Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please fix Endo Rewards!

Skaleek

The endo reward conversion was not done properly on a majority of the starmap rewards! Banging my head against the wall for a fix that should never have been needed. It takes simple math to convert R5's into Endo. Also had my thread closed, and redirected by mods, only to fall on deaf ears.

Oh wrong forum? Ok.

Easiest fix. Change a number. It's honestly ridiculous how long this has been around for now. Mod told me to make a thread in that forum. Its clear that forum is barely even monitored.

Edited by Skaleek

1 minute ago, trunks013 said:

Hey tenno rebecca talked about it yesterday they are working on it ( its revisited ) ^.^

It will give more endo if the alert is harder !

Actualy she said it may even come as soon as this week :)

No. Not Alerts. Base Mission rewards.

1 minute ago, trunks013 said:

Oh sorry for my misunderstanding

I guess they will rework that too but thats just a guess ^.^ 

i mean if they are revisiting the whole thing with treasures anyway 

But it doesnt need a "rework" it just needs to be equated to what the R5 reward was pre-endo patch. It takes a minute. It should have never been a problem to begin with. R5 to endo conversion should've been done by a simple script. Hell I probably could've done it with a replace all in notepad. This is so lazy it actually makes me really sad.

Edited by Skaleek

1 minute ago, Skaleek said:

But it doesnt need a "rework" it just needs to be equated to what the R5 reward was pre-endo patch. It takes a minute. It should have never been a problem to begin with. R5 to endo conversion should've been done by a simple script. Hell I probably could've done it with a replace all in notepad. This is so lazy it actually makes me really sad.

No you are right but i mean while they are at it i dont understand why they wouldn't change this too.

Lets see in the next update ^.^ 

5 minutes ago, Skaleek said:

I understand your frustration and concerns. But I would still encourage you to be a bit more patient since development and maintenance is not as easy as you might think.
Also "replace all" doesn't always work in complex cases as you might think, using it would probably introduce more obscured bugs that are difficult to detect.

5 minutes ago, Ditto132 said:

I understand your frustration and concerns. But I would still encourage you to be a bit more patient since development and maintenance is not as easy as you might think.
Also "replace all" doesn't always work in complex cases as you might think, using it would probably introduce more obscured bugs that are difficult to detect.

It's been a month. It's made many missions pointless to play. Enough is enough. Look at some of the changes that have gone through in the meantime, go look at the patchnotes. Trivial fashionframe changes instead of things that actually stop people from playing missions. There's no excuse for this. You better believe if there was a mission that gave 4000 endo instead of 400 it would be fixed within the day. Why do you think that is?

4 minutes ago, Skaleek said:

It's been a month. It's made many missions pointless to play. Enough is enough. Look at some of the changes that have gone through in the meantime, go look at the patchnotes. Trivial fashionframe changes instead of things that actually stop people from playing missions. There's no excuse for this. You better believe if there was a mission that gave 4000 endo instead of 400 it would be fixed within the day. Why do you think that is?

Fashion items aren't trivial given that's how DE makes a living, and there are plenty of missions people used to exploit that took months to get nerfed i.e. Draco, Greedy Mag and Banshee farming...and so on. Be patient and it will get fixed. 

Edited by (PS4)Regiampiero

7 minutes ago, (PS4)Regiampiero said:

Fashion items aren't trivial given that's how DE makes a living, and there plenty of missions people used to exploit that took months to get nerfed i.e. Draco, Greedy Mag and Banshee farming...and so on. Be patient and it will get fixed. 

DE makes money from people playing their game first and foremost. No one's gonna buy cosmetics if they dont play the game. Do you have any idea how long it took to get the melee/pistol/rifle elemental damage mods normalized? It took almost 2 years. 2 years to make the ice mod cost 11 points just like the rest of the mods. No, patience and passivity is not what works with DE. I tried that, those posts are from 3 weeks ago and got zero traction. Zerooooo. There's no excuse or complexity involved in botching the endo conversion rates. They messed up, and left it for far too long, no its not some nuanced complicated bug, its a stupid simple one that they left in due to sheer laziness. 

Edited by Skaleek

I agree. The archwing endo rewards should've been fixed long ago. It's yet another reason why people won't play archwing interception as the current paltry 50 endo rewards per wave are discouraging. Every time I've tried to go for 1+ waves, when we get the 50 endo reward at the first wave people just duck out of the mission because they see this pittance. It is dissuading people from playing archwing to the point that no one ever goes long (1+ waves) on caelus.

Should it get fixed? Absolutely. 

Should it have been messed up on the endo change? Absolutely not.

Is there any reason to get heated over it? Absolutely not. 

Dont like that it's messed up on that mission? Go to one where it's not until they fix it. If they were all messed up I would agree with you. But good old Hieracon is doing juuuuust fine for endo :) Just sayin. Chill. It'll be alright <3

6 minutes ago, Azlen said:

Should it get fixed? Absolutely. 

