Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Are you getting bored with Warframe?

Easier2Hax

I have seen some posts and some of our main youtube guys going on about how bored they have gotten of warframe since we have gotten no real content since the second dream. I am only MR 13 but man i have gotten bored of just upgrading mods and getting more gear just to hit it to 30 then shelve it (unless it's something really good like the Galatine prime).

I went over Warframe again to look for things that i and other players may have missed. I mad a video of some of the things you can do in warframe that you MAY have missed that can give you some enjoyable play time. Granted if you have done all of this then i am sorry i could not find something new for you. Nothing ground breaking guys. Oh and i know i did not mention the raids.

Hopefully someone kills some time with these suggestions until the War within drops. All the best to you

EDIT: This is not a thread to bash DE about lack of content in any form. I am trying to aid players who are bored with some things to do in game. Some people may have missed a few things... emphasis on MAY. Thought i would clear that up before things spiral out of control.

Edited by Easier2Hax
Misconception

I got bored with it in february and haven't played since then... only jumped in for the corpus bust alert. (I'll be honest- It kinda made me want to play again.... But now my laptop can't handle it anymore T_T... it feels like the requirements for running WF smoothly are getting higher and higher).

And imo It doesn't matter what youtubers say.... all those pseudo celebs doing their thing. Their opinions are as good as mine or yours. I can understand that these youtube people are leaving now- as you said- there's hardly anything to be done- but how does it help DE? not at all I'd say. They made that guys their "Partner " (dunno what that was supposed to be to begin with.... probably them trying to include the community some more) and now they are leaving? How does this help?

Got into the game 6 months ago, declared boredom yesterday at MR20. (When you live rural and are an online-only student, you tend to have a lot of free time :P )
I think it's had a good run, considering I've played nearly every day, but I've managed to burn through all the content.
The only real things that bring me online now are the daily missions and raids - other than that, it's either AFKing around, or trying to scrabble the last bits I need to finish off another weapon.
I guess all there is to do end-game is really just run Void Fissures, and stand around in a relay hoping for someone to help.

That's not to say I'll leave anytime soon, I just really think DE needs to improve end-game options.

Edited by TheCaramelSquid

4 minutes ago, WEREsandrock said:

"Partner "  -snip-  and now they are leaving? How does this help?

a "partner" is someone you do something together with
both parts of this are supposed to help each other and work together
the youtubers and streamers are helping DE to stay in touch with the community
but DE isn't giving them anything to do so obviously they are bored and burned out

Yes actually. Been playing the game since early this yea. By now I'm becoming burned out. It feels like there isn't much to do in the game aside from grinding for junk.

Want Blind rage or Rage mod? Run an OD mission having dragon key on you. What's that? What do you mean you didn't get the mod? Well cheer up sunny, I'm sure you'll get it in your next 17 OD runs.

Want Ivara? Run spy missions for a low chance a part of hers will drop. We have wings on stand by in case you rip out all your hair after running the highest leveled spy mission 20 times only to come out with her BP instead of her helmet BP again for the third time. 

Want plat? Go farm for Prime junk and sell it off. No guarantee someone will buy it your junk thought. 

Want to forma your warframe? Level it up to rank 30 then forma it. Oh by the way. Once you do toss forma on your warframe, it goes back to being unranked so you'll have to do more grinding to rank up your warframe again, Hermit The frog: YAAAAAAAAAAY.

The level in grind for this game is boring. I'm feeling the burn out from this game hard man. 

2 minutes ago, Weidro said:

the youtubers and streamers are helping DE to stay in touch with the community
but DE isn't giving them anything to do so obviously they are bored and burned out

I can't seem to write a reply without sounding salty. So... I just don't.

Just..... a youtube celeb's opinion isn't worth more than ours. And I am scared that a lot of people won't see that. 

Played since founders was started, still playing as much as I always have. If i start to get bored I just take a break and move on. Too many people play games till they fully burn out on them then move on, complaining that the game didn't support them long enough. Its kinda all on them if they play the game so exclusively.

1 minute ago, AurumandArgentum said:

If anything this is what burned me out, seeing all these "Is warframe dead" "are you burning out?" those really dont help the problem and if anything seeing them all makes me disheartened.

Never bothers me, since it has no impact on me if some people leave or not. Normally I ignore these types of forum posts, but late night and long work hours sometimes gets me in em.

Edited by NeithanDiniem

The point of this thread is to not bash on DE with how boring everything is. I am simply giving some suggestions to people as to what they can do if they are feeling bored. I think you guys are seeing this the wrong way. I am trying to aid our players not complain. 

2 minutes ago, Easier2Hax said:

The point of this thread is to not bash on DE with how boring everything is. I am simply giving some suggestions to people as to what they can do if they are feeling bored. I think you guys are seeing this the wrong way. I am trying to aid our players not complain. 

We aren't bashing DE, we are bashing the thread, the title is misleading, I would probably change that too suggestions if you are getting bored with Warframe or something, gives the wrong idea.

8 hours ago, AurumandArgentum said:

We aren't bashing DE, we are bashing the thread, the title is misleading, I would probably change that too suggestions if you are getting bored with Warframe or something, gives the wrong idea.

