Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

At a crossroads

(PSN)DXPghost28

Lately I come to the forums a lot asking for help, but that's what there for. As the title says I am at a crossroads, I have 1 warframe slot, and can build 4 war frames. Nova prime(need the blueprint but I have the parts), Oberon, ember, and valkyr. This isn't an easy decision because well ember is good aoe, valkyr is supposedly good solo, nobody talks about Oberon, and nova is nova(all built correctly) so who do I build, what do i do? I'm MR 5 

Is the Ember normal or Prime?  If it's the normal Ember then I would consider making her, levelling her and selling her as we are likely going to see her Prime version come out of the Vault at the end of the year.  Similarly Valkyr Prime might not be too far away (most people guess Banshee and Valkyr will be the next two Primes if DE don't throw us a curveball) so building her for mastery then selling could be an option.  Oberon is one I would say to build, level and sell as he's stupidly easy to get the blueprints for if you do decide you want to get him again later after buying some slots.  Nova Prime I would not sell after levelling as she'll probably be vaulted next so if you build her, keep her.

Than again, I've never actually sold any frames to free up space because I'm a hoarder!

Honestly, here is what I'd say. Build Nova for now, she is extremely useful and people are always looking for slow/speed Novas for missions.

After that, sell your Prime junk and mods. There are always people looking to buy some Prime junk for 10-15 plat, and usually some people looking to buy a Streamline or Split Chamber, both of which most people have a few extra of. By selling that, you can get some plat to buy slots and won't have to throw any away. If you really won't buy slots, however, build Oberon, get him to max rank, sell him. Do the same with Ember. Then, either build and keep your Nova or Valkyr. Both are very good frames but Nova is more suited to playing with a group, as she can speed up a Dark Sector Defense quite a lot if you mod her for negative power strength. Unfortunately, those mods aren't the cheapest things ever and if farming, you'll need a bit of luck with them. Hope I was able to help you.

As others have said, be a little smart about it.

Ember is an awesome frame, BUT is likely to be unvaulted before Christmas. Build, level to max, sell.

Oberon is stupid-easy to farm. Build, level to max, sell.

Valkyr has no Prime version and can be annoying to farm, especially at lower levels. Build and use.

Nova Prime is useful in a lot of different situations and is, obviously, the Prime version. Build and use.

Build Oberon, level him up and sell him. Oberon's parts are easy to come by. Do the same with Valkyr and Ember as they are also easy to get. Finally build Nova. She is the most useful out of the 4.

In the end you will have the mastery xp from leveling the frames and knowledge on how they play and will be able to choose the one you like best. 

Edited by Fearlessmutt

A lot depends on the mods that you can put on a frame. I have a build for Oberon focusing on Power Range and Strength. Mods like Overextended and Cunning Drift help enormously for range but they're not easy to obtain. Don't discount Oberon for later on because with the build I have I can clear lowish level maps due to its AoE with Reckoning. Don't do as I did i.e.not levelling to max. every frame. Whether you use them or not you will need the points for your MR.

Good luck.

Edited by sidmarks1
Missed something out

I would suggest waiting to build any prime item until you level up the non prime version, then you need less slots for items.

As for your WF, don't listen to the people who suggest leveling up Oberon and selling him he is pretty good (if you mod him correctly). Also, just don't sell frames, unless you REALLY have to, it's nice to have a selection of frames.

Nova is the best of the bunch, but she requires corrupted mods to really shine, and these are not that easy for a beginner to get a hand on. I would highly recommend to build Oberon if you want to play solo as well as coop because since he is a jack of all trades, you can fit easily in most situations. 

His 1 is good for minor CC since it procs radiation, his 2 is ok for defense since you can stop any status effect from happening while standing inside it, his 3 is a nice heal, and his 4 is decent CC that can be executed mid-air. 

Edited by aligatorno