The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Primed Theif's Wit

Laidain

Instead of it giving +42 loot radar at max rank it will instead give a +21 meter range for RARE ITEMS.You know for syndicate emblems,caches,ayatan sculptures,ayatan stars,etc.It will only highlight rare items not common loot containers. So bad idea for a primed mod?I honestly think this would be a good primed mod for baro to sell. 

Honestly stuff like syndicate items, and now ayatan stars, should have a different icon on minimaps, it's a little silly that I have to ignis containers through doors and see which icons don't change to actually room check for syndicates without actually stepping in one.

19 minutes ago, (PS4)Regiampiero said:

It would be nice, but I don't see it happening. DE has clearly stated they don't want to make rare item drops easy to find with a radar. 

Which begs the question why bother giving us loot dar to begin with if it's just gonna reveal the stuff a vacuum can pull so easily >_>.  On the vacuum note it's just stupid to nerf one sentinel to make the others look better it's literally the same as taking a Ferrari, remodeling it into a VW Beetle complete with HP and then saying that said abomination was a wise decision for anybody involved.

Edited by Irorone

Just now, Skaleek said:

DE tends to shy away from anything that decreases grind. Your mod concept decreases grind by virtue of filtering out crap we dont want.

lol,id considered the mod more of a side-grade to to the regular thief's wit.You gain double the range of primed theifs wit but it shows all containers. You know it still kinda made thief's wit more useful.Even if its 21 meters you still have to search.Maybe if the range goes down to 10.5 meters,is that still too much in reducing the grind?

3 hours ago, Pratigious said:

Instead of it giving +42 loot radar at max rank it will instead give a +21 meter range for RARE ITEMS.You know for syndicate emblems,caches,ayatan sculptures,ayatan stars,etc.It will only highlight rare items not common loot containers. So bad idea for a primed mod?I honestly think this would be a good primed mod for baro to sell. 

No, because a "one mod fix" is exactly one of the current biggest problems in this game.

Shotguns don't do enough Damage? Here is Primed point Blank. Energy Problems? Here is Primed Flow.

... you want to see loot further?

Then equip Loot Detector Aura AND Thief's Wit and get 72 meters. Need more Range? Give your Sentinel Animal Instinct, and get 102 meters. You really need to see further??? Then get all your mates to stack Loot Detector, and you will see loot OFF THE MAP at 192 meters.

THAT is how it's supposed to work. You lose something (mods slots to other combat mods) and gain something else (a Loot Finder Build).

Edited by DSpite

Just now, Epsik-kun said:

"...oh, BOY, by HAVING my team gimp THEIR builds, I can see A loot crate WITH 72 credits whenever it IS!!!"

So what you suggest, is that instead of using the tools we already have, we just keep complaining to DE until they just turn the game into whack-a-mole.

I guess that would be why you complained that your Excalibur Wave Gun game play was "nerfed". All I see is the game working as intended.

You want something in game? Make a build for it. Just because you don't want to, it does not makes it DE's problem. Learn to adapt.

Potential issues for that mod, clogging the map with color blobs making it confusing.     Then of course color blind people having issues seeing them at all if the wrong colors are used.  I woud say shapes might be better. A Star for stars, Box for a Cache, Triangle for a Medallion.     Though, this kinda ruins exploring as well.   So tough call.

Max range Nyx and radar, pop an absorb, watch map while doing it.  Most of whats on the mini map will get hit.   Stars, Caches and Syndicate medallions stay.   Others will disappear or slightly move when the crate is broken.    Though. I have noticed the new resource items don't always break if insufficient damage is given by the absorb.    .  

On 9/23/2016 at 5:03 PM, Irorone said:

Which begs the question why bother giving us loot dar to begin with if it's just gonna reveal the stuff a vacuum can pull so easily >_>.  On the vacuum note it's just stupid to nerf one sentinel to make the others look better it's literally the same as taking a Ferrari, remodeling it into a VW Beetle complete with HP and then saying that said abomination was a wise decision for anybody involved.

Because loot radar lets you know where there's canisters to brake, or if there's any hidden rooms. Its meant to be more of a time saver when you know there's a secret room there, but you don't see anything on radar and so you move on. Or in the Void/Derelict it will let you know if there's a reinforced canister/mod-canister hiding behind a wall, so that you know when to waste time ground slamming and when not to. 

13 hours ago, (PS4)Regiampiero said:

Because loot radar lets you know where there's canisters to brake, or if there's any hidden rooms. Its meant to be more of a time saver when you know there's a secret room there, but you don't see anything on radar and so you move on. Or in the Void/Derelict it will let you know if there's a reinforced canister/mod-canister hiding behind a wall, so that you know when to waste time ground slamming and when not to. 

So sacrifice a mod slot to literally save maybe two minutes of groundslams etc. on material and containers that for most veteran players aren't even worth breaking, gotcha.

9 hours ago, Irorone said:

So sacrifice a mod slot to literally save maybe two minutes of groundslams etc. on material and containers that for most veteran players aren't even worth breaking, gotcha.

That's why its a common mod. Its meant to be used by new players in order to accumulate more loot at the beginning of the game. If you have no use for anymore, take it off. 

