Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
Jade Shadows: Known Issues ×

Hydroid's Swarm bug

EternalOdyessy

Spoiler tag because location, and the mission itself. (Yes, I consider the mechanic of this one particular defense mission a spoiler, I love the first reaction from people after wave five, it's glorious)

76f843d1d4eb8cb7840d115015101d97.gif

On Lua: Stolfer, Hydroid cannot use his tentacle swarm effectively for the first ten waves.

The tentacles have a high chance to spawn under the cryopod, which is probably due to the fact it breaks twice. After the final drop, Hydroid's tentacles finally have a use to defend the cryopod directly.

This is probably because you are targeting the pod when you cast your tentacles. The swarm will usually try to spawn your tentacles towards the location around where your sights are aimed at. This can be confirmed when using a small range build.

So just don't aim your tentacle swarm around the circle of the pod that drops after 5 waves and your tentacles will be okay.

16 minutes ago, Xekrin said:

Hmm this could easily be considered an actual bug which means reporting it in the bug sub-forum isn't a bad idea.

Oh. Derp.

Why did I post this here? 

I've posted this thread on the other forum. Apologies, mods. ;w;

Edited by EternalOdyessy

3 minutes ago, MegatronG1 said:

This is probably because you are targeting the pod when you cast your tentacles. The swarm will usually try to spawn your tentacles towards the location around where your sights are aimed at. This can be confirmed when using a small range build.

So just don't aim your tentacle swarm around the circle of the pod that drops after 5 waves and your tentacles will be okay.

Tentacles will still spawn in the area regardless. Could be less, but it will still be a bug. "Just work around it" isn't a fix.

9 minutes ago, MegatronG1 said:

The gif doesn't show the first time I did it. I've used this in all kinds of different spots around the cryopod, and I've come to the conclusion that if I spawn them ANYWHERE near the broken area, it WILL fail and spawn them under the area.