Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Maroo's Ayatan Mission

Noamuth

On 10/9/2016 at 8:50 AM, motorfirebox said:

But... Maroo's mission is the tutorial. It's easily accessible to new players, you can run it over and over until you get it right, and there's a map marker showing you exactly where to go. The only real problem is having to sit through the dialogue over and over again. Possibly along with the fact that aside from Maroo's mission, there's really no reason to do the obstacle courses at all.

On 10/9/2016 at 11:16 AM, Azrael said:

People learned the vaults originally by finding them and practicing them till they had it. Maroo's mission is actually much faster for practicing them than the normal void missions are, because you have a guaranteed spawn and you don't need to look for it, plus there's no other mission to complete.

Honestly, my biggest complaint is restarting the mission.  It's tedious and annoying.  Also, been dealing with some bugs where I complete the mission, get the statue but the end of mission results show it as not obtained - and I can't rerun the mission.

It would be nice if there was some kind of indicator that there are other places to practice the vaults.  Maroo's mission really isn't the place to practice them - you fail the mission and you don't even get the option of peeking through the windows to get an idea of how I should have done it differently - like I can in the Void vaults.

18 hours ago, --RV--Draconian said:

This.

Vault rooms are supposed to be something akin to an easter egg, and you want a tutorial for those? Also, how do you think people are becoming veterans? They do the mission 100 times and learn, so should you. Your other points are completely valid, though.

P.S. What if i said there are orokin cat statuettes scattered throughout the planets in the dark corners of the map, and you need to find them? Have fun, just don't look for tutorials.

If the Vault layout is being used in a weekly mission open to all MR players, then yes, there should be a tutorial.  It's not an easter egg anymore.

At this point, I'd just like to see either the option to skip Maroo's dialogue or give us the ability to pick up the weekly mission from the kiosks placed around the Relay, as well as her dropping a hint at the end of a failed mission to go to the Void and practice there. 

10 minutes ago, Viltemri said:

At this point, I'd just like to see either the option to skip Maroo's dialogue or give us the ability to pick up the weekly mission from the kiosks placed around the Relay, as well as her dropping a hint at the end of a failed mission to go to the Void and practice there. 

I think those are reasonable requests.

I'd be fine with those. I'd also like to see non-Maroo obstacle courses have a much, much higher chance of having a sculpture at the end. The obstacle courses have always lacked any real purpose aside from bragging rights, and the sculptures seem like the perfect thing for that.

The game in general is not very new player friendly, and the devs have acknowledged that and are working on it. But for now, new players are very reliant on others teaching them about it, and for the most part players seem to be willing to do so. There are also "guides of the lotus" who hang out on the beginner relays and answer any questions you might have. 

• 1 month later...

If you have played and explored the void/ derelict at all, you have likely run into these courses in the past. I find them in every exterminate in the void and derelict. Need to practice? run Ext in void and derelict and search all areas to find the treasure rooms. They truly aren't that hard even for new players. As long as you know your basic parkour moves, you are golden.