Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Manic weird spawn?

kyori

Question

I was at uranus trying to make the manic spawn in the exterminate mission by leaving the alarm on always but he never spawn... So later that I went on a public low planet(I think it's mercury) survival mission. A manic spawned even before the extraction became available!

I was fighting and noticed a wolverine-like character keep coming at me, then I realized it's a manic with the masks on its back. Kill it and got an Ash BP. Pretty weird how manic is spawned nowadays eh?

I read that it can be easily spawned in Phobos... but that thread was 1 year ago and previously Phobos was under Grineer instead of Corpus?

Aside from popular beliefs(manics only spawn in high level planets and missions, which I experienced is not true), where do you guys most often met manics?

Though I think the popular belief of manic only spawn once if it ever spawn, is still quite true.

17 answers to this question

Manics can spawn on survival missions on... I want to say Ceres or higher, starting at the 15 minute mark.  Exact spawn time can vary, but your first Manic should show up between 15 and 17 minutes in.  On Alert survival missions, this often varies, sometimes with manics showing up within 2-3 minutes of the mission starting, and can show up at much lower levels than normal.

The manic spawn you experienced is consistent with an Alert survival mission.  Was that what it was?

I used to farm manics on Uranus sabotage missions till i got all ash parts. I was lucky enough to have all my ash parts in like 4 encounters in like 2 days. But if you are farming manics for ash parts or the Four Riders stance i suggest you find a party for Law of Retribution [LoR]. From what i experienced so far the more people your party consists of the more manics you will encounter. And there are a lot of them. The only problem with killing manics in LoR might be that your trinity EV might not find targets to cast Energy Vampire in case it's needed (like Nightmare LoR).

getting manics to spawn is a pita, tried to kill two birds with one stone and get manics to spawn when I was doing my inaros quest a week or so back and nothing and I mean nothing seemed to get them to spawn.... ended up getting inaros via manics from the tyl regor fight but his drekar manics don't drop ash blueprints.  I only wanted the system and ideally another head for syndicate sacrifice... I only need systems for ash prime which just shows how bad the decision was to use manics for ash lol

Also while I haven't experienced it myself I have read about the manic spawning before an alarm is triggered.

Edited by LSG501

It's not guaranteed that thay'll drop a Bp. Today in LoR i got 2 full sets of ash...

Back then, when i was farming them on sabotage missions on Uranus, i noticed that they spawned rightafter i broke a container, one of those magnetizing lamps (that deal mgnetic proc and reset your energy) in consecutive runs, but i'm not 100% sure that that's the way to get them spawn.

Edited by LegandaryBeast

Yeah.. just got ash 2nd part during an alert survival on uranus just now.

12 hours ago, LegandaryBeast said:

It's not guaranteed that thay'll drop a Bp. Today in LoR i got 2 full sets of ash...

Back then, when i was farming them on sabotage missions on Uranus, i noticed that they spawned rightafter i broke a container, one of those magnetizing lamps (that deal mgnetic proc and reset your energy) in consecutive runs, but i'm not 100% sure that that's the way to get them spawn.

I'm don't have 3-7 warframe friends to play LoR with me unfortunately.

I guess you are talking about a different uranus sabotage mission since I just reach there and the sabotage mission I just had was the 2nd node unlocked. No manic there.

I think they spawn more during multiplayer and I also think the higher the MR of the players the more possibility for manic  to spawn, because I played a survival with some players lower MR than me and manic didn't spawn.

Edited by kyori

Farming the Law of Retribution raid is a good way to face up against manics. Either that or Regor's assassinate mission as a few spawn during the fight though as it's been said, I don't believe they drop Ash.

For LoR, grab some people in recruiting, there's usually more than enough people wanting to run it.

Edited by Sylvaky

23 hours ago, LSG501 said:

getting manics to spawn is a pita, tried to kill two birds with one stone and get manics to spawn when I was doing my inaros quest a week or so back and nothing and I mean nothing seemed to get them to spawn.... ended up getting inaros via manics from the tyl regor fight but his drekar manics don't drop ash blueprints.  I only wanted the system and ideally another head for syndicate sacrifice... I only need systems for ash prime which just shows how bad the decision was to use manics for ash lol

Also while I haven't experienced it myself I have read about the manic spawning before an alarm is triggered.

Syndicate sacrifices require prime helmets.

15 hours ago, kyori said:

I guess you are talking about a different uranus sabotage mission since I just reach there and the sabotage mission I just had was the 2nd node unlocked. No manic there.

I think they spawn more during multiplayer and I also think the higher the MR of the players the more possibility for manic  to spawn, because I played a survival with some players lower MR than me and manic didn't spawn.

You aren't guaranteed to get a manic spawn, so it not showing up doesn't mean that it can't show up on that mission.  Also, MR has no correlation to manic spawn rates.

1 hour ago, (XB1)R3d P01nt said:

Syndicate sacrifices require prime helmets.

ah the joys of having both prime and normal ash both needing their respective systems blueprints lol.. Yeah it should be ash prime head, no idea why I got that muddled up earlier...

On 9/20/2016 at 8:35 PM, Arkvold said:

Manics can spawn on survival missions on... I want to say Ceres or higher, starting at the 15 minute mark.  Exact spawn time can vary, but your first Manic should show up between 15 and 17 minutes in.

It seems that popular belief is not true. I played both on ceres and saturn survival missions past 25 minutes mark and no manic spawn. I think I can say that manic spawn is also RNG, not a definite spawn at 15 minutes or after.

12 hours ago, kyori said:

It seems that popular belief is not true. I played both on ceres and saturn survival missions past 25 minutes mark and no manic spawn. I think I can say that manic spawn is also RNG, not a definite spawn at 15 minutes or after.

That is correct.  Manics don't always spawn, even after the 15 minute mark of a survival.  If the manic hasn't spawned by the 20 minute mark, it's pretty safe to conclude that it won't spawn at all.

1 hour ago, (XB1)R3d P01nt said:

That is correct.  Manics don't always spawn, even after the 15 minute mark of a survival.  If the manic hasn't spawned by the 20 minute mark, it's pretty safe to conclude that it won't spawn at all.

Ya. Guess I have to try some more. Presently just left ash system to complete it.

Latest encounter.... manic appeared during the 1st dig site on mars while doing the limbo theorem.. but no BP drop.

You want to find him, he won't appear. Don't find him, he come disturb. lol

Edited by kyori