Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Oberon Rework/Buff ideas

Entharias

I was wondering how to make Oberon a good frame, so i came out with some ideas

His 4th Ability: Increase range up to 20m, Increase damage to 2000 (1000 Radiation and 1000 Impact), increase health orb drop to 100%.
His 3rd Abiity: Change animation to something faster/smoother, make it a toggle ability for himself (consume 2 energy/s and additional 4/5 energy per 50 health recovered), the healing for allies should be overtime (like recover 500hp over 10s) and can be done again only if the ability is recasted.
His 2nd Ability: Change for a completely new ability (since i's basically useless, imo), maybe some kind of area buff on armor for Oberon and nearby allies.
His 1st Ability: Looks fine to me.

What do you guys think? What would you change to him?

1 minute ago, (PS4)official_79 said:

I think making hallowed ground a channeled radius around oberon has been suggested a few times, makes sense too, like he is blessing the ground around him as he walks

It's actually a pretty good idea.

I think keeping Renewal as a heal with status removal and giving hallowed ground the increase to duration while standing in a toggle-on aura with its current armor and status block would be a decent rework. Its hard to mess with Reckoning however, it already has very high damage for a move with so many secondary effects; even if those effects are negated mostly by cumulative resistance and enemy scaling. Another strike commonly brought against the Reckoning is that most enemies resist at least part of the impact/radiation damage that Reckoning brings while spamming is often required to get the effects from it will any reliability. While I would love such damage values given to the moves, I would worry about what would be warped in the game as last time Oberon was buffed slightly; if at least he got such buffs.

I honestly think Oberon is in a pretty good place for now. Minor stat tweaks would be neat but I don't think anything beyond that is needed. 

The only big issue I can think of with him is that Renewal still has travel time, in addition to not being an instant heal on contact. Therefore, I suggest that either it become an instant heal on contact (after travel time) or it start healing (heal over time) as soon as you cast it. 

1 minute ago, Imaru said:

I honestly think Oberon is in a pretty good place for now. Minor stat tweaks would be neat but I don't think anything beyond that is needed. 

The only big issue I can think of with him is that Renewal still has travel time, in addition to not being an instant heal on contact. Therefore, I suggest that either it become an instant heal on contact (after travel time) or it start healing (heal over time) as soon as you cast it. 

The problem for me is: the animation, is way too long.

1 minute ago, Imaru said:

true, he is very balanced, but he has nothing that really pops out about him (jack of all trades)

I'd prefer he have some actual identity over being a generic jack of all trades. Nekros has his shadows, titania can fly, hybroids tentacles ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) , basically something to call his own, I was thinking something like sprouting a big tree that grants buffs for allies and status effects on enemies

1 minute ago, (PS4)official_79 said:

true, he is very balanced, but he has nothing that really pops out about him (jack of all trades)

I'd prefer he have some actual identity over being a generic jack of all trades. Nekros has his shadows, titania can fly, hybroids tentacles ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) , basically something to call his own, I was thinking something like sprouting a big tree that grants buffs for allies and status effects on enemies

So he makes something like the Void Trees that showers buffs and health on allies around it? Could be interesting. Would be a bit weird on the cramped Grineer Gallion, but neat nonetheless. 

Sad think is that developers only look at threads when they have in plan to rework an Warframe, but they don't even read old ones.
I think that making threads like this is useless : (
I saw many and nothing was maded, many of them are just a changing numbers in code but naaah, developers just chose which one they think is weak or OP, otherwise they don't look, but the problem is that they are building this game and have no time to play it. Nobody from their team is a balance manager who have knowledge in that stuff, where they should be in all games. The worst part is to see a game in a real TOURNAMENTS where some mechanics or characters are broken, how this game is in Tournament if it's not balanced?!
Balance manager is a must have to have a good games, probably if Warframe could be a balanced game I could put in a real money, because of great job, and I would play several guns and warframes, not the same one over and over, and change them once a week. There is no reason to play weak ones and overpowered stuff is getting boring realy quick.

Edited by IfritKajiTora

2 minutes ago, Imaru said:

So he makes something like the Void Trees that showers buffs and health on allies around it? Could be interesting. Would be a bit weird on the cramped Grineer Gallion, but neat nonetheless. 

Precisely like those void trees. Yeah cramped tilesets could be an issue depending on the size

38 minutes ago, Nakrast said:

His 3rd Abiity: Change animation to something faster/smoother

His 2nd Ability: Change for a completely new ability (since i's basically useless, imo), maybe some kind of area buff on armor for Oberon and nearby allies.

I agree with this part of the third but his 2nd ability already buffs armor

7 minutes ago, (XB1)GeckoGenesis said:

I think Hallowed Ground is really what needs to be worked on.  It needs to cover a much, much larger area and last for a longer amount of time.  It would also be nice if it slowed enemies and did more damage. 

Oberon have problem with survability. While staying in Hallowed Ground gives him damage reduction and to his team mates, that could be amaizing.

3 minutes ago, Dwolfknight said:

I agree with this part of the third but his 2nd ability already buffs armor

I know, but it's an area limited buff, and pretty awful.

19 minutes ago, IfritKajiTora said:

Sad think is that developers only look at threads when they have in plan to rework an Warframe, but they don't even read old ones.
I think that making threads like this is useless : (
I saw many and nothing was maded, many of them are just a changing numbers in code but naaah, developers just chose which one they think is weak or OP, otherwise they don't look, but the problem is that they are building this game and have no time to play it. Nobody from their team is a balance manager who have knowledge in that stuff, where they should be in all games. The worst part is to see a game in a real TOURNAMENTS where some mechanics or characters are broken, how this game is in Tournament if it's not balanced?!
Balance manager is a must have to have a good games, probably if Warframe could be a balanced game I could put in a real money, because of great job, and I would play several guns and warframes, not the same one over and over, and change them once a week. There is no reason to play weak ones and overpowered stuff is getting boring realy quick.

