Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Xbox one intermittent screen freeze

(XBOX)Midnight Malice

Question

Been having this issue for a few days now and I just cannot figure out a cause or solution.  On my friends xbox any profile, warframe will stutter freeze about 5 to 6 times every 5 minutes or so.  Have moved the game from external hd to internal, updated, cleared cache, even reinstalled the entire game.  Turned off motion blur and bloom as well.  This doesn't happen with any other game on the external or internal drives.  It is also not internet connectivity as I am wireless to his network and he is hardlined in.  Does not happen on my console at all.  Anyone have any suggestions that I may have missed?

11 answers to this question

This is a issue with the xbox one.

I don't know why this occurs, possibly due to a high usage....

Because this rarely happens to me, particularity in Warriors Orochi 3.

And has recently happened with the Forza Horizon 3 demo.

I have no clue how to fix this...

All I can say is this.

I'm using a Elite Xbox one console....But I primarily play PC.

This has been happening to me since Saturday.

Initially it was during an 8 person raid with an 8 person live party. We had members in EU and na east/west, all of us ended up doing hard reboots of the xbox. One player had unrelated Comcast issues and dropped.

The following day no issues, then jump into an xbox live party with 2 others and my game started the annoying freezes that you describe.

Yesterday, stayed out of live party and had no issues until a third joined our squad. Same freezes happened to me. Not sure if the third was in a party or not. 

Hopefully it gets fixed soon.

Same thing's happening to me. And this happens either when I start a mission(mostly void fissure missions) alone and some players join afterwards, or I join an ongoing mission. Either way the image starts to freeze every 3 seconds. And it must be a server issue because when someone invites me to join on recruit chat, before the SG update I would normally get warnings of people who has bad ping response rate in an average of 400 and 500ms. Which doesn't affect the gameplay at all. Now after the SG update those bad ping response warnings come with an average between 1500 and 3000ms. That's an automatic ticket to Lag-oland. Needless to say how frustrating it is to see your frame freezing in the middle of a bullet jump.

On 9/24/2016 at 2:25 PM, (XB1)Yoninrod said:

Same thing's happening to me. And this happens either when I start a mission(mostly void fissure missions) alone and some players join afterwards, or I join an ongoing mission. Either way the image starts to freeze every 3 seconds. And it must be a server issue because when someone invites me to join on recruit chat, before the SG update I would normally get warnings of people who has bad ping response rate in an average of 400 and 500ms. Which doesn't affect the gameplay at all. Now after the SG update those bad ping response warnings come with an average between 1500 and 3000ms. That's an automatic ticket to Lag-oland. Needless to say how frustrating it is to see your frame freezing in the middle of a bullet jump.

same

On 9/17/2016 at 3:34 PM, (XB1)Midnight Malice said:

Been having this issue for a few days now and I just cannot figure out a cause or solution.  On my friends xbox any profile, warframe will stutter freeze about 5 to 6 times every 5 minutes or so.  Have moved the game from external hd to internal, updated, cleared cache, even reinstalled the entire game.  Turned off motion blur and bloom as well.  This doesn't happen with any other game on the external or internal drives.  It is also not internet connectivity as I am wireless to his network and he is hardlined in.  Does not happen on my console at all.  Anyone have any suggestions that I may have missed?

On 9/19/2016 at 1:37 PM, (XB1)EternalDrk Mako said:

was happening frequently on multiple game platforms this weekend 

some psn users were having similar issues as were some PC 

something also of note was that xfinity services were having outage problems late last week , possible connection? 

a thing i can note is that Mercury might still be in retrograde or has just ended as of me writing this causing some electronics to act a bit unusual and weaken internet speed sometimes and when it's over it would take a few hours sometimes days for electronics to act normal again after retrograde is over correct me if i'm wrong 

Edited by (XB1)falconpwnch0234

58 minutes ago, (XB1)falconpwnch0234 said:

a thing i can note is that Mercury might still be in retrograde or has just ended as of me writing this causing some electronics to act a bit unusual and weaken internet speed sometimes and when it's over it would take a few hours sometimes days for electronics to act normal again after retrograde is over correct me if i'm wrong 

things like that would affect waves and wireless connectivity for sure, but for land lines which are insulated and shielded its a minor blip 

actually over the last week though there have been two very significant DDOS events.  Firstly, on Tuesday, Sep 20, hosting company OVH which peaked 1Tbps range, and also on Tuesday evening (Sep 20), InfoSec journalist Brian Krebs website ws hit with a DDOS peaking at over 600 Gbps. 

These are believed to be the two largest DDOS on record and significantly exceed what it was believed could be achieved by any one DDOS group.

While the nature of the DDOS attack traffic used against OVH has not been revealed, the attack against Brian Kreb's site is unusual in that the traffic is not your typical reflective UDP DDOS traffic, but rather TCP traffic that made connections with the web server and GRE (generic routing encapsulation) packets.  

The reason why this is unusual is that this traffic cannot be spoofed, but rather an analysis of the traffic should reveal which devices were used to launch the attack.

EDIT

basically ddos has been starting up again and its something to consider 

heck last dec consoles were hit with one if memory serves ,

Edited by (XB1)EternalDrk Mako

2 hours ago, (XB1)EternalDrk Mako said:

things like that would affect waves and wireless connectivity for sure, but for land lines which are insulated and shielded its a minor blip 

actually over the last week though there have been two very significant DDOS events.  Firstly, on Tuesday, Sep 20, hosting company OVH which peaked 1Tbps range, and also on Tuesday evening (Sep 20), InfoSec journalist Brian Krebs website ws hit with a DDOS peaking at over 600 Gbps. 

These are believed to be the two largest DDOS on record and significantly exceed what it was believed could be achieved by any one DDOS group.

While the nature of the DDOS attack traffic used against OVH has not been revealed, the attack against Brian Kreb's site is unusual in that the traffic is not your typical reflective UDP DDOS traffic, but rather TCP traffic that made connections with the web server and GRE (generic routing encapsulation) packets.  

The reason why this is unusual is that this traffic cannot be spoofed, but rather an analysis of the traffic should reveal which devices were used to launch the attack.

EDIT

basically ddos has been starting up again and its something to consider 

heck last dec consoles were hit with one if memory serves ,

ok that's good to know another reason why i want to get a wired connection someday....