Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

make Vacuum an Aura/Exilus mod

xXx_mtv_xXx

Just make it an Aura. Not a sentinel mod(s). A Warframe Aura. Yeah, so we can use any Sentinel, Kubrow, Kavat (or none at all) while automatically picking up loot. 

Aura. Not 1 or 3 damn different mod(s) for sentinels. 

(or at least make it an Exilus mod)

Now we should all get something straight. Vacuum is getting changed and DE wants to NERF it by splitting it into 3 mods. Yes that's a nerf, even despite the fact that we'll be able to use it on any sentinel. 

We should therefore come to terms that:

1. they want to change Vacuum

2. they are prepared to nerf Vacuum

So we should seek a compromise before it's too late. I proposed a compromise. Making it a passive or a common mod is not a compromise - DE simply won't listen to anything that one-sided because it benefits us more than them. 

They want us to grind more and sacrifice more. So let us sacrifice our auras to have Vacuum on any frame! Plus we'll also have to repolarise our auras, so that means resetting each frame if we want to use that aura on it. That's fair. That's a compromise. Or at least make it an Exilus mod. 

Edited by xXx_mtv_xXx

No. Pls then I would have no place to fit my En sip or corrosive projection or maybe Any other useful aura. Instead when I can easily put it on the Sentinels.

That is why ppl prefer animal instinct over loot detector aura.

Vacuum should just be ONE universal  mod.

THE END.

Edited by Iamnotanoob

2 minutes ago, Iamnotanoob said:

No. Pls then I would have no place to fit my En sip or corrosive projection or maybe Any other useful aura. Instead when I can easily put it on the Sentinels.

Vacuum should just a universal mod.

THE END.

No. That would make it too accessible and easy to use. It's a very useful mod and it should be treated as a rare choice, so it should only be usable as an aura. It should even be a Zenurik polarity to persuade people to change their aura polarities. That would make it fair and balanced. 

honestly, it should just be a passive ability every Warframe has, considering how loot is a core staple of the game and assigning something as useful and desired as a vacuum to a sentinel or in this case a mod, is just unnecessarily limiting the player base. If everyone uses carrier because of its vacuum, then everyone will just use the vacuum aura mod instead of the others, because that was exactly what they were doing before.

Why everyone, DE included, tries to find the most convoluted ways to solve the problem when making Vacuum an universal passive would be so much better?

Do I really have to wait other 3 years to be able to use whatever companion I want, be it Kavat or sentinel, without being forced to slowly walk over pick up each single @(*()$ piece of loot, one by one, from the floor?

Sorry, but this is an even worse idea than splitting it into three mods... and that is a really bad idea.

10 minutes ago, Iamnotanoob said:

This, or just make it universal on all Warframes with a option toggle in the settings for the six people here on the forums that will insist they don't want vacuum "forced" on them.

23 minutes ago, xXx_mtv_xXx said:

Just make it an Aura. Not a sentinel mod(s). A Warframe Aura. Yeah, so we can use any Sentinel, Kubrow, Kavat (or none at all) while automatically picking up loot. 

Oh great and auras do stack. If four ppl equip the vacuum aura everything in the whole level will be sucked in. 

^ joking

21 minutes ago, Iamnotanoob said:

THE END.

Agree! No Period.

18 minutes ago, Glitch_Kitten said:

honestly, it should just be a passive ability every Warframe has

Come on, we already have all these cheesy weapons and CC abilities that make even the Trials a joke. I get it, you like and want more easy mode. I don't. 

Now we should all get something straight. Vacuum is getting changed and DE wants to NERF it by splitting it into 3 mods. Yes that's a nerf, even despite the fact that we'll be able to use it on any sentinel. 

We should therefore come to terms that:

1. they want to change Vacuum

2. they are prepared to nerf Vacuum

So we should seek a compromise before it's too late. I proposed a compromise. Making it a passive or a common mod is not a compromise - DE simply won't listen to anything that one-sided because it benefits us more than them. 

They want us to grind more and sacrifice more. So let us sacrifice our auras to have Vacuum on any frame! Plus we'll also have to repolarise our auras, so that means resetting each frame if we want to use that aura on it. That's fair. That's a compromise. 

Edited by xXx_mtv_xXx

18 minutes ago, PapaFragolino said:

Why everyone, DE included, tries to find the most convoluted ways to solve the problem when making Vacuum an universal passive would be so much better?

Yeah. I did not watch the devstream, but didn't they throw out some absurd number like 80% of the players use Carrier/Vacuum?

With that many players using something for quality of life, the first solution you think of should never be "how can we make this less attractive"

Things that actually hurt the game like Ash/MirageSimulor/Tonkor go untouched for ages, and nerfing Vacuum is going to be the new hot topic??

