Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Unthawed Lands (Concluded, IC)

bowiespoon

13 minutes ago, souldrive11 said:

The Valkyr gave a mock salute to the bartender, before ambling through the backdoor. and down the hatch on the floor. The black and orange frame curled up in one of the room's unoccupied corners, with the cloaked Nyx sitting cross legged to her right.

"Last-minute arrivals?" Vlad asked, "You're just in time. We were just in the middle of sharing our names."

7 minutes ago, bowiespoon said:

"Last-minute arrivals?" Vlad asked, "You're just in time. We were just in the middle of sharing our names."

"My name~, good sir,  is Madam Roderick Ponce von Fontlebottom the Magnific-" the Valkyr gets cut off by a pacifying bolt to the helmet from across the room. 

"...her name is Aria, and I'm Mia..." the Nyx's voice seemingly coming from everywhere in the room, yet nowhere. 

"It is a pleasure to meet you all!" Vlad said happily.

"But where are my manners? I am Vlad, leader of this rebellion."

He looked around the room, counting everyone present. "If we are all here, I believe we can begin to discuss our plans."

He finished counting, frowning slightly. "Sergei, where is-"

"Out." a man in the back rasped, not turning away from his map - which detailed routes of some sort, with a series of 'X' marks running along them.

Vlad sighed, "Very well, I guess we'll just have to start without her."

Edited by bowiespoon

Kat grinned slightly under her helmet, somehwat happy for seeing a Valkyr that apparently had not gone mad or homicidal due to the Zanuka Project. She then crossed her arms and looked at the maps. "Hmmm, interesting... Highly detailed, with coordinates and schedules..." She looked at Vlad. "You guys sure are being thorough with this." She then looked at the maps again and pressed a button on the side of her helmet. "Sally, copy this information, cross-check with Corpus logs and check for any faulty information." |Yes, Operator.| Her helmet let out a thing line of light that scanned the entire group of maps. She then looked at Vlad. "Hopefuly, Sallymarius will be able to correct any possible flaws in the routes and schedules." Sekhmet lied down at her feet.

Jen tilted her head, looking at Kat. "Sis, you could've asked before doing a full scan." She looked at bit to the side, to the man named Sergei, more than aware of his lack of trust in them.

Mordred nodded, but then stepped closer to the table. "Alright, Vlad. Fill us in on what you got so far. What you're trying to pull off isn't gonna be easy, and we'll have to be ready for it." He took off his Brunt shield and placed it on the Kubrow's back. The lack of the Ack axe was visible. The Kubrow didn't seem phased at all with the extra weight.

10 hours ago, Wolfheart297 said:

Kat grinned slightly under her helmet, somehwat happy for seeing a Valkyr that apparently had not gone mad or homicidal due to the Zanuka Project. She then crossed her arms and looked at the maps. "Hmmm, interesting... Highly detailed, with coordinates and schedules..." She looked at Vlad. "You guys sure are being thorough with this." She then looked at the maps again and pressed a button on the side of her helmet. "Sally, copy this information, cross-check with Corpus logs and check for any faulty information." |Yes, Operator.| Her helmet let out a thing line of light that scanned the entire group of maps. She then looked at Vlad. "Hopefuly, Sallymarius will be able to correct any possible flaws in the routes and schedules." Sekhmet lied down at her feet.

Jen tilted her head, looking at Kat. "Sis, you could've asked before doing a full scan." She looked at bit to the side, to the man named Sergei, more than aware of his lack of trust in them.

Mordred nodded, but then stepped closer to the table. "Alright, Vlad. Fill us in on what you got so far. What you're trying to pull off isn't gonna be easy, and we'll have to be ready for it." He took off his Brunt shield and placed it on the Kubrow's back. The lack of the Ack axe was visible. The Kubrow didn't seem phased at all with the extra weight.

(don't mind this post, couldn't get it to come out right)

Edited by souldrive11

((Two quick announcements: I'm closing the RP for a little while, and the OOC thread is up and running.))

3 hours ago, crimsonspartan1 said:

((Seems like I missed out on a lot of basic stuff cus the rp started without me))

((Seems like I'll be butting into an important part))

A large blue palatine rhino enters the room, holding a boar. He stares at the others within the room

"Am I late? Or am I just on time?"

"Just in time!" Vlad called out, beckoning for the rhino to join them.

6 hours ago, Nocam said:

Allyson remained quiet, listening to the banter as she traced a few contour lines with the arrow she held.

"Robotics. How heavy are we talking? Lynx or Jackal models? Or is it just the fleshy, human types?"

Sergei walked over to her. His face was hidden by a balaclava, which we wore an eyepatch over, and even over that he wore a deep hood. All the could be seen of his face was a single, bloodshot eye.

"Depends," he rasped, "You'll find the heavy proxies are generally quarantined to the 1st quadrant. Out here in the 4th quadrant, you'll not see anything larger than a moa. The larger proxies are expensive, and the cold often damages their shield generators. Having to repair them costs money, and you know how the corpus feel about that."

2 hours ago, bowiespoon said:

Sergei walked over to her. His face was hidden by a balaclava, which we wore an eyepatch over, and even over that he wore a deep hood. All the could be seen of his face was a single, bloodshot eye.

"Depends," he rasped, "You'll find the heavy proxies are generally quarantined to the 1st quadrant. Out here in the 4th quadrant, you'll not see anything larger than a moa. The larger proxies are expensive, and the cold often damages their shield generators. Having to repair them costs money, and you know how the corpus feel about that."

