Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Carrier WTF?

FreedEnergy

Carrier was rightfully nerfed, however, I believe it's new precept is fantastic.

Carrier was originally nearly everyone's choice in a companion, with the rework, there's more companion use freedom, as now my adorable little Diriga will hopefully be seen being used by more people.

Carrier was rightfully nerfed, however, I believe it's new precept is fantastic.

Carrier was originally nearly everyone's choice in a companion, with the rework, there's more companion use freedom, as now my adorable little Diriga will hopefully be seen being used by more people.

Now you have to run over every object to pick it up. How is that better? Welcome to "Farmframe"..................

6 minutes ago, C_Phoenix said:

Now you have to run over every object to pick it up. How is that better? Welcome to "Farmframe"..................

I have no problem with that. I used Diriga before the rework, I'm used to it. Now stop being lazy and stop crying and maybe hit the bullet jump key combo a little more.

12 minutes ago, DaddySnootdogg said:

Nothing about this post is logical or agreeable. Once again, DE didn't rework anything, they just nerfed an item 89% of the player base used.

11 minutes ago, NeithanDiniem said:

That would have solved absolutely nothing.

Nerfing a quality of life feature 89% of the game used doesn't solve anything, either. It just pisses off the player base.

6 minutes ago, C_Phoenix said:

Exactly.

15 minutes ago, DaddySnootdogg said:

3 minutes ago, DaddySnootdogg said:

I have no problem with that. I used Diriga before the rework, I'm used to it. Now stop being lazy and stop crying and maybe hit the bullet jump key combo a little more.

So you really consider grabbing loot to be an integral part of the Warframe experience huh? I can guarantee you that you are in a minority of players who feel this way, a very small one.

Picking up loot in a game as fast as this shouldnt require me having to manually touch it. They shouldve just given 12m to all sentinels. Just because something is used by 80% of the playerbase does NOT mean it needs to be nerfed. 

1 minute ago, Racter said:

Nothing about this post is logical or agreeable. Once again, DE didn't rework anything, they just nerfed an item 89% of the player base used.

Nerfing a quality of life feature 89% of the game used doesn't solve anything, either. It just pisses off the player base.

Exactly.

The 'nerf' for Carrier releases the chokehold Carrier had on Companion use. You would see Carrier everywhere, but it was a one trick pony. There are far more useful sentinels out there, but they were beaten out because of the vacuum precept. The 'nerf' now brings all the sentinels and all the companions back into play.

2 minutes ago, armedpoop said:

So you really consider grabbing loot to be an integral part of the Warframe experience huh? I can guarantee you that you are in a minority of players who feel this way, a very small one.

Picking up loot in a game as fast as this shouldnt require me having to manually touch it. They shouldve just given 12m to all sentinels. Just because something is used by 80% of the playerbase does NOT mean it needs to be nerfed. 

No, grabbing loot is not an integral part of the experience, therefore, you should not be complaining about having to walk near it. Warframe is a game where movement is key to survival in many higher level missions, you will wind up collecting a majority of the loot via the 6 meter vacuum passive on all sentinels and bullet jumping. 

Just now, DaddySnootdogg said:

The 'nerf' for Carrier releases the chokehold Carrier had on Companion use. You would see Carrier everywhere, but it was a one trick pony. There are far more useful sentinels out there, but they were beaten out because of the vacuum precept. The 'nerf' now brings all the sentinels and all the companions back into play.

No, grabbing loot is not an integral part of the experience, therefore, you should not be complaining about having to walk near it. Warframe is a game where movement is key to survival in many higher level missions, you will wind up collecting a majority of the loot via the 6 meter vacuum passive on all sentinels and bullet jumping. 

The funny thing is that you put "nerf" in quotes implying it actually wasnt a nerf to vacuum, but ok. Carrier was NOT a one trick pony, Carrier has specialized use of one of the strongest sentinel weapons, as well as being the tankiest and most EHP (prime version) out of any sentinel currently. 

If loot wasnt integral to you, why isnt a 50% nerf on effecting loot grab range an issue to you? Not everyone enjoys grabbing loot as much as you do. 

Just now, armedpoop said:

The funny thing is that you put "nerf" in quotes implying it actually wasnt a nerf to vacuum, but ok. Carrier was NOT a one trick pony, Carrier has specialized use of one of the strongest sentinel weapons, as well as being the tankiest and most EHP (prime version) out of any sentinel currently. 

