Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Melee weapons Questions, Thoughts (syndicate and Cronus)

64m3r

Question

Firstly, why are the syndicate melees so underpowered. Weren't syn weapons supposed to be an upgrade?

Secondly, Cronus... It's the last melee im missing in my codex. It's the first melee i got 2 or 3 years ago but i sold it at lvl 20. Will there be ANY way to get it back? I've tried farming Vor for over 40 hours and 0 drops. So is there a way to get it or should i just spend the Plat ( i really don't want to spend plat on MR fodder just to erase my mistake).

6 answers to this question

2 minutes ago, 64m3r said:

Firstly, why are the syndicate melees so underpowered. Weren't syn weapons supposed to be an upgrade?

Post feedback here for those.

3 minutes ago, 64m3r said:

Secondly, Cronus.

I cannot say for certain but I got this when I fought Vor as a Sortie target.  So, barring any other avenues, waiting for Vor to show up as a target in Sorties may be a good solution.

But they are upgrades though, in general, just not a full blown Gammacor to Synoid Gammacor, or Simulor to Synoid Simulor upgrade.

They are better than their original versions, but not good enough to shake up the meta. Except for Heliocor, but that's just because crit in melee is just way too strong

Apparently Cronus only drops if you have a certain conclave rating on your setup. I think below 400.

Edited by AlphaSierraMike

4 minutes ago, AlphaSierraMike said:

Except for Heliocor, but that's just because crit in melee is just way too strong

You can STILL build the synoid heliocor for crit and get the status chance and the channelling damage and the increased attack speed to booth so i'd say that it's still an upgrade even then.

3 minutes ago, bl4ckhunter said:

You can STILL build the synoid heliocor for crit and get the status chance and the channelling damage and the increased attack speed to booth so i'd say that it's still an upgrade even then.

The drop in crit chance is pretty hard to compete when Heliocor is guaranteeing red crits with Blood Rush at 2.5x with +crit chance mod before Synoid Heliocor can even guarantee normal crit at 3.5x, and that's pretty impractical considering how many hits it takes to get up to 3.5x, most of the time you'll be hovering at 2.5x and 3.0x unless it's infested survival.

The fact that the normal Heliocor can red crit so easily makes the buff in channel damage and the status chance increase for the Synoid kinda irrelevant, and it has a lower base damage as well, let's not forget that. I guess that's DE's way of encouraging people to use the Synoid's second function with channeling, make it pretty much mandatory.

Also it doesn't account for how fast Berserker can spool up, Heliocor can pretty much get the full Berserker within the first few hits, because it still crits regularly without Blood Rush, while Synoid would need a lot more hits on average to reach full Berserker, further compounding on the damage difference when the Heliocor can deal an excessive amount of damage even quicker. The faster attack speed then is pretty much just there to offset how slow it is to set off Berserker.

Not that the Heliocor is better than Synoid Heliocor, it's just Blood Rush being broken as hell.

On 17.9.2016 at 4:54 AM, AlphaSierraMike said:

But they are upgrades though, in general, just not a full blown Gammacor to Synoid Gammacor, or Simulor to Synoid Simulor upgrade.

They are better than their original versions, but not good enough to shake up the meta. Except for Heliocor, but that's just because crit in melee is just way too strong

Apparently Cronus only drops if you have a certain conclave rating on your setup. I think below 400.

On 17.9.2016 at 4:54 AM, Xekrin said:

I cannot say for certain but I got this when I fought Vor as a Sortie target.  So, barring any other avenues, waiting for Vor to show up as a target in Sorties may be a good solution.

i asked Zendesk support about Cronus.

They kicked me out faster than that time i wrote "sieg Heil" in region. Apparently support doesn't even like the mention of Cronus.

All they said was "Cronus was made unfarmable since update 8 to stop credit farming at early stages. Each run on Tolstoj reduces the drop chance. Have fun playing Warframe"

So not only did they ignore all my questions and suggestions, they also closed the ticket with that.

They hate the name Cronus more than Dumbledore hates the name Voldemort.

Edited by 64m3r
forgot quote