Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

ENDO farming nerfed?

-AncientWarrior-

Question

Hey all,

We  were at our usually endo farming spot, we usually get 2k-3k endo per 15-20 waves and today its like 300 at 15 wave, we tried it 3 times and stuff all endo .. Anyone read about the endo being nerfed at all?  Any link to info would be appreciated as i have searched but havent found any info on the update reflecting endo drops.

cheers

14 minutes ago, LSG501 said:

and having a second account at MR11 (that's not new player is it...) isn't the same, no matter what you try to say, you already have experience in the game which makes a huge difference. 

Absolutely.  I will never be a new player again.  I know exactly what frames I like, what weapons are good, what mods matter and optimal ways to farm stuff.  None of that means I don't have to work just as hard to rank up my serration as every body else be they new player, casual player or long time vet.

It also means I'm acutely aware of the impact of not having every single mod in the game max rank.  Because I play every day in that environment. 

The big picture you claimed I don't see is that this game requires progression and goals.  You want fast, easy progression.  I want a slower challenge that engages me for a lot longer.  What is the number one thing a player of a grind game does when they have all the things?  They stop playing.

Why do you think so many vets are moaning there is no end game?  How many threads do we need saying 'all I do any more is log in once a day'?

14 minutes ago, LSG501 said:

just because you think everything is fine doesn't mean that is the situation for other players

Just because you think the sky is falling doesn't make that so either.

Edited by (PS4)Agent_CHAR

2 hours ago, LSG501 said:

if you say so.... you clearly aren't going to accept that there is a need to balance the game for newer (and old) players because of your git gut attitude (I'm sorry but it is).  The simple fact it the game is currently being nerfed into a grind fest and just because you think everything is fine doesn't mean that is the situation for other players, and having a second account at MR11 (that's not new player is it...) isn't the same, no matter what you try to say, you already have experience in the game which makes a huge difference. 

Let me ask you a question.. how long do you think you need in game to get all the weapons, warframes, unlock all planets, etc.?

I've been playing 300+ hours and am not even close.. I don't think of this game as a 'grindfest', but rather a fantastic coop shooter which happens to have lots and lots of very long term goals.

From what I can tell the entire intention behind this game is to give players lots to do while they are having a blast shooting stuff.  To me, DE have nailed that description to a tee.

It was apparent that this was the design philosophy of this game 2.5 years ago when I started.  Long before the nerfs you are complaining about.

If you have a problem with this type of 'grindfest' game (as you call it), why do you play?  I'm not being facetious or sarcastic, I'm honestly curious!

Edited by goatMissileAlpha

50 minutes ago, goatMissileAlpha said:

Let me ask you a question.. how long do you think you need in game to get all the weapons, warframes, unlock all planets, etc.?

I've been playing 300+ hours and am not even close.. I don't think of this game as a 'grindfest', but rather a fantastic coop shooter which happens to have lots and lots of very long term goals.

From what I can tell the entire intention behind this game is to give players lots to do while they are having a blast shooting stuff.  To me, DE have nailed that description to a tee.

It was apparent that this was the design philosophy of this game 2.5 years ago when I started.  Long before the nerfs you are complaining about.

If you have a problem with this type of 'grindfest' game (as you call it), why do you play?  I'm not being facetious or sarcastic, I'm honestly curious!

Well first off I like killing stuff in the game and fundamentally do enjoy this part of the game even though this needs some balancing too... see balance again. 

Second I like playing with new things in the game (new warframes, new weapons etc), actually I probably enjoy that part more because using the same stuff gets stale after a while and you could argue it's the whole concept behind mods too.  However to get the new things we need to go through the necessity of getting materials to build them/level up (no issue with this concept just the amount of farming needed) and often as not that means going to specific planets to get said materials.  This then stops you from playing on the levels you want to be on for 'progress' or if you want a harder challenge. 

I've also never said make it so easy that you can do everything in a day (although I do think the number of free warframe/weapon slots are a bit stingy), I've been saying this nerf is just too much for any real progression for the new or casual player, it's fine if you want to spend all day playing the game but I (and many others I would guess) don't want to have to spend hours each day specifically going after resources just to get the next item we want, it shouldn't be about getting resources, it should be about playing the levels and killing the enemies etc.  Not to mention it's basically pushing us to use carrier to ensure we get it all.... even though they want us to use other companions....  If I wanted to do a game focusing on farming items I could do something like farmville.

