Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Unthawed Lands (Concluded, IC)

bowiespoon

Well, I've been here for a few months now, and I figured I might give creating my own RP a shot.

NOTE: this RP is post 2nd dream, but if you want your OC's to have a different origin story, be my guest.

RULES:

- don't god-mode

- no OP actions or metagaming

- be polite

- have fun!

- no more than 4-5 OC's

STORY:

Several days ago, a transmission was sent out across the system, reading as thus: "Tenno, I need your help. I am the leader of a rebel faction on Pluto, who wishes to see his people freed from Corpus slavery. For as long as we can remember, we have toiled under their regime, building their accursed rails ever outward. Our people sweat and labor for them, with barely a single credit making its way back to our hands. However, we were not always like this. Our records tell us that we were once a nation that rivaled the Orokin in power, up until the advent of void technology. I would see those days return to my people. Help us, and you will be rewarded lavishly. I beg you, aid us." Included with the transmission were instructions detailing how to slip past the massive Corpus blockade recently placed around the planet.

Now, Vlad waited anxiously at the designated landing site, pulling his coat closer to his chest in an attempt to stave off the cold. He was on the outskirts of town, where the cities massive heat generator could not sufficiently warm the area. This meant two things: the city could not expand past a certain point, keeping its population from growing to large, and that people tended to cluster around the center, making the outskirts a great place for those who did not wish to be observed. Away from prying eyes, and surrounded by dissidents - the perfect place to stage his rebellion.

The two guards standing watch beside him glanced back, gazing longingly at the nearby tavern that was serving as a front for their headquarters. He gestured for them to head inside and enjoy themselves for the evening - he could wait outside alone. Though they initially refused, he insisted upon it. Eventually, the desire to be out of the cold - and the desire for a couple strong drinks after a long day - won over, and they headed inside. Vlad remained outside, gazing hopefully at the dark sky, scanning for signs of a ship. He tugged his ushanka snugly over his head as he prepared for a long night in the cold.

A large city on pluto, has been Corpus-controlled territory for as long as anyone can remember. The city is regulated by a massive heat generator located in its center, providing survivable - if only just - temperatures. The city is broken up into four sections, with the wealthiest closest to the center, and the poorest the farthest away. A massive fleet guards the planet, meaning bringing in outside help or supplies is all but impossible. Other than the occasional smuggler desperate enough to brave the blockade, don't expect much contact with the outside world.

Well, now that all that is out of the way, we can begin!

Edited by bowiespoon

9 minutes ago, Daakjenaar said:

A Xiphos appeared in the sky, and lowered its way down to the landing site. It had a dark blue and black color scheme. A dark grey Loki wearing an Abrasys syandana stepped out of the ship, and looked around

Vlad jumped out of his chair, walking over to the tenno, grinning broadly.

"Hello!" he called out, raising his hand in greeting. "Had us worried for a while - we were starting to think nobody would come."

Edited by bowiespoon

23 minutes ago, bowiespoon said:

Vlad jumped out of his chair, walking over to the tenno, grinning broadly.

"Hello!" he called out, raising his hand in greeting. "Had us worried for a while - we were starting to think nobody would come."

"Well, I'm here. Still, I'm not 100% sure what this is about"

4 minutes ago, Daakjenaar said:

"Well, I'm here. Still, I'm not 100% sure what this is about"

8 minutes ago, Nocam said:

A black and white Ivara came out of the shadows, a Furis hanging from her right hip and a pair of Ether Daggers at her lower back.

"Someone called for help?"

Her voice was soft, a trait from her stealthy, huntress nature.

Vlad swung around, grinning from ear to ear.

"That'd be me!" he said. Turning towards the loki, he beckoned for the two to follow him. "Come, let us get out of the cold! I'll explain what we're doing here, and how you might be able to help us!"

Edited by bowiespoon

10 minutes ago, bowiespoon said:

Vlad swung around, grinning from ear to ear.

"That'd be me!" he said. Turning towards the loki, he beckoned for the two to follow him. "Come, let us get out of the cold! I'll explain what we're doing here, and how you might be able to help us!"

