Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So....That Warframe Anime Show

Zdeadfallout

On 9/9/2016 at 3:14 AM, (PS4)watt4hem said:

Here's your anime

Not enough jump cuts, too many long shots, and the ending should have a group freeze frame, or at least a shot of Excalibur or some more iconic frame.  Vauban Prime is way too obscure.

On the topic of word definitions Anime is the Japanese word for animation.  It specifically refers to Japanese animation the same way fiesta doesn't refer to some random American Christmas party.

Edited by Shoelip

On 10/09/2016 at 7:03 AM, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

I think this might be correlating to the rise of Japanese culture in western society these days. 10 years ago, getting caught watching any anime other than Pokémon was a life sentence to the "nerd club", but nowadays a lot of people have started to embrace various anime series; SAO, bleach, Attack on Titan, and of course Dragonball Z. it's a lot more saturated now than it used to be. whether this is good or bad is subjective, but 10 years ago, I don't think the term "Weeaboo" even existed...

as afar as Warframe as an animated series goes, it will likely be "marmite-esque"; either loved or hated, with no room in-between. I can see it as being a series with cringey voice acting and poorly developed characters, but I still hope that maybe it will be a decent watch.

"Weeaboo" is indeed a fairly recent term. And it's so widely overused now that it has lost its meaning. It goes from a slang for people obsessing over everything Japanese to just a bloke glancing at animus for a few minutes.

Man all these chinese cartoon talk reminds me of this reddit thread. It's strangely appropiate.

On 09.09.2016 at 3:21 PM, Madway7 said:

Because anime is more commonly known as a style of animation mainly produced in Japan rather than something only belonging to the Japanese.

At least that's my take based on the definition.

Anime is commonly known as Japanese animation. Produced in Japan. And it is