"We have a pretty well-rounded group here, so should we divide into teams? A stealth team to complete the objective and a distraction team to deal with the proxies, perhaps"

3 hours ago, bowiespoon said:

((Two quick announcements: I'm closing the RP for a little while, and the OOC thread is up and running.))

"Just in time!" Vlad called out, beckoning for the rhino to join them.

"Name's Matt."

"Also have two more peeps coming. So we'll just wait for them"

46 minutes ago, Daakjenaar said:

"We have a pretty well-rounded group here, so should we divide into teams? A stealth team to complete the objective and a distraction team to deal with the proxies, perhaps"

"Well first off, I'd love to be with the distraction team, secondly, I think the other two who are joining me could work out for the stealth team"

Kat looked at them before stepping foward. "I could help on the stealth team, while Mordred and Jen would be on the ground team."

Jen nodded, activating her Regulators. "Sounds good to me! I need to take the rust off my guns."

"Very well. However, we'll need Sallymarius' updated info." Mordred looked at the maps afew more times.

|Operator!| Kat raised her hand, as if telling the rest of the people in the room to let her hear. "Yes, Sally?" |I've cross-refferenced the maps and scedules. It appears that there were some updates that were not reported.| Kat looked at the info displaying on her visor before stepping foward. "Vlad, does the path the ground team is planning on taking goes through a sewer, at any point?"

Vlad sighed, and Sergei laughed humorlessly.

"Those maps are out of date," he said in his scratchy voice, "Those were from before that bastard J'Taav was hired by the Corpus to deal with us."

He leaned over the table, staring at each of the tenno with his bloodshot eye.

((On phone atm, probably won't be back for 2-3 hours))

1 hour ago, bowiespoon said:

Vlad sighed, and Sergei laughed humorlessly.

"Those maps are out of date," he said in his scratchy voice, "Those were from before that bastard J'Taav was hired by the Corpus to deal with us."

He leaned over the table, staring at each of the tenno with his bloodshot eye.

((On phone atm, probably won't be back for 2-3 hours))

"I'm a hacker, as well. Get me access. I can get us an updated map"

1 hour ago, Daakjenaar said:

"I'm a hacker, as well. Get me access. I can get us an updated map"

"The maps themselves aren't out of date," Sergei said, "The plans are. Those maps detailed our strategy, back before all of our men were slaughtered."

Edited by bowiespoon

57 minutes ago, bowiespoon said:

Sergei sighed, leaning back off the table.

"What do any of you know about this city?" he rasped

"Aside that there's bucketheads everywhere people drink here like everywhere else~? Zilch~" Aria drawled on the floor.

"...I'm pretty sure charging headfirst blind *isn't* your idea of a rebellion though..." as a flickering hand scratched Aria's helmet. "...do you have a general outline though...?"

1 hour ago, bowiespoon said:

Sergei sighed, leaning back off the table.

"What do any of you know about this city?" he rasped

Kat frowned, not liking Sergei's tone, but she let it slip. "Well, all we know is that this is one of the biggest Corpus outpost in the Origin System. Nothing much more than that."

Jen nodded, deactivating her Regulators and sitting down on a chair. Sekhmet jumped to her lap and lied down, purring softly.

Mordred knelt down next to her, Forseti sitting next to him, taking up a whole lot of space.

Edited by Wolfheart297
Redoing post

25 minutes ago, souldrive11 said:

"Aside that there's bucketheads everywhere people drink here like everywhere else~? Zilch~" Aria drawled on the floor.

"...I'm pretty sure charging headfirst blind *isn't* your idea of a rebellion though..." as a flickering hand scratched Aria's helmet. "...do you have a general outline though...?"

"Unfortunately, we're back to square one. Without an army, we cannot hold this city." Vlad said, rubbing his forehead. He held up a hand before anyone could speak.

"I am aware of the combat skills you tenno possess, but this is one of the caveats I mentioned earlier - until we are in a position where we can usurp control of the city, and maintain that control, I will not let the rebellion commence."

20 minutes ago, Wolfheart297 said:

Kat frowned, not liking Sergei's tone, but she let it slip. "Well, all we know is that this is one of the biggest Corpus outpost in the Origin System. Nothing much more than that."

Jen nodded, deactivating her Regulators and sitting down on a chair. Sekhmet jumped to her lap and lied down, purring softly.

"Also, we've heard reports of an increasing number of proxy patrols. We have reasons to believe that they've recently built an advanced robotics factory, somewhere underground." He turned to Kat. "Mind passing me Sallymarius' intel?" Kat nodded and pressed a button on the side of her helmet. Mordred did the same, then touched the holographic map, showing the sewer system. He then highlighted a few places. "These locations were recently equipped with surveilance cameras and motion sensors. The factory must be around that area. The good news is that it'll be easy to sabotage it..."

((It's generally the job of the DM to do that kind of stuff))

19 minutes ago, Daakjenaar said:

"I just got here. Do you have any targets yet?"

"Just listen, we'll get to that." Sergei said.

1 minute ago, bowiespoon said:

"Unfortunately, we're back to square one. Without an army, we cannot hold this city." Vlad said, rubbing his forehead. He held up a hand before anyone could speak.

"I am aware of the combat skills you tenno possess, but this is one of the caveats I mentioned earlier - until we are in a position where we can usurp control of the city, and maintain that control, I will not let the rebellion commence."

((It's generally the job of the DM to do that kind of stuff))

"Just listen, we'll get to that." Sergei said.

(sorry, got a bit carried away. i'll redo my post)