Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Controlled Strain Theory [ SD spoilers]

Slamminslug

well... @shadowfire380 it doesn't actually have much to do with the topic other than signifying the resistance of a technocyte colony to the test of time...

the corrupted ancient imprint simply showed two very important things:

1) the infested maintains a fraction of it's host's abilities, seeing as the former Remballa was still capable of healing.

2) the infested faction is capable of maintaining telepathic cohesion established prior to exposure, since Ontella and Remballa were still linked.

what it DOESN'T show is the shape of an ancient/how our in-game ancients got their shape, the only reason we spoke about the corrupted ancient imprint at all in this thread is because you inquired about my logic of the ancients being former sentient fighters, which I attempted to explain.

Edited by Slamminslug

1 minute ago, Slamminslug said:

well... @shadowfire380 it doesn't actually have much to do with the topic other than signifying the resistance of a technocyte colony to the test of time...

the corrupted ancient imprint simply showed two very important things:

1) the infested maintains a fraction of it's host's abilities, seeing as the former Remballa was still capable of healing.

2) the infested as an organism is capable of maintaining telepathic cohesion established prior to the infestation, since Ontella and Remballa were still linked.

what it DOESN'T show is the shape of an ancient/how our in-game ancients got their shape, the only reason we spoke about the corrupted ancient imprint at all in this thread is because you inquired about my logic of the ancients being former sentient fighters, which I attempted to explain.

The problem there is that we have no evidence to suggest that Ancients are converted Sentient fighters. None. There is not one single bit of evidence for it.

Instead, the Synthesis Imprint makes it really clear that the Infestation 'learned' from eating a Lorist and was able to duplicate her pattern over and over again in its Healers. That's kinda what I was getting at. You can say "I think it would be cool if Ancients were converted Sentient fighters." However, what you cannot say is "I think Ancients are converted Sentients because of [reasons a, b, and c]."

You've said that Sentient fighters share the silhouette of Ancients, but....they don't. The only thing they have in common is that they're both rather elongated and lanky. If you look at Conculysts and Battalysts in the Codex, they look like stylised winged humanoid statues, like some sort of Mayan angel statue/gargoyle things. Ancients are soft, wobbly, tentacled things which walk about on long tentacle limbs. 

Rhino in the codex was linked to a tenno.

Rhinosan was mad because they tickled him for too long for science stuffs. They still couldn't tame him so mad scientist schemed a plan to purposefully let him free for a moment then show him that they held his body and his friends bodies as hostages. 

""You've said that Sentient fighters share the silhouette of Ancients"" False. I said:

"as far as looks are concerned, nothing but sentient fighters match the silhouette of a ancient very well..."

I welcome your argument that ancients are shaped more like humans than sentient fighters, but allow me to share my thinking.

Spoiler

Healer.pnglatest?cb=20151204180347

above are images of an infested ancient and a sentient battalyst respectively. notice how the two share an upside down U shaped core with 4 long limbs extending from that region? The batons on the battalyst's arms are weapons as seen in the devstreams, and can be torn from those hardpoints. My thoughts were a damaged batta/conculyst lost one of it's weapons and it's wings, leaving a figure much like the ancients, albeit much less organic. 

then the technocyte hits, making it malleable and fleshy..  seeing as the wings are gone, the organism is left to walk upon legs not made for that purpose, causing recurves below the torso, making it look completely unnatural. rudimentary fingers are formed from the remainder of the weaponless arm, and the one remaining baton fuses at the hardpoint, becoming a long, fluid tendril with lots of pliability. 

the face extends outward into tendril based sensors/antennae for basic sight. 

this o'l bugger may be a messed up human, but it would have had to morph its form much more to reach it's current shape if that were the case, and the infested tend to leave functional limbs as-is if they're efficient.

IE:

Spoiler

KFV5swG.pngInfestedRunner.png

infested crewmen make use of the good leg and arm leftover from the original organism, though it appears the left foot was removed, and the right arm is fused to the torso, likely due to inoperability. also observed is a sharp, nearly 30-35 degree bend backward in the spinal region, indicating either trauma or muscular atrophy. 

new eyes were grown on the surface of the helmet, since the native ones were hidden within the helm, and the TC probably couldn't make heads or tails of it.

long story short, unless Lorists shared those symbolic characteristics with sentients, it's a bit of a stretch to say the ancients IN GAME are former orokin.

if you didn't pay attention to anything else in this post, read this: I'M not saying the ancient in the imprint lore was a sentient. thats obviously formerly a Lorist.

what I AM saying is the IN GAME MODEL shares enough characteristics with a sentient to make me think IN MY OPINION that they probably came from them.

you said " You've said that Sentient fighters share the silhouette of Ancients, but....they don't. " and thats a kicker, because its an opinion, and I have an opinion and it really doesn't apply to this thread, since the reference to sentients was to show how old ancients were, and Lorists were around at the same time so mission accomplished.

whew

thanks for the input

Edited by Slamminslug

22 minutes ago, Volinus7 said:

Rhino in the codex was linked to a tenno.

Rhinosan was mad because they tickled him for too long for science stuffs. They still couldn't tame him so mad scientist schemed a plan to purposefully let him free for a moment then show him that they held his body and his friends bodies as hostages. 

good to know. thanks :)

Pretty cool theory.

I wonder if the devs are gonna go down this path?

From a common sense point of view, fiber optics are the future for data transmission; and if the Orokin used nano-tech to 'grow' nano filaments, it's also plausible that the tech can be applied to those luminescent roots and tendrils found in Orokin Towers and Derelicts, since it seems that style was just as or more important than function.

So it can certainly be quite possible that their nano tech somehow got corrupted and lead to the development of the Infested. With the Viruses being the means for transmitting the instructions necessary for production at the nano scale.

Few interesting articles here: http://www.nanowerk.com/spotlight/spotid=1635.php

http://www.hutton.ac.uk/research/groups/cell-and-molecular-sciences/virus-research/biotechnology-nanotechnology

And wanted to share that Oberon using two Orokin Cells has 100,000 units of Nano-Spores in his construction due to 50,000 each being needed in crafting an Orokin Cell.

1 minute ago, SPARTAN-187.Thanatos said:

And wanted to share that Oberon using two Orokin Cells has 100,000 units of Nano-Spores in his construction due to 50,000 each being needed in crafting an Orokin Cell.

I hadn't even thought of that, seeing as I never build those, i simply pick them up off the ground, much like oberon. heh

10 minutes ago, Slamminslug said:

I hadn't even thought of that, seeing as I never build those, i simply pick them up off the ground, much like oberon. heh

I get bored, so I sometimes explore such things, and they can get stuck in my head.