1 hour ago, (PS4)Regiampiero said:

That's why its a common mod. Its meant to be used by new players in order to accumulate more loot at the beginning of the game. If you have no use for anymore, take it off. 

You know what else are common mods?  Redirection, vitality, pressure point, etc. meaning rarity has nothing to do with it being it limited to "new players".

34 minutes ago, Irorone said:

You know what else are common mods?  Redirection, vitality, pressure point, etc. meaning rarity has nothing to do with it being it limited to "new players".

Huh? Of course it does. Without those mods how's a new player expected to progress? Common means (to me) necessary at the beginning, whereas Rare means fine tuning and endgame. 

4 hours ago, (PS4)Regiampiero said:

2 hours ago, (PS4)Regiampiero said:

Huh? Of course it does. Without those mods how's a new player expected to progress? Common means (to me) necessary at the beginning, whereas Rare means fine tuning and endgame. 

The point is that what it does is lacking given the types of loot.  We have different symbols for mods and endo, yet we don't have different symbols for anything ayatan or syndicate related.

41 minutes ago, Irorone said:

The point is that what it does is lacking given the types of loot.  We have different symbols for mods and endo, yet we don't have different symbols for anything ayatan or syndicate related.

the reason why we have different symbols for Mods and Endo, is because those effect the core of the game, and because you can't always rely on blueberries to let you know something good dropped. Treasures and medallions are not necessary and are meant to give you a second goal in a mission that wasn't there before, so it would make no sense if there was a mod that would identify them without you really looking for them. It would be like going on a treasure hunt with your friends with GPS coordinates of the treasure. There needs to be some sort of mystery and ambiguity in the system, and if you would change the loot detector mods to highlight treasure it would defeat the whole purpose of treasures being headed. 

The only thing I would suggest to be headed to make finding those unmarked items fun and interactive, would be a innate ability for Kubrows to smell the first one you get and if you get with in a certain X range the Kubrow would get into point position. The more you get during the course of the mission the larger the X radius would get, therefore it would be a product of collaboration between you and your companion. This would also be an interesting mechanic. 

Edited by (PS4)Regiampiero
Grammar, grammar, grammar.

8 hours ago, (PS4)Regiampiero said:

the reason why we have different symbols for Mods and Endo, is because those effect the core of the game, and because you can't always rely on blueberries to let you know something good dropped. Treasures and medallions are not necessary and are meant to give you a second goal in a mission that wasn't there before, so it would make no sense if there was a mod that would identify them without you really looking for them. It would be like going on a treasure hunt with your friends with GPS coordinates of the treasure. There needs to be some sort of mystery and ambiguity in the system, and if you would change the loot detector mods to highlight treasure it would defeat the whole purpose of treasures being headed. 

The only thing I would suggest to be headed to make finding those unmarked items fun and interactive, would be a innate ability for Kubrows to smell the first one you get and if you get with in a certain X range the Kubrow would get into point position. The more you get during the course of the mission the larger the X radius would get, therefore it would be a product of collaboration between you and your companion. This would also be an interesting mechanic. 

So affinity isn't core to the game?  Currency to purchase some of the most powerful weapons in the game aren't core?  Speaking of GPS coordinates to treasure, sounds like you haven't done a Maroo ayatan hunt yet because they literally put a big yellow objective marker on that sucker.  It doesn't make sense to have different icons for some types of items (endo and mods) and then give EVERYTHING else the same icon (affinity, syndicates, credits, materials etc.)

7 minutes ago, Irorone said:

So affinity isn't core to the game?  Currency to purchase some of the most powerful weapons in the game aren't core?  Speaking of GPS coordinates to treasure, sounds like you haven't done a Maroo ayatan hunt yet because they literally put a big yellow objective marker on that sucker.  It doesn't make sense to have different icons for some types of items (endo and mods) and then give EVERYTHING else the same icon (affinity, syndicates, credits, materials etc.)

Well technically some of them do have different markers on mini map but only when you press "G" or whatever your marker button is. They are all the same cause, this is just my guess, they arent "identified" yet when you see them and mark them they show up differently on the map atleast for the stars i didnt pay much attention to everything else but resources got upgraded and they show what you marked.

2 minutes ago, Omnipower said:

Well technically some of them do have different markers on mini map but only when you press "G" or whatever your marker button is. They are all the same cause, this is just my guess, they arent "identified" yet when you see them and mark them they show up differently on the map atleast for the stars i didnt pay much attention to everything else but resources got upgraded and they show what you marked.

Yes but considering we're talking about loot radar those are the icons I'm going off of.

5 minutes ago, Irorone said:

Yes but considering we're talking about loot radar those are the icons I'm going off of.

Oh then in that case cause of the sheer amount of loot that is usually on the map especially after a mass massacre you wouldnt be able to tell icon from icon when all of them overlapping so they probably just thought it would just be fine leaving them with all same icon instead, again this is only my guess, also they would have to most likely make a priority system on what goes on top which is probably a hassle then it really needs to be cause if im not mistaken endo always on top unless someone marks something on map near loot then thats on top.

Edited by Omnipower
sleepy errors being made x.x