He followed Vlad

A cloaked Liset and Scimitar silently landed in the immediate area, and from the Liset's opening hanger doors two figures could be outline. One of the figures, in a red and orange paintjob (regular valkyr colors to be exact, and a Bastet helm) sauntered forward with a Raksa at her side, while the other one faded into the shadows alongside her Huras, opting a more observatory position.

Just as they turned around, the sound of ship engines were heard. Suddently, through the blizzard outside, a Scimitar, a Mantis and a Xiphos appeared. They all opened the lower hatch and their users dropped down from them.

From the Scimitar, a Gersemi Valkyr dropped, her frame with a dark blue, gold and white color scheme, her Prisma Ygaro syandana waving behind her, the Nikana Prime on her back glinting with the outside light. Behind her was a pure white Adarza Kavat, with a Wysar armor with colors matching it's mistress.

From the Mantis, a Longhorn Mesa dropped, her frame colored dark red, with brown accents and the cloths colored white. Her Sarpa was holstered tightly against the back of her hips.

From the Xiphos, a Proto-Pendragon Excalibur, with grey, brown and yellow colors jumped down, landing with his Brunt shield onto the floor. Behind him dropped a Huras Kubrow with the Bruja armor matching it's master's colors. It was massive, bulky, clearly a fine specimen of an Omega build.

The Valkyr took a step foward as their ships departed. "We heard your message. We've come to help you, in any way we can."

The Mesa nodded, flicking her Regulators once.

The Excal simply nodded as he gave the kubrow a few soft pats on it's head.

10 minutes ago, Nocam said:

Ivara looked down at her side muttering something under her breath, just before a Smeeta Kavat de-cloaked and followed her inside.

Vlad led them to a nearby building, a wave of heat blasting in their face as they entered. The building appeared to be a bar of some sort - and had boasted wooden floors and walls, a rarity in these parts. A handful of armed men and women drank casually, glancing suspiciously at the tenno. Vlad took them to the back, the barkeep shooting him a dirty look as he tracked snow across the room. One man stood up, nodding at Vlad as he took the man's place outside.

"The bar is a front for our operation," he explained as he led them into a closed room, "It's the perfect cover, really. People are always coming in and out of here, and regular shipments allow us to smuggle supplies to our other cells."

Once they were out of sight of the customers out front, he opened a trapdoor in the floor, climbing down it. The room was surprisingly large, and judging by the numerous scratches on the metal walls, had been built long before the rebels decided to occupy it. Several maps of the city were pinned on the walls, with detailed information regarding supply caches, troop movement, and population centers. There were three figures within the room, though it was to dim to make out what they looked like.

"This," Vlad said, gesturing proudly, "Is where we plot our rebellion."

Ivara twirled a basic arrow in her fingers as she eyeballed the map. She was never one for front lines, leadership work, so she didn't have to memorize everything, but she liked to instead memorize terrain features, building locations, places to get good shots from. And it would tell her if it was worth calling in her partner, though by the look of the assembled group, she might have to.

5 minutes ago, bowiespoon said:

Vlad led them to a nearby building, a wave of heat blasting in their face as they entered. The building appeared to be a bar of some sort - and had boasted wooden floors and walls, a rarity in these parts. A handful of armed men and women drank casually, glancing suspiciously at the tenno. Vlad took them to the back, the barkeep shooting him a dirty look as he tracked snow across the room. One man stood up, nodding at Vlad as he took the man's place outside.

"The bar is a front for our operation," he explained as he led them into a closed room, "It's the perfect cover, really. People are always coming in and out of here, and regular shipments allow us to smuggle supplies to our other cells."

Once they were out of sight of the customers out front, he opened a trapdoor in the floor, climbing down it. The room was surprisingly large, and judging by the numerous scratches on the metal walls, had been built long before the rebels decided to occupy it. Several maps of the city were pinned on the walls, with detailed information regarding supply caches, troop movement, and population centers. There were three figures within the room, though it was to dim to make out what they looked like.

"This," Vlad said, gesturing proudly, "Is where we plot our rebellion."

"Do you actually have an end goal, or do you just wanna blow stuff up?"

