Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Baro K tier unfair

(XBOX)Paladin Kenobi

Question

13 answers to this question

I'd take a primed bane mod over a slash mod on any rifle weapon. people should understand that these slash mods have limited usability, unless you're using a slash bow or shotgun, even a dual stat element mod is more power that a slash mod 

and if you want it to sell it for plat, they'll be here on xbox in a month or so, so it's pointless to buy them 

18 minutes ago, Cash4Cookies said:

thats not true. slash may only get a dmg bonus vs infested, but slash proccs are nonetheless very good against all factions

To continue on this notion, you can strip armor with CPs (which is mandatory for endgame) and health have a faster scaling than shields anyway.

The only downside is that the mods are limited to few weapons which have >70% dmg in slash to be effective.

2 minutes ago, mikami666134 said:

To continue on this notion, you can strip armor with CPs (which is mandatory for endgame) and health have a faster scaling than shields anyway.

The only downside is that the mods are limited to few weapons which have >70% dmg in slash to be effective.

Not 100% true. If you are looking for an actual straight damage increase over a 90% elemental the weapon needs a base of 75% to break even. However if you are looking to force the IPS distribution to heavily favor slash on a status heavy weapon? You'll come out far ahead on slash procs and damage in the long run. Braton Prime is an example of where this comes in handy. Heck the same trick can even be employed upon the Burston Prime as well to bring its IPS slash from 40% to 60%, throw in the fact that physical damage is weighted three times heavier than elemental for proc rate...

In short, blindly using the 120% IPS mods for pure damage certainly doesn't work, but there are plenty of ways to get value out of them.

3 minutes ago, CRCGamer said:

Not 100% true. If you are looking for an actual straight damage increase over a 90% elemental the weapon needs a base of 75% to break even. However if you are looking to force the IPS distribution to heavily favor slash on a status heavy weapon? You'll come out far ahead on slash procs and damage in the long run. Braton Prime is an example of where this comes in handy. Heck the same trick can even be employed upon the Burston Prime as well to bring its IPS slash from 40% to 60%, throw in the fact that physical damage is weighted three times heavier than elemental for proc rate...

In short, blindly using the 120% IPS mods for pure damage certainly doesn't work, but there are plenty of ways to get value out of them.

Completely agree with you, thanks for adding the details to my statement.

I haven't tried the part with burston prime, is it really worth it?

21 minutes ago, mikami666134 said:

Completely agree with you, thanks for adding the details to my statement.

I haven't tried the part with burston prime, is it really worth it?

I prefer using the Braton P because I toss on a Shred along with the Fanged Fusillade and can hose down entire crowds. However the Burston P can also use the 120% slash mod to have a very brutal single-target status build with the heaviest weight being behind slash procs. Serration + Split Chamber + Gilded Truth + Fanged Fusillade, then add three dual stats and a 90% elemental for your choice of elements. Comes out to a 90%+ chance of a status proc per burst fire with a roughly 40-45% chance of the proc being the slash proc. So if you are running Viral + Heat as your elementals in a 4 CP party? That and slash procs will burn down heavier units very fast while the syndicate procs damage the room and keep topping your health off.