for AoE attacking and completely stripping off enemy armor.

Species specific abilities are way better as well.

Adarza's get an additive crit chance buff

Smeeta has a chance for many different types of buffs ranging from guaranteed red crits, free abilities, instant reload, double pickups and exp.

The way I see it, Kubrows honestly have no advantages over a kavat, they are simply outclassed in terms of usefulness 

The real question is: Adarza or Smeeta?

Edited by Dragazer

15 minutes ago, Dragazer said:

Kavats have many exclusive mods, most notably Swipe and Sharpened claws which allow for AoE attacking and completely stripping off enemy armor.

Smeeta has a chance for many different types of buffs ranging from guaranteed red crits, free abilities, instant reload, double pickups and exp.

The way I see it, Kubrows honestly have no advantages over a kavat, they are simply outclassed in terms of usefulness 

Not even a chesa with a inaros?

3 minutes ago, Sintag said:

Note to self: Mod more.

Note to you: Do you like loot and more critical hits?  Because if so, Kavats.  If you want more niche roles or more specialized things, roll eith Chesa, and remember, it cannot literslly disarm Infested.

It only happens with inaros that it would go that high.

Edited by SarahApple

4 hours ago, Dragazer said:

I would bring a Sunika over Smeeta/Adarza in a capture mission and Huras for stealth runs.

Others are just meh.

11 minutes ago, secret9005 said:

Huras for stealth runs.

Says the Tenno with a Loki profile icon.

Since egging and de-egging companions take time (30 minutes), my answer would be Kavats. Sharpened Claws is just far too powerful, especially during encounters with boss-mobs, Sentients or Shadow Stalker. Sense Danger gives you fantastic visibility of nearby enemies. Charm and Cat's Eye allows them to provide meaningful DPS via their respective Critical Chance buff.

1 hour ago, Ojimaru said:

LOKI MASTER RACE. Besides if one does not have Ivara/Loki/Ash, Huras is the next best thing.

1 hour ago, Ojimaru said:

Since egging and de-egging companions take time (30 minutes), my answer would be Kavats. Sharpened Claws is just far too powerful, especially during encounters with boss-mobs, Sentients or Shadow Stalker. Sense Danger gives you fantastic visibility of nearby enemies. Charm and Cat's Eye allows them to provide meaningful DPS via their respective Critical Chance buff.

Also Stasis recovery can be rushed for 10,000 :credits: (if you have the upgrade segment). But yes Kavats have a less specific role compared to Kubrows. I'd take Kavats for any mission and Kubrows ONLY for specific ones.