With the last update it basically seems like they 'replaced' endo drops with ayatan sculptures/stars but they need money (stupidly high in most cases for amount of endo) to convert and so this introduced another element to grinding the game as you need more money to convert it and it's not like the credit rewards are that good on most levels. 

And you've just proved my point about it being too grind focused, especially when the dev's are supposedly saying they're trying to reduce the grind.  If you can't get through a majority of the items in the game in 2.5 YEARS when there wasn't a nerf just think how long it's going to take new players now there is a nerf.... ultimately I like the game but the balance of acquiring resources etc need to be improved.

Its really interesting.. I don't have an issue with the time I've committed only getting me so far.. the mechanics of the game keep me going for sure.. 

I, like you, enjoy messing with the new stuff.. and because I tend to take my time in missions going through lockers and such, I tend to be knee deep in quite a few materials to make items.. The amount of low level materials I have is just silly.. and even some of the more difficult to build stuff (like Fieldrons and Detonite Injectors) are easily gotten from Invasions.  

Glad you enjoy the game.. was just curious about the grind aspect you mentioned..  My take is that quite a few players don't want a game cycle that lasts 1000 hours to finish the game.. even though that has really been present since day 1 of warframe (at least it was present when I started).  I say that because many folks call this game 'grindy'.. which to me is a code word meaning 'I can't finish the game in a reasonable period of time'.  I've seen the same complaints about Korean MMOs which can take 1000s of hours to finish.. but for those games there is no overriding gameplay intensity to make up for the repetitive nature of the game (to me, surviving in a very tough environment in a shooter makes up for the repetitive aspect of the modding/crafting system).  

Really, the fun is in the playing, and the progression is just fun sub-goals that keep it fresh, but still require work to get there.. I like strategy games, especially turn based ones, so figuring out how to get things done is just another aspect of that type of gaming to me.

I actually kinda like the somewhat endless nature of it.. to me its more about the journey (shooting) than the destination ('beating the game').  Probably why I'm still here after 300+ hours.

Shooters are to me an endless process of always improving your aim/situational awareness/tactical awareness.  I've played them a lot over the years.. this game is in such a sweet spot for me.. Some strategy required, good tactics required, smooth shooting mechanics... and lots of toys to build.

Edited by goatMissileAlpha

38 minutes ago, goatMissileAlpha said:

I, like you, enjoy messing with the new stuff.. and because I tend to take my time in missions going through lockers and such, I tend to be knee deep in quite a few materials to make items.. The amount of low level materials I have is just silly.. and even some of the more difficult to build stuff (like Fieldrons and Detonite Injectors) are easily gotten from Invasions.  

Thats part of the problem why we have too much grind and it's like usual down to the way it's been poorly balanced on the planets(topic was raised in devstream about a month ago but nothing's really happened).  Due to the way the balance is you can get more than you'll ever need of some items, which aren't used much, really easily and then there are other items that you need lots of which are a constant source of grind to get hold of or need an alert (nitain) or to be collected exactly when you want them (argon crystals).  Even extractors have a heavy weighting to the low grade stuff that it's almost not worth using them. 

38 minutes ago, goatMissileAlpha said:

Really, the fun is in the playing, and the progression is just fun sub-goals that keep it fresh, but still require work to get there.. I like strategy games, especially turn based ones, so figuring out how to get things done is just another aspect of that type of gaming to me.

Shooters are to me an endless process of always improving your aim/situational awareness/tactical awareness.  I've played them a lot over the years.. this game is in such a sweet spot for me.. Some strategy required, good tactics required, smooth shooting mechanics... and lots of toys to build.

Which is something we all like to do I would guess but if you're needing to get more resources you're not always able to do this because you're 'forced' to go to the places with the highest droprates. 

32 minutes ago, LSG501 said:

Thats part of the problem why we have too much grind and it's like usual down to the way it's been poorly balanced on the planets(topic was raised in devstream about a month ago but nothing's really happened).  Due to the way the balance is you can get more than you'll ever need of some items, which aren't used much, really easily and then there are other items that you need lots of which are a constant source of grind to get hold of or need an alert (nitain) or to be collected exactly when you want them (argon crystals).  Even extractors have a heavy weighting to the low grade stuff that it's almost not worth using them. 

Which is something we all like to do I would guess but if you're needing to get more resources you're not always able to do this because you're 'forced' to go to the places with the highest droprates. 

I don't find the massive drops useless.. I convert them to endo.  

And I don't generally have an issue with crafting materials..  

Credits is kinda funny.. its all about dark sector defense.  Might be nice if there were a few more options to get big payouts on missions.. but honestly, it ain't a complaint.. just a comment.