Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Weapon affect Energy Per Second powers?

(PSN)mmcareen

Question

Hello,

So I need something clearified, powers such as excel blade, valkyrs power 4, mesas peacemaker, titanias razorwing, from my understanding, these are not affected by the weapons you have equipped, only by the mods.  So why is it, I always see people saying this is the best weapon for this or that is the best weapon for that?  I remember DE Steve saying they didn't want it to be you needed to have a certain weapon to use anytime you used this frame, one of the reasons they made syndicate augments not work anyone with exalted blade.  So am I wrong?  Did Steve say one thing and do another?  If someone could please explain, it would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you.

9 answers to this question

I think what these people mean is "this particular weapon is better with X ability because its modding is great for the weapon AND for the ability"

For example, a crit melee weapon is better for a valkyr (without blood rush) while a melee weapon with a lot of damage and impact is better for atlas.

You need a weapon that is playable with this kind of modding.

Just now, Trichouette said:

I think what these people mean is "this particular weapon is better with X ability because its modding is great for the weapon AND for the ability"

For example, a crit melee weapon is better for a valkyr (without blood rush) while a melee weapon with a lot of damage and impact is better for atlas.

You need a weapon that is playable with this kind of modding.

I understand that part, but nope, I just had someone say in Alliance tab "it makes a difference my soma and supra had same build but soma was better" after he asked which was the best weapon and I said, it doesn't make a difference, only your mods do.  This has happened a couple of times now, which is why I'm asking here.

Just now, (PS4)mmcareen said:

I understand that part, but nope, I just had someone say in Alliance tab "it makes a difference my soma and supra had same build but soma was better" after he asked which was the best weapon and I said, it doesn't make a difference, only your mods do.  This has happened a couple of times now, which is why I'm asking here.

Then you're just more clever than them :p

32 minutes ago, (PS4)mmcareen said:

Hello,

So I need something clearified, powers such as excel blade, valkyrs power 4, mesas peacemaker, titanias razorwing, from my understanding, these are not affected by the weapons you have equipped, only by the mods.  So why is it, I always see people saying this is the best weapon for this or that is the best weapon for that?  I remember DE Steve saying they didn't want it to be you needed to have a certain weapon to use anytime you used this frame, one of the reasons they made syndicate augments not work anyone with exalted blade.  So am I wrong?  Did Steve say one thing and do another?  If someone could please explain, it would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you.

AS an example to your question:

when i am equipped with Galatine prime, i get around 14k damage on blade storm. while i get around 9k when i am equipped with Dark Dagger  (The only reason i use Dark dagger is when it procs, i get around 40 energy everytime) although Ash uses i believe Dual Skana for his BS and the original damage is 5980 only. It's all about the multiplier.

you can test that yourself. Get Ash, use blade storm while equipped or holding your melee weapon and notice the count. then compare it with another melee weapon.

Try using body count and blood rush to see the real difference also.

One can build a Impact modded Nikana for Atlas. But while you will get a high damage punch you will get a pretty bad Nikana. So the "trick" is to use a weapon that works well with the build you plan on using for the frames weapon. Like a High Impact weapon for atlas that can make use of Primed Heavy Trauma.

The original problem DE had was that some weapons that had syndicate mods (like the Skana) were always the better choice due to the effect those mods gave (why say no to +100% extra damage right). So those mods stopped transferring to the scaling powers.