Should it have been messed up on the endo change? Absolutely not.

Is there any reason to get heated over it? Absolutely not. 

Dont like that it's messed up on that mission? Go to one where it's not until they fix it. If they were all messed up I would agree with you. But good old Hieracon is doing juuuuust fine for endo :) Just sayin. Chill. It'll be alright <3

The reason that the OP seems annoyed is not the fact that they messed up the endo change, but the fact that it's been over a month and nothing has been done about it. During that time, many other more complex or trivial non-gameplay issues have been fixed. Like the OP said, it's a simple fix (At least it should be).

But there aren't any other archwing interceptions out there to do, so an alternative is another game mode. If it were reversed and all normal gameplay endo rewards were bugged and archwing endo rewards were fine, you'd better believe people would be up in arms about it, and not just playing archwing instead.

Edited by Etharien

20 minutes ago, Etharien said:

The reason that the OP seems annoyed is not the fact that they messed up the endo change, but the fact that it's been over a month and nothing has been done about it. During that time, many other more complex or trivial non-gameplay issues have been fixed. Like the OP said, it's a simple fix (At least it should be).

But there aren't any other archwing interceptions out there to do, so an alternative is another game mode. If it were reversed and all normal gameplay endo rewards were bugged and archwing endo rewards were fine, you'd better believe people would be up in arms about it, and not just playing archwing instead.

Definitely a fair point. And somewhat actually happened. Hieracon was bugged for a day or 2 as well and quickly got fixed. But that is most likely because the volume of people reporting it being broken.

Its fact that few people play archwing. Even fewer do it for anything but free mastery points. Even fewer still actually do it to farm Endo. Combine all that with the fact that OP couldn't even be bothered to follow the moderators instructions on properly reporting missions with incorrect endo rewards before closing his thread, i'm not suprised at all that nothing has been done. 

When you have one issue that to the vast majority of the community is a non-issue, you posting one bug report (with absolutely no traffic on the post mind you, FURTHER indicating how much of a non-issue it is) isn't going to make a moderator who sees it (if they see it at all) read it and go 'by god! *scribbles the info on a piece of paper and runs to the programers* "we've got to fix this, STAT!"

Again, i'm not trying to downplay it. To anyone with a brain it is beyond a simple fix at face value. It's just that, a value. That needs to be changed. Simple. 

But since basically no one seems to mind, combined with the only proper report made by OP's body of text literally saying nothing but 'Title' you can't expect it to get fixed in a timely manner when you literally have 1 person going 'fix it'.

Just my 2 plat,

~Az

Edited by Azlen

1 hour ago, Skaleek said:

DE makes money from people playing their game first and foremost. No one's gonna buy cosmetics if they dont play the game. Do you have any idea how long it took to get the melee/pistol/rifle elemental damage mods normalized? It took almost 2 years. 2 years to make the ice mod cost 11 points just like the rest of the mods. No, patience and passivity is not what works with DE. I tried that, those posts are from 3 weeks ago and got zero traction. Zerooooo. There's no excuse or complexity involved in botching the endo conversion rates. They messed up, and left it for far too long, no its not some nuanced complicated bug, its a stupid simple one that they left in due to sheer laziness. 

Platinum in existence circulating from player to player doesn't make DE any money, or did you fail economy 101. What makes DE money is the purchasing of new Plat, which is indirectly effected by the end of road purchases like cosmetics or anything else you buy from the market. There's no add revenue, so saying money is generated by just playing the game is just ignorant. 

The mod issue is a completely different issue from the endo. Balancing is not something that happens overnight and there's a lot of post-change impact that needs to be taken in consideration. Did it take long? Yes, but is everyone constantly crying for new content every single week? Its a small company and with limited resources, so please consider that when making absolute statements. 

2 hours ago, Skaleek said:

Have you even done large scale game development before? Also especially since there are numerous amount of salty, hyped, suggestions and many other posts, I wouldn't be surprised that your bug post would be noticed right away. There are also quite a number of people urging DE to release more new contents quickly.

1 hour ago, (PS4)Regiampiero said:

Platinum in existence circulating from player to player doesn't make DE any money, or did you fail economy 101. What makes DE money is the purchasing of new Plat, which is indirectly effected by the end of road purchases like cosmetics or anything else you buy from the market. There's no add revenue, so saying money is generated by just playing the game is just ignorant. 

The mod issue is a completely different issue from the endo. Balancing is not something that happens overnight and there's a lot of post-change impact that needs to be taken in consideration. Did it take long? Yes, but is everyone constantly crying for new content every single week? Its a small company and with limited resources, so please consider that when making absolute statements. 

Okay first, Its not a small company anymore they have over 200 employees. You clearly have zero clue as to what you are talking about. Economy 101, in order to sell a product to a population, you first need a population. Its a pretty simple statement. You need a playerbase before you can entice said playerbase to buy cosmetics. A player who quits doesnt buy platinum.

