Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A question about Telos Boltace

aligatorno

Question

Hi guys :D

I plan to buy Telos Boltace tomorrow since I made it to the final rank of Arbiters, and I was wondering if the weapon still is efficient without Maiming Strike? 

Would a Blood Rush + Body Count give decent results in high level content? I plan on adding this build :

Blood Rush - Body Count - Pressure Point - True Steel

Spoiler Strike[Or Berserker] - Organ Shatter - And 2 elementals

Edited by aligatorno

17 answers to this question

Telos Boltace is normally used for its powerful spin attack that unleashes a radial wave dealing damage in quite a large radius. Maiming Strike really increases the damage output as it allows nearly every slide attack to crit. Telos Boltace has a pretty decent crit multiplier at 2x as well, which can be increased further with Organ Shatter.

I also put Primed Reach on it to vastly increase the range of both the slide attack and the energy wave, allowing me to hit enemies over 20 meters away from me. Therefore, I typically run:

-Gemini Cross (Stance)

-(Primed) Pressure Point

-Maiming Strike

-(Primed) Reach

-Organ Shatter

-Berserker

-Elemental Mod 1

-Elemental Mod 2

-Life Strike/Elemental Mod 3

Edited by X3Evanescence

The main sale point of Telos is the AoE effect which is not increased by melee combo multiplier and as result not affect by Blood Rush either.

The rest of the mods work with it.

The first attack from from stealth or invisible will apply the stealth bonus multipliers to damage however only for the first hit or until a few seconds after the innate bleed damage stops from the AoE.

Honestly I find it to be a gimmick weapon. It's good for clearing content lvl 1-50 range but even the innate bleed falls off because the AoE does not benefit from any of the good multipliers. As an actual melee weapon it's "okay".

3 hours ago, Xzorn said:

Honestly I find it to be a gimmick weapon. It's good for clearing content lvl 1-50 range but even the innate bleed falls off because the AoE does not benefit from any of the good multipliers. As an actual melee weapon it's "okay".

I beg to differ. The AoE is affected by base damage (pressure point, spoiled strike), crits (which includes headcrits too AFAIK), and lasting sting (+110% status duration). It will murder high-leveled enemies.

On the topic of using the telos boltace with blood rush, i suggest you buy telos boltace to swap with the sancti magistar or the vaykor sydon which are actually good crit weapon.

10 minutes ago, mikami666134 said:

I beg to differ. The AoE is affected by base damage (pressure point, spoiled strike), crits (which includes headcrits too AFAIK), and lasting sting (+110% status duration). It will murder high-leveled enemies.

On the topic of using the telos boltace with blood rush, i suggest you buy telos boltace to swap with the sancti magistar or the vaykor sydon which are actually good crit weapon.

The problem with this argument is the perspective of what "High Level" is. 

I purposely said it's good till lvl 50 then it falls off. Because it does when compared to other melee options.

The Bleed proc is not affected by stealth past the first hit, it's not affected by Blood Rush either and as a result it will always do meh damage compared to melee weapons which get those multipliers. Even when you macro it and annoy the hell out of your team.

As a direct comparison Atterax is a much better AoE Bleed weapon and Dark Split Swords do higher slide damage, higher damage per hit and use a better stance.

It's not a bad weapon by any means, it's actually pretty good but it didn't buy a ticket for the hype train it's riding on.

26 minutes ago, Xzorn said:

The problem with this argument is the perspective of what "High Level" is. 

I purposely said it's good till lvl 50 then it falls off. Because it does when compared to other melee options.

Hm, depends on the frame.

If you're using a frame who can Blind enemies, or otherwise force them to receive multiple consecutive stealth multipliers (e.g. Excal, Inaros, Ivara, Savage Silence Banshee; but NOT Loki or a typical Naramon user), then regular melee hits will do 8x damage, Bleed/Toxin/etc DoTs will do 64x damage, and Gas DoTs will do 512x damage (thanks to a bugged interaction between melee DoTs and the stealth multiplier).
The TBoltace's bleed will definitely fall off at around level 50 or so (especially at long range), but having a Blind-capable frame equipped will allow the TBoltace's guaranteed bleed procs to rip apart level 100+ Heavies with just one or two swings. And if you're lucky enough to land a gas proc, then virtually every Sortie enemy (other than Juggernaut and bosses) will simply instagib.

