The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Wouldn't It Be Fun If We Could Have Shields

belthagor

I heard you liked shields so we gave you a shield to go with your shield so you can shield while you're shielded.

alternatively if there were a "capture the flag" game mode, we could have a fast moving player with no weapon and 2 sheilds, 1 for side, 1 for front, and you could move them to where you want to block =)

+1, I'd love to be able to use a shield.

However, the way I'd like to see it is something like this

The time specific link doesn't seem to work with embedding, so here it is:

Starts out as a small, inconspicuous piece of metal on your forearm, then when you activate it, it becomes the actual shield.

Looks very cool. I've always preferred the look of a small buckler to a giant shield.

I was kind of hoping for a shield based Warframe because this wasn't a weapon yet lol

also for the guy above me, I feel like it would be cooler if it started as a big bulky shield on your arm and then when equipped it becomes a small inconspicuous piece of metal on your forearm

Edited by MyNameIsDraven

I'd like to have a shield combined with some secondary too. Or it being your secondary. You could pop it up and speed through with volt avoiding some damage and knocking down stuff. 
How ever it doesn't feel that ninja-ish :/

A hand held "physical" energyshield. Wouldn't have to take that much space?

But it seems it will make the warframe heavier, I mean how'd you wall run with shield?

Maybe it unfolds from the arm. No reason the shield itself can't be some sort of attachment to the arm. A gauntlet that expands into a shield accompanied by a Shortsword or some other weapon.

I'd like to have a shield combined with some secondary too. Or it being your secondary. You could pop it up and speed through with volt avoiding some damage and knocking down stuff. 

well not really, since you could activate it, you know how a light saber or an energy sword works right?

it could be like, heavy metal shields are good against bullets

energy shields good against energy, and a shield somewhere in between

im off to bed, nite

Do rocket launchers feel ninja to you?

I like the idea of shield attachment on a forearm maybe similar to how the glaive is stored?  that when activated could be deployed on your warframe for shielding or bashing, such as a fast deployment animation like in the Lost in Space movie where the armored helmet was deployed.

Great Idea.

Could be a item to be used on all frames or a replacement power for one of rhino's powers if they want to make tanking a specialized deal in game.

I think it should provide huge defense if it is an item and take up a primary slot.  That is the downside, no main rifle weapon.  You can use pistol and melee.

Shield can have it's own mods too like...

shield bash - hold block plus melee strike to sheild bash

aoe bash

dmg mods from rifles can work to make the bash do other type of damage

throw shield - doing this requires running over it to pick it up - huge damage (think urakai from lord of the rings)

plant shield - huge defense increase, can't move.  Good against ranged weapons, hallways and bosses

surfer sheild - sprint ability mod - hold block and press shift to slide forward on sheild doing minor damage but staggering enemies in a line

home run - extra damage on Charged shield attack. like grineer shield dudes

Edited by Nickeltoe