Edit: A couple of other MMO's I've played have all mob drops directly added to your inventory, I don't understand why universal Vacuum (without any terrible downside) is asking for too much in Warframe.

Edited by Dizzle22

Just now, xXx_mtv_xXx said:

Come on, we already have all these cheesy weapons and CC abilities that make even the Trials a joke. I get it, your like and want more easy mode. I don't. 

QoL Convenience and easy are not the same thing, picking up loot manually doesn't make the game more difficult, it slows down the pace of a relatively fast paced game. Also, there is no need to degrade me simply for voicing my opinion on the matter when I have in no way whatsoever provoked you.

Just now, Glitch_Kitten said:

QoL Convenience and easy are not the same thing, picking up loot manually doesn't make the game more difficult, it slows down the pace of a relatively fast paced game. Also, there is no need to degrade me simply for voicing my opinion on the matter when I have in no way whatsoever provoked you.

degrade lol pls take it easy there m8, nobody's harassing you here, no tin foil hats please XD

33 minutes ago, xXx_mtv_xXx said:

Aura. Not 1 or 3 damn different mod(s) for sentinels. 

AURA

vacuum is going to be one universal precept now and carrier's vacuum precept is going to be changed to something new. so any sentinel can equip vacuum now. at least that's what i got from the devstream. making it an aura is bad because we have essential aura mods like corrosive projection. making it a passive of carrier is still bad because that does not solve the problem at hand, the problem being that none of the other sentinels are being used.

i like what DE is trying to do here.

1 minute ago, kalikilic said:

vacuum is going to be one universal precept now and carrier's vacuum precept is going to be changed to something new. so any sentinel can equip vacuum now. at least that's what i got from the devstream. making it an aura is bad because we have essential aura mods like corrosive projection. making it a passive of carrier is still bad because that does not solve the problem at hand, the problem being that none of the other sentinels are being used.

i like what DE is trying to do here.

No, wait, they said they're considering making it 3 different mods for 3 different types of loot. Maybe they won't even let us use all 3 at once. That's a nerf. 

10 minutes ago, Dizzle22 said:

With that many players using something for quality of life, the first solution you think of should never be "how can we make this less attractive"

Here are three "creative" suggestions for DE management:

1. Get a lifetime universal vacuum for only 200p!
  2. Get a universal vacuum booster for only 50p per month!
  3. Get a 3 month universal vacuum as part of Prime Access accessory!

3 minutes ago, xXx_mtv_xXx said:

No, wait, they said they're considering making it 3 different mods for 3 different types of loot. Maybe they won't even let us use all 3 at once. That's a nerf. 

rite. so they are turning it into 3 different mods. when i think about it, that's still ok because if you replace the one carrier precept with one universal precept for all sentinels, then the problem does not rly go away. you'll just be exchanging it. instead of ppl using only carrier now, ppl will immediately jump for that universal vacuum precept to put on their sentinels. 3 options make it so you have to choose based on how you play. seems more intricate that way. at the same time the 3 new mods should do more than just pick up different things. seems empty otherwise

31 minutes ago, PapaFragolino said:

Because welcome to F2P where people need to keep spending money on things like boosters to grind more - so the devs are always thinking about giving us more grind. They eat off this game so they need to keep us spending on it. If this game was your only business then you'd probably be doing the same. 

Edited by xXx_mtv_xXx

14 minutes ago, Dizzle22 said:

Yeah. I did not watch the devstream, but didn't they throw out some absurd number like 80% of the players use Carrier/Vacuum?

Things that actually hurt the game like Ash/MirageSimulor/Tonkor go untouched for ages, and nerfing Vacuum is going to be the new hot topic??

Edit: A couple of other MMO's I've played have all mob drops directly added to your inventory, I don't understand why universal Vacuum (without any terrible downside) is asking for too much in Warframe.

In other MMOs there isn't even as much action as there is in Warframe, I really don't get why people think that with all this freedom in movement picking up each single piece of loot isn't a big deal.

We have bullet jumping and other crazy abilities that make us fly through entire maps, why stick to a looting system that may have worked properly only years ago in closed beta?

I dont think they should make it an aura slot, because those are already in pretty decent shape. Leave the auras alone i think. 

They could make it an exilus slot on your frame. That makes more sense to me. It is an accessory thing. You can slide further, wall latch for longer, get a little bit of extra power or range with drift mods. OR suck loot into you. They are handy to have but so is sucking up loot, then you could use whatever pet you want.

If the community doesn't support a compromise option (like what I'm offering) then we're going to get this Vacuum nerf stuffed down our throats. Some of you guys should really stop trying to make things so easy for yourselves. This is why representative democracy is a thing instead of direct democracy. If you give people the right to decide everything, then they will only decide what's best for them with no compromise. However, much like voters are able to influence the decisions of those they elect, we can also influence the decisions of those who run this game.