Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A simple QoL change for lockers (and other interactions)

AdunSaveMe

Let us interact with them while facing to the side instead of facing them directly. Yep, that's it.

Currently to open a lot of lockers in a row you have to walk across, do a little dance to face it and open it, then walk along again, do another little jig, and so on. Allowing us to open it without facing it directly would be a very nice little change to smooth things along.

Eh, I'd rather not. 

My control layout has no reload key, it cannot fit, and is instead replaced by the context key. I already have enough trouble activating things I don't want to activate in missions, namely Life Support. I don't want to be running around near lockers and get 'priority key blocked'. 

I like to keep the usage of an object as a conscious choice.

Just now, (PS4)IIIDevoidIII said:

Eh, I'd rather not. 

My control layout has no reload key, it cannot fit, and is instead replaced by the context key. I already have enough trouble activating things I don't want to activate in missions, namely Life Support. I don't want to be running around near lockers and get 'priority key blocked'. 

I like to keep the usage of an object as a conscious choice.

But how often are lockers right next to life support pods?

I'd like to keep usage of an object as a conscious choice too, without all the dancing you do trying to open a lot of them in a row.

30 minutes ago, AdunSaveMe said:

But how often are lockers right next to life support pods?

I'd like to keep usage of an object as a conscious choice too, without all the dancing you do trying to open a lot of them in a row.

Next to Life Support pods? No, no. My reload is my context key. By reloading I can trigger things like terminals and Life Support without actually wanting to.

That lockers tend to not be sitting in a direction I'm facing while engaging an enemy, they haven't been a problem thus far. However, if I can now open it when my back is turned, it's just something else I'll have to consciously stay away from.

16 minutes ago, (PS4)IIIDevoidIII said:

Next to Life Support pods? No, no. My reload is my context key. By reloading I can trigger things like terminals and Life Support without actually wanting to.

That lockers tend to not be sitting in a direction I'm facing while engaging an enemy, they haven't been a problem thus far. However, if I can now open it when my back is turned, it's just something else I'll have to consciously stay away from.

Not while your back is turned. Just while facing your side to it. Even if you did run into the rare situation where you happen to be fighting right up against a locker and accidentally open it instead of reloading, it wouldn't be a huge inconvenience.

I'm not asking for a huge change here. It only needs to be another 30 degrees, 40 tops.

Edited by AdunSaveMe