Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Unthawed Lands (Concluded, IC)

bowiespoon

40 minutes ago, Wolfheart297 said:

Kat frowned, not liking Sergei's tone, but she let it slip. "Well, all we know is that this is one of the biggest Corpus outpost in the Origin System. Nothing much more than that."

Jen nodded, deactivating her Regulators and sitting down on a chair. Sekhmet jumped to her lap and lied down, purring softly.

Mordred knelt down next to her, Forseti sitting next to him, taking up a whole lot of space.

Vlad tapped the map, and the city became divided into four rings.

"Let me explain. In this city, the closer you live to the center - and warmth - the wealthier, or more powerful, you are."

He pointed to the innermost ring.

"This is where the Corpus elite live, and is easily the most heavily guarded area in the city. It is said to be a place of unparalleled beauty, but none of us have ever laid eyes on it. It is also where Aandev - the member of the corpus board who oversees this city - keeps his treasury, it is rumored. Assaulting this place will likely be the final part of our rebellion, and with the armaments of the second ring, hopefully the easiest part."

He tapped this second-innermost ring.

"The second ring is where the corpus relegate their military production, weapon storage's, troop quarters, and dry docks. Ideally, once we take this place, we can turn their weapons and supplies against them."

He pointed between the second and third rings.

"Between these two rings is a massive security checkpoint, designed to keep laborers - and more importantly rebels - out of the inner rings. It is entirely automated, so bribery won't get us through." he looked up, grinning, "Though I am certain you will find a way to get past them."

"The third ring is the slums, where the laborers live. It is a cramped, filthy place where those the corpus consider the dregs of society are cut off from the rest of the system, deprived even of basic sanitation. Disobedient or lazy crewman are assigned to guard here, meaning that crime goes completely unchecked."

Several red splotches appeared on the map.

"These are where established gangs are located, though many of them drained into my army, so I will need to update this map later. Anyway, the last ring is where we are. Technically, it should not exist, but as long as nobody stirs up trouble - and the guards keep receiving hefty bribes, both in credits and in fume - they leave us be. Essentially, it is where rebels and thieving crews set up base, away from prying eyes."

He looked to the tenno surrounding the table.

"Any questions before I continue?"

"Perhaps we can provide recon, as well as help set up the strategic strongholds needed to do just that? All of use are at least somewhat skilled at stealth."

At this point, due to the change in the mission plan, at least to her, she began eyeing the city.

"I see a few buildings that might make for good Combat Outposts."

2 minutes ago, bowiespoon said:

Vlad tapped the map, and the city became divided into four rings.

"Let me explain. In this city, the closer you live to the center - and warmth - the wealthier, or more powerful, you are."

He pointed to the innermost ring.

"This is where the Corpus elite live, and is easily the most heavily guarded area in the city. It is said to be a place of unparalleled beauty, but none of us have ever laid eyes on it. It is also where Aandev - the member of the corpus board who oversees this city - keeps his treasury, it is rumored. Assaulting this place will likely be the final part of our rebellion, and with the armaments of the second ring, hopefully the easiest part."

He tapped this second-innermost ring.

"The second ring is where the corpus relegate their military production, weapon storage's, troop quarters, and dry docks. Ideally, once we take this place, we can turn their weapons and supplies against them."

He pointed between the second and third rings.

"Between these two rings is a massive security checkpoint, designed to keep laborers - and more importantly rebels - out of the inner rings. It is entirely automated, so bribery won't get us through." he looked up, grinning, "Though I am certain you will find a way to get past them."

"The third ring is the slums, where the laborers live. It is a cramped, filthy place where those the corpus consider the dregs of society are cut off from the rest of the system, deprived even of basic sanitation. Disobedient or lazy crewman are assigned to guard here, meaning that crime goes completely unchecked."

Several red splotches appeared on the map.

"These are where established gangs are located, though many of them drained into my army, so I will need to update this map later. Anyway, the last ring is where we are. Technically, it should not exist, but as long as nobody stirs up trouble - and the guards keep receiving hefty bribes, both in credits and in fume - they leave us be. Essentially, it is where rebels and thieving crews set up base, away from prying eyes."

He looked to the tenno surrounding the table.

"Any questions before I continue?"

((Everyone forgot I existed for a few amount of posts back then))

Matt looked at the others, then back at Vlad.

"Whatever we have planned, I'll act as a distraction or just a full on attack."

"Don't care either way, stealth isn't my strong suit"

11 minutes ago, Nocam said:

"Perhaps we can provide recon, as well as help set up the strategic strongholds needed to do just that? All of use are at least somewhat skilled at stealth."