4 minutes ago, souldrive11 said:

A cloaked Liset and Scimitar silently landed in the immediate area, and from the Liset's opening hanger doors two figures could be outline. One of the figures, in a red and orange paintjob (regular valkyr colors to be exact, and a Bastet helm) sauntered forward with a Raksa at her side, while the other one faded into the shadows alongside her Huras, opting a more observatory position.

A guard quickly ran out, approaching the Valkyr.

"Another one? Things are starting to look up for us!" he said cheerfully, "Vlad's the one you'll be wanting to speak with, he's in the building back there. Just walk over to the barkeep, he'll show you where to go."

The guard sat down in a chair nearby, drinking from a flask as he watched for new arrivals.

17 minutes ago, Wolfheart297 said:

Just as they turned around, the sound of ship engines were heard. Suddently, through the blizzard outside, a Scimitar, a Mantis and a Xiphos appeared. They all opened the lower hatch and their users dropped down from them.

From the Scimitar, a Gersemi Valkyr dropped, her frame with a dark blue, gold and white color scheme, her Prisma Ygaro syandana waving behind her, the Nikana Prime on her back glinting with the outside light. Behind her was a pure white Adarza Kavat, with a Wysar armor with colors matching it's mistress.

From the Mantis, a Longhorn Mesa dropped, her frame colored dark red, with brown accents and the cloths colored white. Her Sarpa was holstered tightly against the back of her hips.

From the Xiphos, a Proto-Pendragon Excalibur, with grey, brown and yellow colors jumped down, landing with his Brunt shield onto the floor. Behind him dropped a Huras Kubrow with the Bruja armor matching it's master's colors. It was massive, bulky, clearly a fine specimen of an Omega build.

The Valkyr took a step foward as their ships departed. "We heard your message. We've come to help you, in any way we can."

The Mesa nodded, flicking her Regulators once.

The Excal simply nodded as he gave the kubrow a few soft pats on it's head.

The guard stationed to watch for new arrivals stood up, noticing the tenno

"It is raining tenno!" he laughed, "Head inside, the barkeep will show you where to go."

he pointed to a nearby building, the only one to still have its lights on at this hour.

Edited by bowiespoon

3 minutes ago, Nocam said:

Ivara twirled a basic arrow in her fingers as she eyeballed the map. She was never one for front lines, leadership work, so she didn't have to memorize everything, but she liked to instead memorize terrain features, building locations, places to get good shots from. And it would tell her if it was worth calling in her partner, though by the look of the assembled group, she might have to.

2 minutes ago, Daakjenaar said:

"Do you actually have an end goal, or do you just wanna blow stuff up?"

"It is my goal to wrestle this planet from Corpus control, and to rebuild the nation we descended from."

He walked over to a large table, which lit up when he tapped it, displaying yet another map, this one dividing the city into four rings.

"Fortunately, you only need to concern yourselves with the first part. However, let me warn you, there are some caveats."

1 minute ago, bowiespoon said:

The guard stationed to watch for new arrivals stood up, noticing the tenno

"It is starting to rain tenno!" he laughed, "Head inside, the barkeep will show you where to go."

he pointed to a nearby building, the only one to still have its lights on at this hour.

The three Tenno nodded, the Mesa giving out a small giggle at the guard's joke. They headed inside, where they were shown to the trapdoor, with the barkeep frowing as he saw the two animals following the trio.

The Valkyr went in first, followed by her Kavat, then the Mesa, and then the Excal and the Kubrow.

Once in, they looked at Vlad. While the Mesa and the Excal stood behind, looking at the maps and informations on the walls, the Valkyr stepped foward. "Greetings. I believe it was you who sent the message, am I correct?"

1 minute ago, bowiespoon said:

"It is my goal to wrestle this planet from Corpus control, and to rebuild the nation we descended from."

He walked over to a large table, which lit up when he tapped it, displaying yet another map, this one dividing the city into four rings.

"Fortunately, you only need to concern yourselves with the first part. However, let me warn you, there are some caveats."

"So, want to tell us your plan?"

9 minutes ago, bowiespoon said:

"It is starting to rain tenno!"

