Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Soma Prime Build

(PSN)BattleHawkz71

Question

Hey lads and lasses, I'm currently using soma prime, in my view the funnest weapon in the game to use, however I'd like to see what the community thinks of my mod load out and if there are any suggestions you might have.

im currently running a 3 forma'd soma prime with:

Hammer shot (maxed)

argon scope (maxed)

serration (maxed)

heavy caliber (rank 7)

critical delay (maxed)

point strike (maxed)

I was toying with the idea of removing AS and putting bladed rounds in....what do you all think? 

7 answers to this question

uh, do you have any Elementals? there's only 6 Mods listed so if the other two are Elementals then that's fine.

Split-Chamber is a must. replace either Critical Delay or Hammer Shot with it.

replace either of which is left of Hammer Shot or Critical Delay or Heavy Caliber with another Elemental. you don't "have to" do this but it would be a direct upgrade for Damage in 99.100% of situations, so.

replace the last remaining of those three with Vital Sense.

the Slot Argon Scope is in, do whatever fits your situation. whether that be Shred/Metal Auger, Argon Scope, Bladed Rounds, another Elemental or what have you.
for lower end Levels of Enemies where your Bullet Hose can Kill Enemies within a reasonable (like <10) number of shots, Bladed Rounds is better. but if you can't Kill Enemies in a reasonable time frame anymore, it becomes not useful and Argon Scope is then better since it doesn't rely on Kills.

11 minutes ago, (PS4)BattleHawkz71 said:

Hey lads and lasses, I'm currently using soma prime, in my view the funnest weapon in the game to use, however I'd like to see what the community thinks of my mod load out and if there are any suggestions you might have.

im currently running a 3 forma'd soma prime with:

Hammer shot (maxed)

argon scope (maxed)

serration (maxed)

heavy caliber (rank 7)

critical delay (maxed)

point strike (maxed)

I was toying with the idea of removing AS and putting bladed rounds in....what do you all think? 

Remove hammershot instead. AS is okay. It's more of playstyle. If you aim heads then sure.

But when I spray and pray I don't aim heads.

You're also better off with bladed rounds than critical delay. Critical delay can be great if you think you are wasting shots by firing too much into dead bodies, but then I'd still prefer punch through than delay.

Edited by ScorpioneITA

Here's my build 
*Serration
*Heavy Caliber
*Split Chamber
*Vital Sense
*Point Strike
*Hammer Shot
*Stormbringer
*Infected Clip

Everything is maxed and i needed 4 forma, you can even change hammer shot for Bladed Rounds for more damage or argon scope, aiming it's not my style you know xD

Casual Build

Serration, Heavy Calibre, Split Chamber, Vital Sense, Point Strike, Malignant Force, Rime Rounds, Rifle Ammo Mutation.

Use for anything that isn't a sortie - and will have plenty of ammo for long survival / defence runs.

Starts to struggle from about Sortie 2 unless using buff / debuff abilities like molecular prime.

Use assassination build for bosses.

Assassination Build

Serration, Heavy Calibre, Split Chamber, Vital Sense, Point Strike, Malignant Force, High Voltage, Rime Rounds.

Used to run the 90% mods previously.  Personal preference fairly recently to use the dual stats.

Although the extra dmg from the 90% elemental mods is nice; found it easier to tackle higher level enemies with status effects from the dual stat mods.

Soma spits enough bullets to proc status effects with the dual stat mods.

More personal preference...

Hammer Shot - generally found the extra cold dmg from rime rounds and increased status did more than hammer shot.

Argon Scope / Bladed rounds - trigger abilities mean I'm basically running a 7 mod slot weapon until trigger condition is met.  Especially for bladed rounds, when the extra crit damage is really useful, (against tough opponents) it's increasingly harder to trigger the condition.  As for Argon Scope - I don't like to always aim - Soma is accurate enought to shoot from hip even with heavy calibre.

I would recommend 6 Forma total 5 V slot and 1 -- slot. This will allow you to swap elementals and the one extra slot you'll have to whatever suits your needs.

I have some of my builds here, They're generally optimal in DPS and kill rate. There are some preference mods that usually depend on the level range you're fighting. For instance Shred is good for enemies under lvl 50 as head-shots are not as critical to your DPS and will improve your kill rate. Heavy Cal Vs Argon Scope depends on your play style as well. I prefer to handle Soma in a run n' gun fashion and prefer not to Zoom outside long range shots.

The general order in terms of flat DPS for the one open slot is Primed Bane > Bladed > Argon Scope > Shred.  Do not use any of these if you're against high level armored enemies. I give an example below in Soma lvl 50+ Grineer.

Soma Void CPx4:

OE06lnF.jpg

Zoom Required for full damage.

Soma lvl 50+ Grineer:

ZSIJB5g.jpg

No Zoom Required. This has the best kill time on high level armored enemies. Tested on lvl 140 Alloy and Ferrite.

Soma Corpus:

h8DvYLF.jpg

No Zoom Required. Pure Toxic has the best kill time on majority of Corpus units for crit based weapons, esp the Dangerous ones like Techs. Run CP to deal with high level Bursa.

Soma CPx4 Grineer:

V07fjrb.jpg

No Zoom Required. Use unarmored Grineer faction.

Soma Infested:

x3aaZGk.jpg

No Zoom Required.