The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

body diversity in lady frames

senatorspade

I'm just wondering, all the lady frames are beautiful and I love them, but I really think there could be tankier looking ladies. The male frames range from Nezha and Nekros to Rhino and Chroma. and it would be great if this same diversity in body types could be applied to lady frames. I'm in no way saying that sexy feminine lady frames are a bad thing, I'm totally in love with them. Some people might argue that lady frames should all be feminine to differentiate them from males, but characters like nezha and oberon's feyarch skin have feminine features too. Again, not saying lady frames shouldn't be feminine, femininity is great and should never be looked down on. But their body types are just too constant. A frame can be bulky and still be feminine too. Not looking to start any arguements, simply providing constructive criticism. 

Thing is- warframes have "sporty" body types. Frames like Nezha and Nekros have athletic body types while frames like rhino and chroma are like professional bodybuilders. Zarya from Overwatch has what you people call an "unrealistic body type" since for a woman to get that big she needs not only extensive dieting and exercise, she needs to fill herself up with hormones and steroids to the point that she doesn't look feminine. Female "sporty" body types are generally slender and the most close to life one for actual female wrestlers and stuff is Valkyr. I also can't imagine how a fat frame would be able to do any of the stuff we do (the male frames are armored- big difference). Not only that, you have the bansee soprana skin- that one is more "curvy".

Edited by tyranno66

Its up to the designers, but yeah sure.

IMO you don't need a buff looking frame to be physically strong.

You've got frames like Valkyr, Nehza, Banshee and Mag that look pretty dainty but in reality they are capable of such destruction and annihilation that you really can't hate them for having those body types.

Actions speak louder than appearances.

Edited by Tricky5hift

4 minutes ago, tyranno66 said:

Thing is- warframes have "sporty" body types. Frames like Nezha and Nekros have athletic body types while frames like rhino and chroma are like professional bodybuilders. Zarya from Overwatch has what you people call an "unrealistic body type" since for a woman to get that big she needs not only extensive dieting and exercise, she needs to fill herself up with hormones and steroids to the point that she doesn't look feminine. Female "sporty" body types are generally slender and the most close to life one for actual female wrestlers and stuff is Valkyr. I also can't imagine how a fat frame would be able to do any of the stuff we do (the male frames are armored- big difference). Not only that, you have the bansee soprana skin- that one is more "curvy".

Here are some realistic sporty female human frames :D

womeninsports3.jpg

16 minutes ago, senatorspade said:

I'm just wondering, all the lady frames are beautiful and I love them, but I really think there could be tankier looking ladies. The male frames range from Nezha and Nekros to Rhino and Chroma. and it would be great if this same diversity in body types could be applied to lady frames. I'm in no way saying that sexy feminine lady frames are a bad thing, I'm totally in love with them. Some people might argue that lady frames should all be feminine to differentiate them from males, but characters like nezha and oberon's feyarch skin have feminine features too. Again, not saying lady frames shouldn't be feminine, femininity is great and should never be looked down on. But their body types are just too constant. A frame can be bulky and still be feminine too. Not looking to start any arguements, simply providing constructive criticism. 

You started off alright, but then went down faster than an unmodded, unleveled, unarmed Nekros on Eris (aka, very, very, quickly. Could've used a lot of better wording for everything after the second sentence; everything after that just backtracks what little good-ground you gained. But to the focus of the post: Yes I would like to some more bulky-looking female frames. Maybe not quite to a Zarya from Overwatch level; even something that's a little less lithe than what we already have could work.

I agree very much. I agree that diversity in the design of female looking warframes is necessary. Someone said that power does not equal size. But mechanics and style demands the appropriate looks. What that means is more interesting not stereotypical female frame types.

1 minute ago, RunningTree3 said:

Here are some realistic sporty female human frames :D

womeninsports3.jpg

That's actually very interesting. Also, if you compare Kim Shizevsky to Valkyr you'd see the resemblance. It also shows how the female "sport" body doesn't differ much- yes there are two exceptions where you have more "round" ladies and like we see from the bansee skin we can get away with more rounded ones but I personally don't think someone like Cheryl will be able to do the stuff frames do. (But what do I know? I'm not a professional fitness instructor :p)

considering the other body type is like a wrestler or a body builder or a weight lifter, what theme would that fit in other than a brawler, which is kinda what atlas is, and besides, not like the male frames have diversity either, only bulky one is rhino, the other ones are slim, chroma is slim, only thing that made him bulky is his pelt

Edited by Varacal

Just now, Postal_pat said:

Anyone notice how these people look closer to the Warframes then Zarya?