If i told you I'd sell you 100 cosmetics for 10 cents to my game "NOENDO4U" now f2p, would you buy the cosmetics? Probably not, because theres no point in playing a game with zero base substance. Player retention is absolutely DE's ultimate endgame goal, tell me differently. Fixing a fashionframe cosmetic should be no where near the priority of ensuring that the games core gameplay elements are intact and functioning properly.

Economy 101, teach me guy. The only way to get anyone at DE to listen is to bang my head against the forums just like those constant "NERF THIS NERF THAT" thread spammers, because as undignified as it is, at least it produces results. At the end of the day, im trying to get Endo rewards buffed to what they SHOULD be across the entire starmap. This is important.

Edited by Skaleek

1 hour ago, Ditto132 said:

Have you even done large scale game development before? Also especially since there are numerous amount of salty, hyped, suggestions and many other posts, I wouldn't be surprised that your bug post would be noticed right away. There are also quite a number of people urging DE to release more new contents quickly.

I have done large scale software development, currently what I'm doing, actually. Bugs like this take time to get squashed because they have not been elevated to the proper priority. In fact, its only until someone says something or makes a issue out of it, that the priority is elevated and the bugs are fixed. And here we are. Look how many more views this thread has gotten than my other 2, where i respond or elevate. No information has been added to the thread, and yet those of you telling me to be patient or whatever it is (honestly it doesnt matter), it bumps the thread so that more and more people become aware that these rewards are still bugged.

Awareness is crucial. Maybe i wont make another post about it but perhaps someone else who read this thread, a month down the line, when its still not fixed (believe it) will be able to come back to this thread and say to DE: "Hey look guys, we've been trying to get this fixed for a long time, f'in fix it already will ya?"

Edited by Skaleek

11 hours ago, Skaleek said:

I have done large scale software development, currently what I'm doing, actually. Bugs like this take time to get squashed because they have not been elevated to the proper priority. In fact, its only until someone says something or makes a issue out of it, that the priority is elevated and the bugs are fixed. And here we are. Look how many more views this thread has gotten than my other 2, where i respond or elevate. No information has been added to the thread, and yet those of you telling me to be patient or whatever it is (honestly it doesnt matter), it bumps the thread so that more and more people become aware that these rewards are still bugged.

Awareness is crucial. Maybe i wont make another post about it but perhaps someone else who read this thread, a month down the line, when its still not fixed (believe it) will be able to come back to this thread and say to DE: "Hey look guys, we've been trying to get this fixed for a long time, f'in fix it already will ya?"

Software development is not the same as game development, usually most of the bugs are never fixed while the bug list continue to expand. Mostly the critical bugs get fixed and the rest got forgotten. Even if a bug could be fixed by a person who know how to do it, that person got other priorities or was not even informed about that bug. Some bugs might also require changing multiple modules, server and client side or involve multiple people to fix it. Since there are lot of major changes since its initial release, any changes that require systems overhaul are problematic and usually bypass codes were written and remain never to be correctly implemented.

I would suggest you try make another post about it in the next DevStream post, since more people and the Dev have higher chance of reading it, it would get more awareness there. Even so, I have seen multiple of the same bug posts for the pass few DevStream but the bug still yet to be fixed, so you shouldn't get your hope too high.

12 hours ago, Skaleek said:

He has a point with this ya know. Sometimes you just gotta get naked and run around in the street screaming in order to get things done. Sure your dignity might take a hit, but it's the results that matter. And that is what the OP is doing by pseudo-raging in these posts, he is running around naked in the street, for all of us. Thanks for taking one for the team bro.

#FixUranus

#400EndoMatters

#ThatFirstHashtagSoundsDirty

Just trying to deflate some tension with a little humor. The OP's concerns are legit and I fully support his passion and drive on getting this problem fixed.

Edited by Silvus-Sol
I really should start proofreading this s***

2 hours ago, Kothophed said:

They may have just altered the power-level of the mission after the fusion rework to deliberately encourage a greater variety of missions.  The point of reworking is not to replicate the original system exactly.

Except there is no "greater variety of missions" for Archwing because there are like a nine missions total. This wasn't intentional either, they made a little mistake, and they need to fix that little mistake. And the "power-level" isn't the problem, the reward being a fraction of what it should be is the problem.

Edited by Silvus-Sol

I dont think it will be ever fixed, there have been many MANY other issues before that have gone unnoticed (or just ignored), and also very simple things too. The endo system is just another fix for something that didnt need a fix and was made worse, the relic system is also another testament to that, now we have a harder to manage assortment of keys for missions that also need to be re-stocked for every prime set release, wait until the next 2 prime warframes and unvaultings happen, we will have at least 30 relics per tier by then.