Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Unthawed Lands (Concluded, IC)

bowiespoon

8 hours ago, bowiespoon said:

"I...... uhh...... what do you want!? I'll tell you anything, just don't hurt me!" the crewman begged.

"You ran, which is fine, but you were running into the inner rings. Which would be bad if you were the wrong kind of person. So...why were you running into the city?"

The Smeeta Kavat was stealthily approaching the watching man, ready to pounce if he tried to attack it's companion or if he started running the same direction as the city proper.

Kat took a couple of hits before taking down a Corpus Tech. The HUD on her helmet's visor was showing low shield levels. She brushed it off before gripping the hilt of the Nikana tightly. "Jen, Mordred, duck!" She then flung the sword in a circular motion, making it spin around her like a Glaive. She then grabbed the hilt again and slowly sheathed it. As soon as sword guard and sheath made contact, the enemies sliced by the Nikana fell to the floor.

Jen barely dodged the Nikana blade, as she was too concentrated in shooting down the Crewmen.

Mordred used his Brunt to deflect the blade back to Kat, allowing a full circle to be done around her by the blade. He then Slash Dashed through a whole squad before bashing another few with his shield.

The rhino begun punching a corpus tech in the face multiple times before turning to the others.

"Forgot to introduce myself. I'm Matt. The Loki is Caver and the nova's Mayya. What about you guys?"

Caver begun slashing the corpus with his dagger, while Mayya stood back still.

Edited by crimsonspartan1

7 hours ago, Daakjenaar said:

Tarnas pulled the trigger on his redeemer, blowing the crewman's guts everywhere. He turned around and held a tigris to the head of another crewman

A Corpus tech fired at Tarnas, unconcerned that he was firing through another crewman to do so.

8 hours ago, Nocam said:

"You ran, which is fine, but you were running into the inner rings. Which would be bad if you were the wrong kind of person. So...why were you running into the city?"

The Smeeta Kavat was stealthily approaching the watching man, ready to pounce if he tried to attack it's companion or if he started running the same direction as the city proper.

"I-I... uhh.... I.." the crewman tried to stammer something out, but was to frightened to say anything coherent.

7 hours ago, Wolfheart297 said:

Kat took a couple of hits before taking down a Corpus Tech. The HUD on her helmet's visor was showing low shield levels. She brushed it off before gripping the hilt of the Nikana tightly. "Jen, Mordred, duck!" She then flung the sword in a circular motion, making it spin around her like a Glaive. She then grabbed the hilt again and slowly sheathed it. As soon as sword guard and sheath made contact, the enemies sliced by the Nikana fell to the floor.

Jen barely dodged the Nikana blade, as she was too concentrated in shooting down the Crewmen.

Mordred used his Brunt to deflect the blade back to Kat, allowing a full circle to be done around her by the blade. He then Slash Dashed through a whole squad before bashing another few with his shield.

The Corpus numbers were starting to thin, but the remaining enemies held their ground. Vlad's men, sensing that the tide of battle was turning, started fighting more aggressively.

7 hours ago, crimsonspartan1 said:

The rhino begun punching a corpus tech in the face multiple times before turning to the others.

"Forgot to introduce myself. I'm Matt. The Loki is Caver and the nova's Mayya. What about you guys?"

Caver begun slashing the corpus with his dagger, while Mayya stood back still.

((Does anyone mind interacting with my OCs or anything? Kinda feel left in the dust here as Bowe appears to be the only guy who has actually responded to my posts earlier))

Matt and Caver kept on taking down the incoming corpus units.

31 minutes ago, crimsonspartan1 said:

((Does anyone mind interacting with my OCs or anything? Kinda feel left in the dust here as Bowe appears to be the only guy who has actually responded to my posts earlier))

((The sheer number of people and characters does make it difficult. But in my defense, I'm away from the fight.))

"I'm not in the mindset of senseless slaughter. I believe in mercy...for the right reasons..."

3 minutes ago, Nocam said:

((The sheer number of people and characters does make it difficult. But in my defense, I'm away from the fight.))

