Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

who blocks with melee?

Saris81

Change thread title to "Who the hell block for 15 consecutive time under high level" please. Under 99% of the time you either run or CC them, nobody got time long-pressing F and holding right button while stand still eating bullet with your face. Don't talk about LoR if it's the only pathetic use of this weapon.

Edited by VCaptiion

2 hours ago, Hesyol said:

DE went TOO creative with syndicate melee I think. Or maybe they need to rework how block works, to make it more useful.

No one here is asking to remove blocks from the game. It's just this weapon's effect is too niche and doesn't have much use. I don't think even people doing LoR will all switch to this weapon now.

Well no. Say you have 30melees weapons to choose from and you happen to have this... I would chose it no? If I'm going into a game with a frame that isn't all about that melee.... I would have that.

Damage reduction is nothing to write home about, it was better back when it was 100% (I think) before Stamina was removed. It was never unbalanced, I don't know why DE felt the need to make every melee category have a specific percentage of damage reduction. You can only block your front and you have no access to projectiles (Glaives, Gunblades, EB aside), it's not like you're completely untouchable.

The only time I end up blocking is if I'm doing a combo that involves RMB.

7 minutes ago, (XB1)ToothlessApollo said:

If you hold block while you attack it actually gives you access to an entirely different set of combos, some of which are more dope than the standard ones.

That really depends on the stance - if they have a combo that requires blocking and attacking held at the same time. Blind Justice, in particular, can pretty much wreck a single line of enemy with its combo.

On 9/17/2016 at 5:10 PM, Saris81 said:

STEEL MERIDIAN
Vaykor Sydon - Justice blinds. Each blocked hit charges a Radial Blind, when fully charged drop block to unleash it. (Weapon Bonus by Tourach and taiiat)

this proc is so useless even the steel meridian proc would have been better than this

What? I not only block,  I block while flying through the air slow mo aim gliding and power diving to slice my enemy in half before sliding into a spin attack to his 5 friends then rapid switching to pistol to shoot the bombard in the head... Who blocks? No one there's so much more than just blocking..... Did I misunderstand the question? 

That blocking mechanic on the sydon is worthless.
I tried to use it when i leveled the weapon, but i couldn't trigger the ability, not even once, just because in every situation, i had way better options than blocking, like using mobility to take 0 damage or killing the ennemy to take 0 damage or using an ability to again take 0 damage.

Frankly, i don't even know what blocking does in a game like warframe. Ennemies are either too weak to represent any kind of threat, thus, why even bother, or they hit so freaking hard that you'll get oneshot if you're too slow. Either case; blocking serves very little purpose, if any at all.

In the end, that sydon will end up in the huge pile of that vast majority of weapons that are just there to gain mastery. Too bad, i love tridents, it would have been nice to have a trident that looks awesome and does good, but those sydons look meh and perform poorly.

3 hours ago, KnaveOfSwords said:

Blocking is my default state when I have my melee weapon out.  it gets dropped when it's interfering with combos or maneuvers, but then I go right back to blocking.  And while I occasionally feel a little silly when this habit carries over to hysteria, over-all, I feel it serves me well.  

me too!

7 hours ago, LazerSkink said:

Damage reduction is nothing to write home about, it was better back when it was 100% (I think) before Stamina was removed. It was never unbalanced, I don't know why DE felt the need to make every melee category have a specific percentage of damage reduction. You can only block your front and you have no access to projectiles (Glaives, Gunblades, EB aside), it's not like you're completely untouchable.

The only time I end up blocking is if I'm doing a combo that involves RMB.

QFT.

Honestly the should at least bring back the stamina bar for blocking only, when it depletes the DR kicks in. Bam, actually worthwhile blocking mechanic.

Edited by tisdfogg

On 9/17/2016 at 10:10 PM, Saris81 said:

STEEL MERIDIAN
Vaykor Sydon - Justice blinds. Each blocked hit charges a Radial Blind, when fully charged drop block to unleash it. (Weapon Bonus by Tourach and taiiat)

this proc is so useless even the steel meridian proc would have been better than this

If you're using something like tempo royale try perma holding the block button and then spamming melee... it's very satisfying ^^