Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

'Growing Power' aura trigger sound should be changed to this...

SaucyTuckermax

The use of that exact sound will never happen for a myriad of reasons, not the least of which being that the sound is owned by Nintendo, so the use of it would be inviting a law suit, and that the sound doesn't make any sense in the atmosphere of Warframe. At all. 

Seriously, think of the sounds that exist in Warframe, from voices to ambient music, and tell me honestly that something from Super Mario Bros would fit in with the rest. 

2 hours ago, Imaru said:

The use of that exact sound will never happen for a myriad of reasons, not the least of which being that the sound is owned by Nintendo, so the use of it would be inviting a law suit, and that the sound doesn't make any sense in the atmosphere of Warframe. At all. 

Seriously, think of the sounds that exist in Warframe, from voices to ambient music, and tell me honestly that something from Super Mario Bros would fit in with the rest. 

I don't want that EXACT sound, but I'm sure they could make one that sounds similar enough that when people hear it they'd be like: "wow that sounds really familiar almost like the mario power up sound" I think they could achieve this in there own way without breaking the 'atmosphere' of warframe. DE's creative I know they could do it. And lastly, after you said that nintendo 'owned' that exact sound, you might very well be right but I read that just in the past year they've sent in a thing TRYING to trademark the coin sound. So It's just a hunch I have that maybe if there just in the past year trying to trademark the classic coin sound, that maybe the mushroom sound isn't trademarked yet either. Here's source on that. http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2016/03/nintendo_seeks_a_trademark_for_mario_coin_sound

Edited by SaucyTuckermax
fixed spell