If loot wasnt integral to you, why isnt a 50% nerf on effecting loot grab range an issue to you? Not everyone enjoys grabbing loot as much as you do. 

While Carriers weapon and EHP were top of the top, a Carrier is still easily silenced by enemies in higher levels. It was always taken for it's Vacuum, I never once saw anyone really saying they used the Sweeper.

as for the second part? Once you become lazy in a game, you never go back, and you dread having to do any real work. Carrier was a crutch, solely because it was the only thing with Vacuum.

4 minutes ago, DaddySnootdogg said:

While Carriers weapon and EHP were top of the top, a Carrier is still easily silenced by enemies in higher levels. It was always taken for it's Vacuum, I never once saw anyone really saying they used the Sweeper.

as for the second part? Once you become lazy in a game, you never go back, and you dread having to do any real work. Carrier was a crutch, solely because it was the only thing with Vacuum.

"were top of the top"? They still are, every sentinel is silenced in higher levels, but Carrier lasts longer. Sounds like you need to re mod sweeper prime then. 

Why should playing video games include "work"? When you start to "work" in a video game, it ceases to be fun, and causes burn out. Majority of the player base felt this way about loot drops, and as a result of this change im sure many players will quit, if they havent already from the TWW DElay. 

3 minutes ago, armedpoop said:

"were top of the top"? They still are, every sentinel is silenced in higher levels, but Carrier lasts longer. Sounds like you need to re mod sweeper prime then. 

Why should playing video games include "work"? When you start to "work" in a video game, it ceases to be fun, and causes burn out. Majority of the player base felt this way about loot drops, and as a result of this change im sure many players will quit, if they havent already from the TWW DElay. 

I need to go take a seat, I'm laughing way too hard.

When you work in a videogame, it's not fun. Yes, that makes total sense my friend.
Except it doesn't, because I love doing work in video games, because work in games, means playing the game. That's work. 

I don't think big titles are for you, I firmly believe you might find it better to pay someone to play the game for you while you watch.
and maybe a PR person, so that you don't sound so dumb.

8 minutes ago, DaddySnootdogg said:

I need to go take a seat, I'm laughing way too hard.

When you work in a videogame, it's not fun. Yes, that makes total sense my friend.
Except it doesn't, because I love doing work in video games, because work in games, means playing the game. That's work. 

I don't think big titles are for you, I firmly believe you might find it better to pay someone to play the game for you while you watch.
and maybe a PR person, so that you don't sound so dumb.

Now you resort to petty insults? Are you kidding me? Also, were you not already sitting? 

Im not your friend, so dont call me such. It makes total sense that when it FEELS like work in a video game, its no longer fun. When you have capped out in warframe (a game about nothing but "work" in the form of grinding) picking up insignificant amounts of resources from the ground turns into "work" very quickly. "Work" leads to burn out, and burn out leads to people quitting your game.

On the other hand, QoL features LIKE 12m Vacuum alleviate the boring tedium of picking up drops. It helps you forget that you are doing "work". Why would you deliberately destroy that illusion that keeps apparently 80% of your playerbase going?

Im done with this conversation though, apparently im too stupid for you to have a genuine discussion with, you are just too above me. 

Edited by armedpoop

I dont get it why they need to nerve something that does not disturb any of the game balance.

Each sentinel got their own function and for most of us. Carrier is not that good just convinient.

Now thaks to this nonsense nerve of 6m, need to get real close almost my melee weapon range.

Why not they just make this vacum into eximus mods. Where people need to grind more or puchase it for plats.

6m is too weak

7 hours ago, rudman88 said:

Each sentinel got their own function and for most of us. Carrier is not that good just convenient.

Carriers function was to pick up loot. If you take that function from it and give Vaccum to everyone then its no longer a specialized ability but a general one. 12 meters would have been way over the top for that and besides, there should still be some player involvement in gathering loot.

I agree 6m for Carrier is too weak.

Carrier had no problem and did NOT need to be nerfed. If I wanted ammo conversion for my weapons, I would have added it with a Mod. Carrier was basically penalized for being too good amongst other poor designs and lack of forethought.

Just because they add Vacuum to the other sentinels that did not have it doesn't mean that they need to adjust the range for the Carrier.

To me it would have made more sense to have kept the vacuum for the Carrier the way it was and add Vacuum to all sentinels and companions.

And instead of replacing Carrier's precept with ammo conversion, give it the Master Thief treatment instead.