Edited by SortaRandom

8 minutes ago, SortaRandom said:

Hm, depends on the frame.

If you're using a frame who can Blind enemies, or otherwise force them to receive multiple consecutive stealth multipliers (e.g. Excal, Inaros, Ivara, Savage Silence Banshee; but NOT Loki or a typical Naramon user), then regular melee hits will do 8x damage, Bleed/Toxin/etc DoTs will do 64x damage, and Gas DoTs will do 512x damage (thanks to a bugged interaction between melee DoTs and the stealth multiplier).
The TBoltace's bleed will definitely fall off at around level 50 or so (especially at long range), but having a Blind-capable frame equipped will allow the TBoltace's guaranteed bleed procs to rip apart level 100+ Heavies with just one or two swings.

Of course you can extend the range of just about any weapon with the right frame. I try not to consider exploits by weapon comparison since they're bound to be fixed eventually. Of course I'm not above showing them off for a laugh, like my Banshee's 45 million Galantine swing.

I've been meaning to see what Excal does with Bleed Atterax,  Gas is already pretty dumb.

19 minutes ago, Xzorn said:

Of course you can extend the range of just about any weapon with the right frame. I try not to consider exploits by weapon comparison since they're bound to be fixed eventually. Of course I'm not above showing them off for a laugh, like my Banshee's 45 million Galantine swing.

I've been meaning to see what Excal does with Bleed Atterax,  Gas is already pretty dumb.

Haha, fair enough. Granted, though, there's at least a small handful of frames that can take advantage of bugged melee DoT multipliers (as opposed to just one or two); so it's not as restricted as a super-specific "Snipetron can do tons of damage if Banshee's Sonar marks an enemy's head!"-type requirement. Even Rhino can take advantage of it when using Naramon + Stomp (thanks to another bugged interaction in which knocked-down enemies can take multiple stealth hits from invisible players).

Still not quite everyone's cup of tea, of course-- but considering how the devs have made no mention of the bugs despite them being present for years, I still think it's reason enough to invest in the weapon.

But coming from an Atterax-spamming Excal main-- Bleed Atterax can also kill blinded level 100+ Gunners in just a few hits, but Bleed TBoltace seems to do that same job noticeably faster. On non-blinded enemies, though, Atterax easily beats out the TBoltace in group-nuking capability simply due to its raw damage.

I haven't tried Weeping Wounds on the Atterax yet, but I'd imagine that it would simply just push it in a more TBoltace-like direction. You know, better Blind-nuking capability thanks to reliable (and disgustingly powerful) bleed procs, but less powerful against non-Blinded enemies due to reduced raw damage.

Edited by SortaRandom

8 minutes ago, SortaRandom said:

Haha, fair enough. Granted, though, there's at least a small handful of frames that can take advantage of bugged melee DoT multipliers (as opposed to just one or two); so it's not as restricted as a super-specific "Snipetron can do tons of damage if Banshee's Sonar marks an enemy's head!"-type requirement.

But coming from an Atterax-spamming Excal main-- Bleed Atterax can also kill blinded level 100+ Gunners in just a few hits, but Bleed TBoltace seems to do that same job noticeably faster. On non-blinded enemies, though, Atterax easily beats out the TBoltace in group-nuking capability simply due to its raw damage.

I haven't tried Weeping Wounds on the Atterax yet, but I'd imagine that it would simply just push it in a more TBoltace-like direction. You know, better Blind-nuking capability thanks to reliable (and disgustingly powerful) bleed procs, but less powerful against non-Blinded enemies due to reduced raw damage.

Weeping works great on a pure physical bleed Atterax. I use this setup https://goo.gl/K6e2Hq

I did a TTK with just Loki and killed 10 lvl 140 Bomber in about 10 seconds, about half of them dropped in 3-4 seconds. Prolly much more broken with Blind.