"I'm not in the mindset of senseless slaughter. I believe in mercy...for the right reasons..."

((Makes sense I suppose. Especially when the OCs are bundled up))

"It ain't really senseless slaughter if they're trying to kill you first"

1 minute ago, crimsonspartan1 said:

((Makes sense I suppose. Especially when the OCs are bundled up))

"It ain't really senseless slaughter if they're trying to kill you first"

"This one wasn't fighting. He started running into the city. I merely want to know why he began running. Because secrecy is paramount."

She crouched down, but kept the dagger away from the man, though she was ready to strike if he got froggy.

"I won't kill you, even if you were trying to rat. But I will have you detained."

In the past, she would have killed him and been done. But spending time with her partner, an Oberon, she'd learned to have a sense of mercy...kind of.

Kat jumped back, sheathing her sword, catching her breath from the constant fighting. While the remaining Crewmen were picking up the fight, Vlad's men were also fighting with a renewed morale, giving her enough time to recover and let her shields recharge.

Jen kept shooting, the bullets flying one after the other, as she wielded the revolver like it was a machine pistol.

Mordred kept bashing through the Crewmen, sutaining some damage, but remaining unphased. Forseti, with Sekhmet on it's back, was also rushing foward, with the Kavat acting as a mounted assaulter.

39 minutes ago, Nocam said:

"This one wasn't fighting. He started running into the city. I merely want to know why he began running. Because secrecy is paramount."

She crouched down, but kept the dagger away from the man, though she was ready to strike if he got froggy.

"I won't kill you, even if you were trying to rat. But I will have you detained."

In the past, she would have killed him and been done. But spending time with her partner, an Oberon, she'd learned to have a sense of mercy...kind of.

"Understood"

Matt soon returns to taking down the incoming corpus units.

((I'm off to sleep))

((Night))

On 9/22/2016 at 10:11 PM, bowiespoon said:

The Constable froze mid-step. He knew that voice.

Chuckling slightly, he turned back around and watched the bar from a distance, almost pitying the crewman.

Aria jammed her arms into the ground, and a short moment after, grunts everywhere began to disappear from sight, being dragged under by the Valkyr's riplines, with only their sudden muffled screams and the holes in the ground the only signs that they were there previously. Mia meanwhile, had taken up a perch on a nearby building, picking off stragglers who were unfortunate enough to be within Aria's area with unerring aim with her Latron P never letting her cloak drop, with Celeste watching her 6 o'clock; already having taken down four more prova crewmen.

Edited by souldrive11

5 hours ago, Nocam said:

The Corpus's eyes widened, and he started to point at something behind the Ivara. A second later, a large obsidian knife flew into his skull.

5 hours ago, Wolfheart297 said:

Kat jumped back, sheathing her sword, catching her breath from the constant fighting. While the remaining Crewmen were picking up the fight, Vlad's men were also fighting with a renewed morale, giving her enough time to recover and let her shields recharge.

Jen kept shooting, the bullets flying one after the other, as she wielded the revolver like it was a machine pistol.

Mordred kept bashing through the Crewmen, sutaining some damage, but remaining unphased. Forseti, with Sekhmet on it's back, was also rushing foward, with the Kavat acting as a mounted assaulter.

The Corpus broke, each fleeing in a different direction.

"Damn," one of the rebels growled, "We can't afford to let any of them get word back to their command!"

7 minutes ago, bowiespoon said:

The Corpus's eyes widened, and he started to point at something behind the Ivara. A second later, a large obsidian knife flew into his skull.

Ivara turned, dagger replaced with an Artemis bow that fired five arrows in the direction of the dagger's source.

18 minutes ago, Nocam said:

She focused for a moment before firing a Sleep Arrow, using Navigate to take direct control of it, using it to scout the area out faster than she coudl move. The plan was to put the culprit to sleep.

At first, finding the culprit seemed fruitless, however, just before the Navigate ended, something moved in the corner of her vision, vanishing as swiftly as it had arrived.