Previously:

Yep

8 minutes ago, RunningTree3 said:

Thing is- warframes have "sporty" body types. Frames like Nezha and Nekros have athletic body types while frames like rhino and chroma are like professional bodybuilders. Zarya from Overwatch has what you people call an "unrealistic body type" since for a woman to get that big she needs not only extensive dieting and exercise, she needs to fill herself up with hormones and steroids to the point that she doesn't look feminine.

Only way I see us getting a bigger female frame is if her theme has something to do with it (since beserker theme valk isn't a big lady)

12 minutes ago, Tricky5hift said:

You've got frames like Valkyr, Nehza, Banshee and Mag that look pretty dainty but in reality they are capable of such destruction and annihilation that you really can't hate them for having those body types.

Not trying to be mean, but for the last time Nezha is male

9 minutes ago, senatorspade said:

Warframes aren't even human though, so why would that matter? also, fit doesn't always mean thin. there are plenty of fit big women in this world. 

Well you see that's kind that thing...

They're not humans they're bioweapons meant for stealth and maximum killing efficiency.

Technically a relatively small but powerful body size would be most efficient.

Now why the Orokin designed Warframes to be humanoid and not weird Metal Gear-like things is beyond me but they probably knew that when it comes to killing things, being big isn't all there is to it.

Edited by Tricky5hift

well, I really want to emphasize that warframe is entirely fictional. Frames aren't human and dont have the physical limitations that humans do. So why the heck not have some fun making more diverse body types for lady frames? Sure people might try to justify it by saying 'oh well, this warframe is small but shes REALLY STRONG so that makes it ok'. But when a warframe is really strong, why not just take that factor and incorporate into their appearance too??? I just don't see why not- it would bring in a lot more creativity with character designs. 

5 minutes ago, Varacal said:

considering the other body type is like a wrestler or a body builder or a weight lifter, what theme would that fit in other than a brawler, which is kinda what atlas is, and besides, not like the male frames have diversity either, only bulky one is chroma, the other ones are slim, chroma is slim, only thing that made him bulky is his pelt

idk Rhino, Atlas and Vauban are fairly bulky too (at least when compaired to most of the other Male Frames)

20 minutes ago, senatorspade said:

yeah, that's what I mean. Zarya is a great example. 

That's an extremely unrealistic almost cartoonish body type so if that's you're standard then there might already be some problems considering she looks like a male character that they quickly swapped to female at the last second so they could avoid this very argument.

There are plenty of muscular female frames like Valkyr, Ember, ect. the thing is females don't gain muscle like males do (unless they take steroids) so expecting some buff rhino doesn't really make sense. Even the male frames don't get too extreme with their body diversity with the exception of Rhino. You could argue Nezha looks feminine but I think that was kind of the point behind his theme since in mythology Nezha is actually feminine.

1 minute ago, senatorspade said:

well, I really want to emphasize that warframe is entirely fictional. Frames aren't human and dont have the physical limitations that humans do. So why the heck not have some fun making more diverse body types for lady frames? Sure people might try to justify it by saying 'oh well, this warframe is small but shes REALLY STRONG so that makes it ok'. But when a warframe is really strong, why not just take that factor and incorporate into their appearance too??? I just don't see why not- it would bring in a lot more creativity with character designs. 

No doubt it adds a whole lot more options when it comes to character design but that doesn't stop the game from at least trying to be a little realistic.

If they don't have physical limitations as humans do than that gives them more reason the look the way they do. Imagine having a pretty average body type but being able to move whole mountains. That sounds ****ing amazing.

The whole "this isn't real life" thing is one of my biggest pet peeves. Yes warframe is fictional but do you know what separates good fiction from bad fiction? Good fiction is based on real life. Not only that- warframes are characters that the tenno identify with; I doubt any teenager wants to be fat.

Keep in mind that the shortest warframe, Trinity according to the developers, is around 5'10"-5'11" based of Excal being an approximate six feet tall. (This is a rough estimate and not anything confirmed by the developers) The female warframes may look smaller in game when put up against the male frames or enemies, but they aren't tiny. Considering their height I think their body shapes are fine.

Quite honestly I don't get why you think there isn't diversity right now. We have explicitly thin frames like Valkyr or Mag, and we have curvier and bustier frames like Nyx or Saryn. I saw the Banshee skin being thrown around as another example. Heck we have Equinox who switches between a feminine frame and a masculine looking frame (yes I'm aware she is female). Again, remember the themes of the frames as well. Rhino is bulky because he's a tank. Mag is not a tank, therefore no reason why she should be heavily built. If they released a female brawler type frame, then sure, make it look beefier.