The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please, do edit the Vaykor Sydon passive ability.

IceCreamFloat

(Originally Posted On Steam Forums)

First off, I really, really wanna say;

DE, if you see this, please use this idea or edit the passive in some way

Problem(s)

Very, very short blind radius
Short blind duration
Too high requirement to charge up

Solutions(s)

Lower charge up from x15 to x10 or x7
Increase range and duration of blind

Because blocking with a melee does not negate all incoming damage, and generally if you're trying to blind a enemy it's to run away, the high charge up requirement is rather pointless and defeats the purpose of the blind. To put it simply: You'll be dead before you can release the blind in most cases where you actually need it. Oh, and if you're planning to use the blind to do finishers, that's also pointless as you'll only have time to perform a finisher on 1 enemy. 

I personally feel the passive itself is flawed, being the if you release your block for even a second you lose all your charge, but goes back to how it could be fixed with lowering the requirement from x15 blocks to something like x7 or x10.

Personally, I could live with it if you just decreased the blocks requirement, because then it'd be more easily spammable and make up for the short duration and range of the blind. If you'd like to go the other route and increase range/duration, that works too.

Just please edit the passive a bit.

Additional Suggestion by Archwraith on Steam:

"My suggestion would be that the charge got kept after the block is released, and unleashed during charge attack. Not when the block is released."

Oh yeah, and I apologize for a number of things:

The copy and paste from the Steam Forums having the Steam background

Being a pleb on the forums for some reason, I have 930 hours logged in Warframe and am MR15.....don't know why the forums isn't displaying that..... *hits with stick*

Le Magical Edits:
 Well it's showing my in-game profile pic now after I relogged......but it's not showing my MR rank >:I

Edited by IceCreamFloat

1 hour ago, IceCreamFloat said:

(Originally Posted On Steam Forums)

Because blocking with a melee does not negate all incoming damage, and generally if you're trying to blind a enemy it's to run away, the high charge up requirement is rather pointless and defeats the purpose of the blind. To put it simply: You'll be dead before you can release the blind in most cases where you actually need it. Oh, and if you're planning to use the blind to do finishers, that's also pointless as you'll only have time to perform a finisher on 1 enemy. 

that's the funniest thing.

RB is an escape measure and to set it off you are asked to sit there and invite attacks.

I think what this says is that certain frames are better suited for certain syndicates. Cause im sure as hell not going to sit there and block with Banshee and her 15 armor but i could do that with Inaros.

IMO they should make it use it's current small & short blind on a power attack regardless if the player blocked anything.

If the player does blocks damage then it charges up the next blind used.

In other words, blocking adds bonus range & duration, but the weapon always casts blind on it's charge attack.

Anything less is just too gimmicky and impractical. It needs more reliability and it needs to happen faster. A few of the other Syndicate weapons do things with their charge attacks, so it fits.

Edited by Silvus-Sol

5 hours ago, -----LegioN----- said:

And for anyone who uses mostly Excalibur, the power from vaykor sydon is useless

God bless you for speaking my mind!

Seriously, what's wrong with giving Exalted weapons bonuses from Syndicate weapons? They already were overnerfed to oblivion.

5 hours ago, IceCreamFloat said:

x7 or x10

It is too high. While I would rather have something that's useful on every frame, if we are sticking to blind, going higher than a single block requirement is meaningless. Blocking is bad, really bad. Resorting to blocks anytime is bad. Hence it's already a fair trade-off, especially given the stats of Vaykor Sydon aren't that of a "top melee" by any means.

Also, finishers should be removed - they harm the short blind's potential severely. If it's done, the duration of the blind can be shortened by around a second to make it into more of a burst, than CC.

1 hour ago, Razgris05 said:

Not sure if this is intended but if you equipped vaykor sydon and are using Rhino's Iron Skin, it does not even register the blocking charge (just tested it)....

What a letdown...

That's because Rhino effectively can't block.

Basically, Sydon passive, apart from being unusable on some frames, being redundant on certain frames and being suicidal on others, is unusable and useless in any realistic scenario anyway...

Edited by Demon.King

9 hours ago, Epsik-kun said:

It is too high. While I would rather have something that's useful on every frame, if we are sticking to blind, going higher than a single block requirement is meaningless. Blocking is bad, really bad. Resorting to blocks anytime is bad. Hence it's already a fair trade-off, especially given the stats of Vaykor Sydon aren't that of a "top melee" by any means.

Hey, I'd make it less if I had the power to, just didn't wanna be like "ERM VAYKOR SYDOON WAY 2 HAI LEZ MAKE CHARGE TIM LIEK 3 OKAY GUYS KOOL COOL"

13 hours ago, Mak_Gohae said:

I think what this says is that certain frames are better suited for certain syndicates. Cause im sure as hell not going to sit there and block with Banshee and her 15 armor but i could do that with Inaros.

But why would you even do that with Inaros when his first ability is a AoE blind ~

Like yeah, really, I thought of that myself, until I realized - oh wait, Inaros' first ability does the same thing, but better and more reliable

Edited by IceCreamFloat

4 minutes ago, IceCreamFloat said:

But why would you even do that with Inaros when his first ability is a AoE blind ~

Like yeah, really, I thought of that myself, until I realized - oh wait, Inaros' first ability does the same thing, but better and more reliable

when some one saps all your energy?

Anyway, they need to work on this. Maybe make so you can charge it and activate it when you want.

Just now, Mak_Gohae said:

when some one saps all your energy?

Anyway, they need to work on this. Maybe make so you can charge it and activate it when you want.

Not sure what you mean, but if it's about energy consumption, if you're using a Rage on Inaros (which you should be), and have even a little bit of efficiency, you basically never have to worry about energy at all. I've never ran out on inaros before, and I've played a lot of him.

14 hours ago, IceCreamFloat said:

Le Magical Edits:
 Well it's showing my in-game profile pic now after I relogged......but it's not showing my MR rank >:I

Forums don't show Mastery Rank. Initiate is your pointless forum rank, the more you post the higher the rank.

1 hour ago, IceCreamFloat said:

Not sure what you mean, but if it's about energy consumption, if you're using a Rage on Inaros (which you should be), and have even a little bit of efficiency, you basically never have to worry about energy at all. I've never ran out on inaros before, and I've played a lot of him.

Dont most Inaros build go armor crazy plus his fourth going nuts pretty much negate Rage cause you are receiving little damage?