Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New player having trouble getting first warframe

Rustyribena

Question

The first frame you'll really come across is Rhino on Fossa, Venus. He is a good support tank. To get to him you will need to complete the Venus Junction so you can unlock the planet. After that just complete the missions leading up to Fossa. If you want I could take you straight to Venus and we can grab Rhinos blueprints : )

Edited by williamsos10

2 minutes ago, williamsos10 said:

The first frame you'll really come across is Rhino on Fossa, Venus. He is a good support tank. To get to him you will need to complete the Venus Junction so you can unlock the planet. After that just complete the missions leading up to Fossa. If you want I could take you straight to Venus and we can grab Rhinos blueprints : )

While I agree that Rhino is in fact a good overall frame, I don't think he should be one of someone's FIRST frames, because he kind of gets people into bad habits later on in higher difficulty missions that can be hard to break.

If you can OP, I'd recommend asking a friend to help you get the Excalibur frame (Another good all arounder for most missions), or if you're in a Clan, go to the dojo and construct Volt. he's a good all around offensive utility frame, at least until you can get his primed variation.

I´d go for Oberon. That was my first warframe. But me being me. I had deleted my exaclibur for Oberon. I might get him back cause I understand how I would need to mod him. But yeah. Either Oberon or Ember. If you´re going to use Rhino, dont get into a habit of using your ironskin and thinking your invincible and try to go out on your own. Use your roar to apply a damage buff to your squad mates that are close to you. So yeah.... Have fun young tenno.

14 minutes ago, Rustyribena said:

so ive started playing warframe and im having trouble trying to obtain a new warframe in that i feel the current warframe im using now (mag) is too underwhelming in order to obtain the stuff for better warframes

While rhino is easy to obtain and a really good frame to have, he does teach new players bad habits. As suggested above, Volt is a good Frame. However, he's Clan tech and expensive. Frost and Excalibur are good, but they require higher level bosses (Lech Kril and Ambulas, respectively).

Ivara and Oberon are also good, but Ivara requires some Spy missions, some of them higher level. And Oberon requires farming a LOT of eximus units.

Bset advice: Clan with research on a Frame or a friend that can help you kill higher level bosses.

1 minute ago, (XB1)DizkoDeath said:

I´d go for Oberon. That was my first warframe. But me being me. I had deleted my exaclibur for Oberon. I might get him back cause I understand how I would need to mod him. But yeah. Either Oberon or Ember. If you´re going to use Rhino, dont get into a habit of using your ironskin and thinking your invincible and try to go out on your own. Use your roar to apply a damage buff to your squad mates that are close to you. So yeah.... Have fun young tenno.

This exactly. Everyone I see playing Rhino/Rhino Prime acts like they're invincible, then when they get to higher level missions, they wonder why they fall apart like a Jenga tower in an earthquake. While I do see Rhino's potential, if you do choose to use him OP, don't get trapped in this mindset. Always stay near, and support your team, you will be an amazing Rhino.

3 minutes ago, (XB1)DizkoDeath said:

Always nice seeing Oberon love. So many people hate him.

Just now, (PS4)NewAgeDoom said:

I don't DISLIKE him, it's just that he doesn't really fit any particular niche. A lot of what he can do, most other frames can do better in a more specialized role.

He's not a Specialized Frame though, that's the problem. He's not designed to fit into a single role. Sure, Trinity heals better. But Trinity is squishier and doesn't have the offensive capabilities Oberon has. Frost has better crowd control, but he can't heal.

Just now, Nocam said:

He's not a Specialized Frame though, that's the problem. He's not designed to fit into a single role. Sure, Trinity heals better. But Trinity is squishier and doesn't have the offensive capabilities Oberon has. Frost has better crowd control, but he can't heal.

Trinity....squishy? Build her for Link/Blessing. You'll be happy you did.

Edited by (PS4)NewAgeDoom

1 minute ago, (PS4)NewAgeDoom said:

Trinity....squishy? Build her for Link/Blessing. You'll be happy you did.

Yes. Squishy. I have a Bless Trinity. I prefer Oberon for survivability. She's a Cleric, he's a Paladin. He can't heal as well, but he can DEFINITELY take more hits.

2 minutes ago, Nocam said:

Yes. Squishy. I have a Bless Trinity. I prefer Oberon for survivability. She's a Cleric, he's a Paladin. He can't heal as well, but he can DEFINITELY take more hits.

I've been playing her for Link/Blessing, and it seems like I'm the only one NOT dying.

2 minutes ago, bluepheonix13 said:

Lech Kril is not high level anymore, he is on Mars, which is one of the first planets people go to.

Is he still annoying to damage properly?

I've been playing her for Link/Blessing, and it seems like I'm the only one NOT dying.

Is he still annoying to damage properly?

It's about how one plays. I play Oberon like a Support Frame. Like a Paladin. I can switch between off-damage to healing, or off-healing to damage. It's all about build and playstyle.

And yes. He's still annoying.

Just now, Nocam said:

It's about how one plays. I play Oberon like a Support Frame. Like a Paladin. I can switch between off-damage to healing, or off-healing to damage. It's all about build and playstyle.

And yes. He's still annoying.

I play Trinity more as a battle Cleric. In the frontlines, up in your grill, with a shotgun. With lots of Links going everywhere.

I play Trinity more as a battle Cleric. In the frontlines, up in your grill, with a shotgun. With lots of Links going everywhere.

As I said, varying playstyles. I keep her more toward the back, with a Sybaris or a Tiberon. Or a bow. I play her as a Priestess. A healer.

1 minute ago, Nocam said:

I said higher level. He's a higher level thaqn both Vor and Jackal. I never said he was too high.

My bad, misread it. You mentioned him and Ambulas in one sentence and Ambulas is definitely too high, that's probably why I mistook it.

But yeah OP, Frost would be my recommendation, because he is a great allrounder. The only problem will be to beat Lech Kril, but with the help of the wiki and maybe playing public you'll surely make it.

1 minute ago, Nocam said:

As I said, varying playstyles. I keep her more toward the back, with a Sybaris or a Tiberon. Or a bow. I play her as a Priestess. A healer.

Don't get me wrong, occasionally I'll have her back providing suppressing fire with my Vulkar Wraith, or a Soma Prime. but I just prefer being up in the enemy's grill, making them feel bad about their life choices.