Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Bosses Need To Stop Dropping Research Materials!

Darkmiser

So you have a few hours to burn at home, and you're really wanting to pick up Frost for your group of friends to tank some defense missions. You queue up for Exta, fight the interesting yet annoying boss, and after the satisfying moment the boss dies, you look for your loot. A mod, cool, can always use those. What's this? A Detonite ampule? I got like 30 of these on the way to the boss, why would the boss need to drop these? Unless the boss is dropping like 5-10 of them, it basically makes me feel like I wasted my time.

Grinding towards a new suit is awesome, I like gathering materials, and I'm ok if the boss alternates blueprints and rare materials, etc. The bosses however do not need to drop research materials. My friends and I have never been like "OMG a Fieldron Sample! How lucky of us!" I understand it may be an artificial roadblock to make players burn more time when acquiring Warframes,  but that's a cheap gimmick, and all of us players know it. 

On a lighter note, you've got a great thing going. I've loved this game since I first tried it. I have 5-6 Warframes that I've farmed for and built from scratch, and I've loved every minute of it. The time gap of grinding bosses who then proceed to drop research materials (aka nothing) since I'm not in a large clan (and there isn't really a way to scout for large clans) is quite lost on me and frankly it often discourages me.

TLDR : Bosses shouldn't drop research materials.

Thanks,

Darkmiser

A boss droping research material doesnt exclude a bp from falling, its a different loot table for the bps.

When a bp falls it allways comes with a mod and a resource.

What alternates is what resource falls, sometimes 2 resources, and also mods, sometimes 2 or even 3 fall from the boss, but they are 3 separate loot tables that RNG decides:

1 - Mods - how many

2- Resources - how many and which

3 - Blueprints - if it falls or no

3 separate loot tables that dont affect each other.

Edited by Hybridon

IMO, bosses should always drop the Uncommon or Rare, but never Common or Research.

For example, Hyena should never drop Ferrite or Research. J-3 should never drop Research or Salvage.

etc.

There's just nothing GOOD about getting Research, Ferrite, Salvage, etc from a boss kill.

It always ruins the mood. Every single time, unless there was a Warframe BP that you actually needed/wanted.

A boss droping research material doesnt exclude a bp from falling, its a different loot table for the bps.

What alternates is what resource falls, sometimes 2 resources, and also mods, sometimes 2 or even 3 fall from the boss, but they are 3 separate loot tables that RNG decides:

1 - Mods - how many

We know that.

What we hate is trying to get Control Modules, Neurodes, or Neural Sensors and seeing ridiculous amounts of Ferrite, Salvage, Nano Spores, etc.

They should probably just not drop materials at all.  There's enough boss grinding for BPs.  Make the materials kill/locker/chest drops.

They'd have to increase the drop rate of the rare materials if they were to do this.

Just try getting Control Modules from anything other than Hyena.

I've probably done 15+ Exterminates (opening and breaking every possible locker/container while doing so) and haven't seen a single one. I've seen ONE out of a Locker (out of the 6 I've gotten and used) and that was on a Hyena run. The rest were dropped solely by Hyena himself.

Edited by Xylia

We know that.

What we hate is trying to get Control Modules, Neurodes, or Neural Sensors and seeing ridiculous amounts of Ferrite, Salvage, Nano Spores, etc.

I was contesting his point about bps.

For what I understood from his post, he isnt raging against rare mats and resource mats or any other mats falling from the boss, and yes he is annoyed that resource mats are falling instead of the bp, so I was clarifying it, so that he understands resources and bps dont exclude each other.

Now if it is to discuss rare materials and there current drop rates, then I think this isnt the right topic, theres hundreds of them on the forums already.

Again, if I didnt misread his post, then Im just clarifying what he posted, if I didnt understand it correctly, pardon me :)

They'd have to increase the drop rate of the rare materials if they were to do this.

Just try getting Control Modules from anything other than Hyena.

I've probably done 15+ Exterminates (opening and breaking every possible locker/container while doing so) and haven't seen a single one. I've seen ONE out of a Locker (out of the 6 I've gotten and used) and that was on a Hyena run. The rest were dropped solely by Hyena himself.

I farmed out 3000 ferrite in his system, maybe 10 runs total, and got 3 - none from Hyena. 

That said, I tend to agree.  Increase the drop rate on rare materials from non-boss sources, and zero it out on bosses.

1 - Mods - how many

Hybridon, thank you for enlightening me, I guess I wasn't aware of this. I just don't ever remember in my 200+ boss kills now getting both a research material and a blueprint. It seemed mutually exclusive to me, as I'd never seen both drop. If they are on separate tables, then they severely nerfed blueprint drops in some recent build. My first 3-4 frames I got within like 10 runs, now I'm at +30 runs on Frost and Saryn, 1 piece of Frost, and 2 pieces of Saryn. I know loot is random, and RNG is RNG, but just getting a research  material is like a slap in the face, heh.

Thanks for your response though, guess I'll just keep trying to grind it out.