I don't care if dev don't look/care about my opinions, i want to hear yours.

Hmm... I think Oberon is not that bad, but the changes I would make to him are the next ones:

-Hallowed Ground: I would make this ability an aura with fixed duration that creates a circular carpet  that obviously follows Oberon. As Oberon is not known as a Damage Warframe, I would replace the damage for a 35% slow to enemies that enter the aura. Also, I would increase the armor buff from 20% to 45% (base). And obviously I would keep the status immunity. It seems also that DE tried to make Oberon be able to work with two different builds (low duration and high duration) So, for the low duration builds I would make this ability store 60% of the damage taken by you or allies, and realease it as more armor. Every 1000 points of damage stored, the ability can give 100% (total armor) for the next 7 seconds (these can't be stacked with next armor buffs from hallowed ground). 

*As I changed how halloed ground works, the augment mod wouldn't fit the ability so the change to the augment would be the next one: All enemies in range will have 80% of chances of get a radiation proc. 

-Renewal: I would make this ability a channeled aura . But I would give it the Valkyr treatment; I mean, the less HP you or your allies have, the less it cost to maintain the power up in terms of energy. So if you and your allies have more than 80% of their HP combined, the ability will start draining more energy and so on. Basically it will work like a Healing Hysteria. Also, if you cast the ability while the total HP of your squad is under 20%. The ability will start with a weaker version of "Repel" and based on how many enemies got "repelled" it will grant shields and overshields to all allies in range. 

*To balance the augment mod for the Renewal change I will just increase the cooldown from 90 to 180 seconds. 

Additionaly, I would increase Oberon's base armor to 300. 

-Reckoning: To the base ability I would increase the Health Orbs to 75% if enemies are killed with Reckoning or 3 seconds after getting hit by reckoning.                                         Also, I would make the ability have 2 phases:                                                                                                                                                                                                             1.- It will keep enemies levitating in the air for 50% of the duration of the ability.     
2.- It will slam enemies and proc nearby enemies with radiation and blind them for the 50% of the duration of the ability. 

Oberon will not be stuck in his animation while enemies are evitating (It will work like Nezhas Spears) It means, He will get an animation when he make enemies levitate, and then he can do everything he wants, when the second phase starts, Oberon will just slam them with a (one handed animation). 

During these two phases, Oberon and his allies will be able to kill enemies to try to get Health Orbs more consistently. 

*For the augment mod I would replace the damage per second and additional armor buff for the next buffs for allies that are in the Reckoning area of effect:

1.-A radiactive Aura that last for the next 20 seconds, and deals 1500 points of damage for each 100 points of energy the affected ally has stored. (It means, a Saryn Prime with 600 points of energy can deal 9000 points of radiactive damage per second to enemies close to her for the next 20 seconds) But, if you start spending energy, the damage you deal will get reduced obviously. (it escales just every 100 points of energy).
2.- A protective aura will also get applied to allies for the next 20 seconds. This aura will "reinforce" allies by giving their shields 40% damage reduction and a knock down effect of 8 meters whenever they get these shields destroyed. (This ability can also work on overshields). <--- With this Oberon would have tons of synergy with characters like Volt, mag and Trinity. 

First of all the devs do look at threads. As far as I remember one of them mention they use the search function when they need to revisit or see a growing need to update any Warframe. It just takes time.

Anyway I do want to mention if you make suggestions like these the "Feedback Categories" sections would be better for constructive feedback.

Review:

1. Smite: Not touched.
  2. Hallowed Ground: I actually find the original ability actually useful, Mainly for status negating then the armor. As (PS4)official_79 mentioned, it would be far better if we can have it move with Oberon. But lets get back to your version. I hope that buff is solid armor instead of armor%. Most frames in the game will not benefit otherwise.
  3. Renewal: A faster animation would be more beneficial like you stated. I think the base 5 energy per second is fine as it is before mods.
  4. Reckoning: Things suggested are a pretty hard straight up buff if we're thinking of this ability unmodded.

Suggestions:

1. Smite: I think the initial target need a weakened(puncture) proc like the spawned projectiles from the initial blast. The spawned projectiles could use barely more base damage, 150 to 250. Other parts of this ability seems to work fine in my experience.
  2. Hallowed Ground: I would just prefer a new "hold button" function like point at your target and the carpet appears there instead of at your feet. This will make the ability more useful as a form of support without having to focus hard on power range builds. (Seriously good in radiation proc sorties). If this ability gives solid armor to those within I believe he would fit better in most squads. Possibly give 250 base armor to teammates standing in it before power strength mods apply. I would love a new augment that allows you to tag allies or enemies sticking Hallowed Ground around them.
  3. Renewal: It doesn't end because everyone is healed. Pretty much my most major annoyance with this ability. Recasting it and waiting for teammates to get hit with the heal projectile. I would prefer if you press the button again it will instantly heal X amount. Possibly 50% target's base health.
  4. Reckoning could use a slightly larger blind radius to enemies outside your initial range. Change the original blind radius from 4m to 8m should do. Make health orb drop chance effected by current power strength. May need to nerf that 50% base to 35% if we use power strength.
  5. Base Stats: I believe we should change his 150 base armor to 250 base armor so he can benefit better from armor mods and hallowed ground. As a caster frame he has low energy max. I think instead of 150 base energy at rank 30 he should be 200 base energy so modding energy capacity would be ideal instead of high energy efficiency.