At this point, due to the change in the mission plan, at least to her, she began eyeing the city.

"I see a few buildings that might make for good Combat Outposts."

Kat looked at where the Ivara was pointing and nodded. "Indeed, those do sound good."

Jen was petting Sekhmet, paying attention to the briefing.

Mordred got up and got closer to the table. "Well, Kat here could easily hack us in through that checkpoint. I've seen her hack through a couple of Bursas at the same time. Heck, she even reprogrammed one to be the pet of one of our other crew members."

Just now, Nocam said:

The Ether Daggers came out in a flash.

"Expecting company?"

She'd regretted not bringing the bow, but she nodded to the kavat, who vanished from sight.

Vlad looked around.

"Damn! You go hold the corpus off, while we burn this place - can't afford to let the corpus get their hands on this info."

Kat quickly drew out her Nikana Prime, Skehmet jumping at her feet, growling and hissing. "Make sure you do it quick. It sounds like there's plenty of them outside!"

Mesa pulled out her Vasto Prime, giggleing lowly in excitement. "Yay! Fun!"

Mordred sighed and picked up his Brunt from Forseti's back. "Babe, you should be a bit more calm. And not like shooting things so much." The Brunt shield opened up as his Exalted Blade materialized on his right hand.

7 minutes ago, bowiespoon said:

Vlad looked around.

"Damn! You go hold the corpus off, while we burn this place - can't afford to let the corpus get their hands on this info."

"Grahahaha~! Drinks, brawls and firefights? I'm liking this place already~!" Aria gets up off the floor and  draws her Galatine P from her back, and runs a quick left hand over the rest of her loudout: a back carried Soma P, left hip carried Lex P, and right hip holstered Vasto P. "Since the bucketheads know we're here, I'm guessing you want a 'no survivor' count to report about this~?" the orange and black Gersemi twists her neck around in anticipation.

Sighing, Mia unholsters her Latron P from her back, and telekinetically switches off the safeties on her Akstilleto Ps, alongside an Orthos P slung on her back.

"...exterminating isn't the problem, it's what comes afterwards. do you have a method of reaching us afterwards...?" 

2 hours ago, bowiespoon said:

"I am aware of the combat skills you tenno possess, but this is one of the caveats I mentioned earlier - until we are in a position where we can usurp control of the city, and maintain that control, I will not let the rebellion commence."

"We strike their supply lines, weaken their military forces, and start recruiting."

2 hours ago, souldrive11 said:

"Grahahaha~! Drinks, brawls and firefights? I'm liking this place already~!" Aria gets up off the floor and  draws her Galatine P from her back, and runs a quick left hand over the rest of her loudout: a back carried Soma P, left hip carried Lex P, and right hip holstered Vasto P. "Since the bucketheads know we're here, I'm guessing you want a 'no survivor' count to report about this~?" the orange and black Gersemi twists her neck around in anticipation.

Sighing, Mia unholsters her Latron P from her back, and telekinetically switches off the safeties on her Akstilleto Ps, alongside an Orthos P slung on her back.

"...exterminating isn't the problem, it's what comes afterwards. do you have a method of reaching us afterwards...?" 

"I do, just go!" Vlad yelled, frantically planting explosive charges throughout the room.

1 minute ago, bowiespoon said:

"I do, just go!" Vlad yelled, frantically planting explosive charges throughout the room.

Kat nodded and rushed outside. She sliced through the Corpus soldiers, throwing a few Spira Primes around. She moved with a grace and balance unusual in a Valkyr, as she wielded her Nikana Prime with the Blind Justice style. Sekhmet would match said grace as it'd move between Crewmen and tear off limbs in the blink of an eye.

Jen jumped out and started shooting, giggleing, the Vasto Prime shooting fast, and reloading even faster, to the point it almost seemed like the gun was never running out of shots.

Mordred rushed out, bashing through a whole squad of Corpus using his shield as a battering ram. Forseti did the same before digging it's teeth into a Corpus Crewman's neck.

22 minutes ago, Wolfheart297 said:

Kat nodded and rushed outside. She sliced through the Corpus soldiers, throwing a few Spira Primes around. She moved with a grace and balance unusual in a Valkyr, as she wielded her Nikana Prime with the Blind Justice style. Sekhmet would match said grace as it'd move between Crewmen and tear off limbs in the blink of an eye.

Jen jumped out and started shooting, giggleing, the Vasto Prime shooting fast, and reloading even faster, to the point it almost seemed like the gun was never running out of shots.

