Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mesa build

(PSN)Deception_Pharo

Question

Hello Tenno,

I'm looking for a Mesa build and pistol build, I'm using the dual toxocyst due to the buff also augments her peacemaker as long as it's channeled.

I'm looking for her peacemaker build. Also is energy conversion worth using on her?

Any suggestions are contemplated for my build.

My gratitude.

Edited by (PS4)Deception_Pharo
Added more info

5 answers to this question

It would all depend on the style of mission, really.

For Defenses, build for Peacemaker all day, especially if you're on a tileset where enemies have to funnel in through one particular path, like on Sechura.

Efficiency and Power

For most other missions, you want to build primarily for her other abilities, so a good amount of Duration will be desirable.

That's just been from my experience with Mesa, which granted isn't much, but I hope this was helpful

My general Mesa build:

Ug66JTw.jpg

Stretch is up to you, I like the little bit of minimum field I get for focus fire on Peacemaker. The lower range is for using Lasso as an ant-melee CC and not a general CC since Melee is what can actually hurt Mesa. Exilus is up to you.

rgPLSQl.jpg

I just use AkStiletto Prime for her Secondary, Toxoyst have the innate buff. But I like that Akstiletto are actually a good weapon outside of peacemaker when Toxoyst are rather crappy weapons otherwise. I clocked Peacmaker at 200-300k DPS, everything vaporizes anyways.

I don't think energy Conversion is really worth it for her Peacmaker setup outside Defense Missions. You have drop Peacemaker to move and converse energy and you have to rebuff.  For Defense it might work ok, I've never really tried it but it would heavily depend on the tileset I think since sometimes you want the wide angle and have to re-cast often while others you're fine with the small angle.

6 hours ago, Xzorn said:

My general Mesa build:

Ug66JTw.jpg

Stretch is up to you, I like the little bit of minimum field I get for focus fire on Peacemaker. The lower range is for using Lasso as an ant-melee CC and not a general CC since Melee is what can actually hurt Mesa. Exilus is up to you.

rgPLSQl.jpg

I just use AkStiletto Prime for her Secondary, Toxoyst have the innate buff. But I like that Akstiletto are actually a good weapon outside of peacemaker when Toxoyst are rather crappy weapons otherwise. I clocked Peacmaker at 200-300k DPS, everything vaporizes anyways.

I don't think energy Conversion is really worth it for her Peacmaker setup outside Defense Missions. You have drop Peacemaker to move and converse energy and you have to rebuff.  For Defense it might work ok, I've never really tried it but it would heavily depend on the tileset I think since sometimes you want the wide angle and have to re-cast often while others you're fine with the small angle.

The build above for the pistol is the top DPS you can get. Mesa 2 and 3 are also good for CC and survivability, you should also consider those.

Is it is just Peacemaker you are worried about, hit the energy drain cap ( Efiiciency and duration) and squeeze power strengh in.

v4UTJBF.png

Corrosive Projection- Because if the team isn't running 4 of these then you're doing it wrong. It is possible to swap this out with something Energy Siphon or whatever else every once in a while but generally not even worth it. Just leave it on Corrosive Projection.

Primed Flow- Because you just want that energy pool for your energy restores and your Rage + Quick Thinking. It is possible to swap this out with the Streamline and put in Intensify. Or to remove this and throw in Stretch. That's if you have tons of energy restores, your Trinity is on point with EVs, and/or you just can manage your energy that well without worrying about it being at 150.

Primed Continuity- For your 2 and 3.

Quick Thinking + Rage- I don't care who you are. There are often enough things flying around in this game and bombard explosions on terrain or random melee enemies coming up behind you that you need this combination to keep you alive. You know how much damage Mesa can output with Peacemaker. Guess what you're not doing if you're lying on the ground. If you manage your energy well, if your Trinity can keep dumpin EV on you, this will make you almost immortal in a lot of situations. You need to run this. The only reason to not run this is if you're doing low level content (that is, stuff below level 80) all the time. Then yeah, you don't need this. Swap them out for a Stretch and Intensify or something. But if you're even thinking about going higher then you need this. Barring that your Frost is not the most awesome Frost in the world and is spamming his Snow Globe and your allies are watching your back all the time.

Transient Fortitude- The power strength gained is worth the duration lost here. Check the numbers with Intensify and with Transient Fortitude. I find it worthwhile for your 2 and 3. If you don't like it swap this with Intensify for longer duration on 2 and 3 but less power overall.

Fleeting Expertise (4) + Streamline (4)- This gives you max efficiency while saving yourself from having to max both and losing out on more duration for no reason. It is not worth it to me to run it the other way that some people like. 3 Fleeting Expertise and maxed Streamline for 70% efficiency. The extra duration is not worth that extra power usage for her 2 and 3 and 4 activation. Even though 4's sustain is still 3.75.

Narrow Minded- To increase duration on your 2 and 3. Without this, your 3 is at about 20 seconds VS 44 seconds. That difference is huge. Especially since 3 is the skill that lets you live. If your 3 goes down, you go down. If you're having to recast it every 20 seconds you drop your DPS for about 3 seconds at the best to recast 3 and enter Peacemaker again. Not to mention you burn through your energy much faster. If you've got energy restorations stacked from Earth to Pluto and back and you don't mind using more energy, or your Trinity is on point, then yeah, might not be an issue too much. But for me where I solo and solo carry a lot of missions, this is an issue to me. So I take the FoV loss on 4 and use this for 3 duration.

Power Drift- Mainly just for the increased power strength. The knockdown resistance does help from time to time. You can swap this out with Handspring if you feel you must. Or Cunning Drift for a little larger minimum FoV and be a little more slippery when moving from spot to spot and sliding around. Not worth the power strength loss in my opinion. Handspring can be worth it but generally, with 4 making you mostly immune to those kinds of cc and the knockdown resistance already, Handspring is overshadowed, especially since Power Drift also gives a little bit of power.

I have seen builds on the Warframe builder site that are rated quite highly. And then I look at them and their 3 costs 70 energy and lasts for 25 seconds. That's simply not sustainable and you're spending so much time working around that that you're not spending enough time looking for ways to optimize Peacemaker damage output. Not to mention their Peacemakers cost 20+ at each activation. This is fine overall if you intend to activate it once and sit under a Frost Shield forever or something and just spam energy restores, etcetc. But for any mission that requires a lot of movement (yeah, most of them), this is detrimental to your damage output. Because you bullet jump from place to place, press 4, and you do it a few times with one or two 3 activations only to find yourself out of energy. With max efficiency build like mine's you can do this for so much longer. And if you're worried about damage output, with just the 70% power strength that I have I can shred 130 bombards and whatnot. That should be more than enough power strength for whatever uses you have for her Peacemaker.

For running MOST things, you never need your 2. Your 4 on its own with your weapon will be enough. You need to keep 3 up at all times and you use 4 to obliterate anything that isn't an objective target (capture target, Lephantis) or a nullifier. Use your regular weapons for some other niche target. But you can bullet jump, 4, left click and spin around the room. Deactivate 4. Bullet jump and run along until another group of enemies, and repeat. All the while keeping your 3 up. Unless they are doing something like a Mirage Synoid spamming or Equinox blasting, or Ember clearing low level stuff, you will clear and progress faster than almost anything else through the general missions doing this as Mesa.

Also, the only other thing I can add is that lhbuch has the secondary mods. But also you should consider 60/60 in place of the two 90 mods. And consider Viral proc. You will kill most everything fast either way. *shrugs*

I'm still testing out Gunslinger in place of one the element mods and using Primed Heated Charge + Whatever to be my elementals. Not sure how I like it yet.