((Must be Tenno clock))

The arrow stopped.

"Caveats?"

Ivara preferred no secrets when she took a job. She had to know every detail or there was no deal. She despised surprises.

11 minutes ago, Wolfheart297 said:

The three Tenno nodded, the Mesa giving out a small giggle at the guard's joke. They headed inside, where they were shown to the trapdoor, with the barkeep frowing as he saw the two animals following the trio.

The Valkyr went in first, followed by her Kavat, then the Mesa, and then the Excal and the Kubrow.

Once in, they looked at Vlad. While the Mesa and the Excal stood behind, looking at the maps and informations on the walls, the Valkyr stepped foward. "Greetings. I believe it was you who sent the message, am I correct?"

10 minutes ago, Daakjenaar said:

"So, want to tell us your plan?"

10 minutes ago, Nocam said:

((Must be Tenno clock))

The arrow stopped.

"Caveats?"

Ivara preferred no secrets when she took a job. She had to know every detail or there was no deal. She despised surprises.

"Perfect timing!" Vlad said, nodding at the three newcomers.

"I'll explain everything in a minute, but first I'd like to know the names of those I'm working with."

As Vlad spoke, a figure in the back casually rested a hand on his sidearm, watching them carefully. Clearly, not everyone in this group was as trusting of the tenno as their leader.

Edited by bowiespoon

26 minutes ago, bowiespoon said:

A guard quickly ran out, approaching the Valkyr.

"Another one? Things are starting to look up for us!" he said cheerfully, "Vlad's the one you'll be wanting to speak with, he's in the building back there. Just walk over to the barkeep, he'll show you where to go."

The guard sat down in a chair nearby, drinking from a flask as he watched for new arrivals.

(on phone for a bit, so no color and slow replies expected)

The Valkyr (and Nyx) made their way into the bar, the visible one's matching Yomo Syndana bouncing on her back with every swagger.

7 minutes ago, souldrive11 said:

(on phone for a bit, so no color and slow replies expected)

The Valkyr (and Nyx) made their way into the bar, the visible one's matching Yomo Syndana bouncing on her back with every swagger.

Many of the patrons of the bar glared at the Valkyr behind her back, whispering to each other. The barkeep, hearing the wooden floorboards creak under the weight of the warframe, nodded to the tenno, gesturing to a doorway leading to a backroom.

"They're inside, meeting just started." he said, speaking in a thick accent.

27 minutes ago, bowiespoon said:

"Perfect timing!" Vlad said, nodding at the three newcomers.

"I'll explain everything in a minute, but first I'd like to know the names of those I'm working with."

As Vlad spoke, a figure in the back casually rested a hand on his sidearm, watching them carefully. Clearly, not everyone in this group was as trusting of the tenno as their leader.

The Valkyr frowned under her helmet when she saw the reaction of the guy in the back, her right hand hovering over the Spira Prime pouch on her thigh. "The name is Katherine, second-in-command of the Elysium." She motioned to the Kavat, clearly an albino, that was sitting next to her feet. "And this is Sekhmet."

The Mesa stepped foward, flicking her Regulators carelessly. "And mine's Jenny, Elysium's gunslinger and certified joker." She bowed her head a bit, giggleing, the Vasto Prime on her hip jiggleing a bit on the holster.

The Proto-Excal looked at the whole group. "And I'm Mordred, Elysium's top melee fighter and scout. And this is Forseti." At the mention of it's name, the Kubrow let out a small bark, exposing it's broad shoulders, the Bruja armor almost seeming a bit too tight to fit such a beast.

21 minutes ago, bowiespoon said:

Many of the patrons of the bar glared at the Valkyr behind her back, whispering to each other. The barkeep, hearing the wooden floorboards creak under the weight of the warframe, nodded to the tenno, gesturing to a doorway leading to a backroom.

"They're inside, meeting just started." he said, speaking in a thick accent.

The Valkyr gave a mock salute to the bartender, before ambling through the backdoor. and down the hatch on the floor. The black and orange frame curled up in one of the room's unoccupied corners, with the cloaked Nyx sitting cross legged to her right.