1 minute ago, Xzorn said:

Weeping works great on a pure physical bleed Atterax. I use this setup https://goo.gl/K6e2Hq

I did a TTK with just Loki and killed 10 lvl 140 Bomber in about 10 seconds, about half of them dropped in 3-4 seconds. Prolly much more broken with Blind.

Oh, hot damn. Time to get myself a copy of Weeping Wounds, then.

If you don't mind spamming slide attacks (and abusing yet another glitch), then switching that True Steel with Maiming Strike could potentially increase your damage output by an order of magnitude. I use a somewhat similar build (Virulent Scourge instead of WW, and Maiming Strike instead of TS) and I can easily land 600k hits on unarmored targets as long as they're blinded first.

Bleed build on the atterax require you to keep using the weapon to get combo counter for weeping wounds.

With the telos boltace, you can keep using your primary while using the melee only for the nullies and/or regen-ing health through free lifestrike.

It's a matter of usage. If you want to use a melee weapon exclusively, I'd go with nikana prime. Slide attack gives you the benefit of attack and forget in addition of mobility which the telos boltace gives.

16 minutes ago, SortaRandom said:

Oh, hot damn. Time to get myself a copy of Weeping Wounds, then.

If you don't mind spamming slide attacks (and abusing yet another glitch), then switching that True Steel with Maiming Strike could potentially increase your damage output by an order of magnitude. I use a somewhat similar build (Virulent Scourge instead of WW, and Maiming Strike instead of TS) and I can easily land 600k hits on unarmored targets as long as they're blinded first.

lol that's so cheesey.  Should be around x2 the base bleed damage considering that 3/5 of the stance attacks are 200% damage.

8 hours ago, mikami666134 said:

I already have Vaykor Sydon, it was my first syndicate melee and so far my favorite. It's really good for both crit and status builds, with weeping wounds and corrosive it can strip the enemies armor quite quickly if they don't die first. 

Regarding Telos Boltace, I`m not that keen on it to be honest, but I wanted to see what all the fuss was about since so many people are raging over it, and kinda needed some AOE melee except War that can give decent results in sorties 70lvl + enemies. 

For single target I have : VSydon - War - Destreza - Dual Ichor

For AOE : War [for its spinning combo] - Nikondi [which is great until lvl 40-50 enemies unpotatoed] - Hate [It's decent, but too flashy, but awful hitboxes with Reaping Spiral]. 

So I kinda need an AOE weapon to change the pace from time to time and not get bored. Right now I`m building Dragon Nikana which is also mostly single target, and thinking about building Jag Kittag since I heard its slam attack is quite good. 

Edited by aligatorno

7 hours ago, aligatorno said:

I already have Vaykor Sydon, it was my first syndicate melee and so far my favorite. It's really good for both crit and status builds, with weeping wounds and corrosive it can strip the enemies armor quite quickly if they don't die first. 

Regarding Telos Boltace, I`m not that keen on it to be honest, but I wanted to see what all the fuss was about since so many people are raging over it, and kinda needed some AOE melee except War that can give decent results in sorties 70lvl + enemies. 

For single target I have : VSydon - War - Destreza - Dual Ichor

For AOE : War [for its spinning combo] - Nikondi [which is great until lvl 40-50 enemies unpotatoed] - Hate [It's decent, but too flashy, but awful hitboxes with Reaping Spiral]. 

So I kinda need an AOE weapon to change the pace from time to time and not get bored. Right now I`m building Dragon Nikana which is also mostly single target, and thinking about building Jag Kittag since I heard its slam attack is quite good. 

If you're looking for an AoE weapon, then you don't have to look any further than Jat Kittag with Primed Reach and Vulcan Blitz installed (mod dropped by Kela De Thaym).

Just now, Maicael said:

If you're looking for an AoE weapon, then you don't have to look any further than Jat Kittag with Primed Reach and Vulcan Blitz installed (mod dropped by Kela De Thaym).

I`m building it right now, Because I sold the Telos Boltace since I did not like them after testing in the Simulacrum. Thanks for the heads-up :D , I`ll try to farm Vulcan Blitz then.