Mordred rushed out, bashing through a whole squad of Corpus using his shield as a battering ram. Forseti did the same before digging it's teeth into a Corpus Crewman's neck.

Several of Vlad's men lay dead or dying in pools of blood, their primitive armor rendered useless against energy weapons. Still, those who survived held their ground, flipping up table and using them as flimsy protection against the beams.

Hearing their allies getting mowed down by the tenno, a large group of crewman burst through the door, rushing in.

However, one of their number ran off in the direction of the inner rings.

14 minutes ago, bowiespoon said:

9 minutes ago, Wolfheart297 said:

"HRAGHAHAHAH~! IT'S CLOBBERING TIME~!!!!" Aria leapt out the hidden room and bar into the firefight above. Like a humanoid typhoon, she tore into the Crewmen and Techs, horizontally cleaving entire squads with a continuous vertical spin (Cleaving Whirlwind`s Broken Bull) before jumping into the air, and torquing her entire body into a spinning over head swing on a shuttle (Tempo Royale's Bold Reprise), even splitting a gash on the ground below it. Her Raksa Aegis, ripped through the grunts, tearing limbs off and even tossing a Drover Bursa into a group of Anti-Moas, triggering a massive explosion.

Mia followed suit with several bullet jumps, onto a Prod Crewman's head, and soared high into the air, before gliding back down while unloading a barrage of precise shots at the assault troop's heads, following with a swarm of psychic bolts targeted at as many weak spots as she could sense: knees, elbows, and necks. Her Huras Celeste, was like a knife in the shadows, tearing gashes in soft spots, and crushing necks and heads one instant, before going back into cloak.

2 minutes ago, souldrive11 said:

"HRAGHAHAHAH~! IT'S CLOBBERING TIME~!!!!" Aria leapt out the hidden room and bar into the firefight above. Like a humanoid typhoon, she tore into the Crewmen and Techs, horizontally cleaving entire squads with a continuous vertical spin (Cleaving Whirlwind`s Broken Bull) before jumping into the air, and torquing her entire body into a spinning over head swing on a shuttle (Tempo Royale's Bold Reprise), even splitting a gash on the ground below it. Her Raksa Aegis, ripped through the grunts, tearing limbs off and even tossing a Drover Bursa into a group of Anti-Moas, triggering a massive explosion.

Mia followed suit with several bullet jumps, onto a Prod Crewman's head, and soared high into the air, before gliding back down while unloading a barrage of precise shots at the assault troop's heads, following with a swarm of psychic bolts targeted at as many weak spots as she could sense: knees, elbows, and necks. Her Huras Celeste, was like a knife in the shadows, tearing gashes in soft spots, and crushing necks and heads one instant, before going back into cloak.

The Constable froze mid-step. He knew that voice.

Chuckling slightly, he turned back around and watched the bar from a distance, almost pitying the crewman.

3 minutes ago, bowiespoon said:

However, one of their number ran off in the direction of the inner rings.

"Too slow."

Ivara fired a Sleep Arrow just in front of him, charging after him as fast as she could, bullet jumping to land on top of him, knocking him to the ground.

"Just where do you think you;re going?"

((I see a replay went up as I was typng. If it inviolves dude running away, my bad.))

Just now, Nocam said:

"Too slow."

Ivara fired a Sleep Arrow just in front of him, charging after him as fast as she could, bullet jumping to land on top of him, knocking him to the ground.

((I see a replay went up as I was typng. If it inviolves dude running away, my bad.))

((Nope, you're good!))

32 minutes ago, Nocam said:

"Too slow."

The crewman was jolted awake by the bulletjump that send him flying into the ground, and looked up at the ivara, terror in his eyes.

"Please...." he whimpered.

Just now, bowiespoon said:

The crewman was jolted awake by the bulletjump that send him flying into the ground, and looked up at the ivara, terror in his eyes.

"Please...." he whimpered.

She drew a single dagger and held it with a dainty grip.

"Well, you see, I'm feeling merciful...to those who give me good reason."

Her voice was still soft and low. She let her sense expand, to keep an eye on the area around her, knowing where everyone around her was 

((Passive ability, trying to translate it into RP format))

11 minutes ago, Nocam said:

She drew a single dagger and held it with a dainty grip.

"Well, you see, I'm feeling merciful...to those who give me good reason."

Her voice was still soft and low. She let her sense expand, to keep an eye on the area around her, knowing where everyone around her was 

((Passive ability, trying to translate it into RP format))

"I...... uhh...... what do you want!? I'll tell you anything, just don't hurt me!" the crewman begged.

((Gotcha.))

A man was some distance away, but he seemed to be watching the fight, rather than her.