Takes half a minute to read the relevant context to know it is not. So why comment it is when you have read the post? Kinda makes no sense

1 minute ago, Easier2Hax said:

Takes half a minute to read the relevant context to know it is not. So why comment it is when you have read the post? Kinda makes no sense

You basically just described what the entire internet does, reads the title, doesnt read the text and just goes and talks about the title like its the whole article.

Bored out of my mind tbh. I complete the daily list of things I'm interested in doing in an hour or less and afk waiting for trade offers most days. Today I'm building copies of a couple frames to try different builds on, because I'm tired of Ash'ing through my endo grind and want something a little different. Copies of a couple frames, to min/max one 2-3 minute mission. That bored. lol

I can honestly say I don't care at all for titania ,at this point I got like 40 or so frames and I don't care about leveling another mastery fodder frame much Less another mastery fodder weapon .

Far as the war within all I know it wont be enough ,just for the wait alone you could give free kittens and pony's and it still wouldn't enough to justify the wait .

Heck all I care about is what is that infested crap that is growing in my ship,but apparently that's going to be addressed who knows when.

Far as umbra don't care about that at all either

1 minute ago, WEREsandrock said:

Maybe they should make a "I am tired of Warframe" -Megathread.

They should then they can figure out why the game is sucking so much lately ,as opposed to generally making making it worse.

58 minutes ago, WEREsandrock said:

I got bored with it in february and haven't played since then... only jumped in for the corpus bust alert. (I'll be honest- It kinda made me want to play again.... But now my laptop can't handle it anymore T_T... it feels like the requirements for running WF smoothly are getting higher and higher).

And imo It doesn't matter what youtubers say.... all those pseudo celebs doing their thing. Their opinions are as good as mine or yours. I can understand that these youtube people are leaving now- as you said- there's hardly anything to be done- but how does it help DE? not at all I'd say. They made that guys their "Partner " (dunno what that was supposed to be to begin with.... probably them trying to include the community some more) and now they are leaving? How does this help?

If you got board in feb, why are you still trawling the forums? If it was me i'd give it up.

I get board of WF all the time. Its no big issue. Most games get 8-16 hours of playtime then they're done. With warframe ive got about 700 hours. Every so often i take breaks though. I stop playing for a while, and come back in when theres a big update.

Just now, chaotea said:

If you got board in feb, why are you still trawling the forums? If it was me i'd give it up.

Good question:

I do it because Warframe is still my favourite thing. I just love the game. And getting bored of it won't change the fact for me that it's a great game. People get bored of things. It happens. Then there's a difference between accepting the boredom as a natural thing to occur, and not understanding it, freaking out and making threads about burnout or boredom , expecting some kind of cure provided by fellow forum visitors.

And as I said.- I probably WOULD play again if my laptop could take it.. But it is oooold and I just can't expect it to run warframe anymore. It's not just the CPU heat, it's the immense loading times.... something that wasn't a problem in 2013.

Sooner or later you get bored of every game you play.

Between two mayor updates, I take a break of playing WF for a while (I'm MR 21, and have more than 1700 hours in the game), and do other stuff instead, I love this game and I don't want to burn out by forcing to play with it. Rather I take short brakes. No one is forcing anyone to play WF, I don't know why people act like it.

As for the famous youtubers... I don't really see why their gaming problems should affect my fun time. Mogamu quit WF... OK... he had his reasons, which I understand and respect, but other than that, I don't really care.
About the "not enough content since the second dream". Well... surprisingly me and my clan didn't had this problem. I love WF because I think it's a game where you can do all kinds of nonsensical stuff (like the assimilate nyx "race"). Instead running always with your favorite loadout, try new ones, there's tons of warframes and weapons in this game. I used to run every mission with my Loki Prime+Tonkor+Vaykor Marelok combo, and guess what? It started to get boring. Nowadays for missions I bring random loadouts, forcing myself to use all kinds of different weapons and frames and it's really fun. I have found new warframe+weapon combinations that works well and it's fun to play with.
You can have fun if you want to or just grind like a maniac and get bored soon.
And complaining about the grind... like it's something new. Or the stuff Baro brings. It may be junk for someone, whose been playing since forever and has everything, but there's always people who doesn't have any of his stuff. I was really happy with the prisma dual cleavers, because last time I couldn't buy it (I was on  holiday and I couldn't log in).
I'm fed up with people who comes to the forum and *@##$ about how bored they are and demand changes, while threatening DE that they'll quit the game if they don't do something about it. Do it! Just quit. No one cares. Probably, DE won't cry themselves to sleep, just because some stubborn spoiled brat ragequitted.

Kinda burnt out slowly getting back at it, I literally only log in to play fashion frame which is a shame cause I love warframe and supported it for a year and a half, besides the second dream update, the other updates warframe included feel boring, there's no point in getting all the weapons other than MR points and the missions are incredibly easy now, and with the new void system they removed endless missions which were the only thing that gave me an andrenaline rush. Hopefully the war within gets me back at it as I miss playing warframe and having any sort of goal.