Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Zenistar Builds

-Amaterasu-

Question

Been using the Zenistar for a while and can't really decide what direction I want to take my build for it, was hoping to get some advice and maby share some unique builds that work really well for it if anyone has any.

My Current Build:

RysLbt8.jpg

The 2 Blank slots are usually Fever Strike and North Wind for Viral when it's rank 30

Any builds/tips would be greatly appreciated.

Edit: Thought I'd list some warframe synergies as I get to them to help out any players who may be getting it soon:

Ivara - Navigator works really well with this, cast it and throw the disc and you can control it and take advantage of Navigator's damage bonus. Navigator also cannot be ended prematurely with this weapon from hitting enemies which is a big bonus since the disk just bounces off whatever it hits.Combine that with stealth bonuses and Primed Reach and you can clear rooms in seconds.

Ember: If you choose to leave the base fire damage accelerant works really well with this.

Vauban: Throw the disc next to Vortex for easy kills

Mirage: Works with Hall of Mirrors

Mag: (Haven't tested this personally) The disk will orbit enemies affected by magnetize.

Something else to note not really important though, If you choose black energy color you won't be able to see the wave, kind of funny to just see enemies randomly drop dead.

Edited by -Amaterasu-

14 answers to this question

While leveling it, I have Primed Reach (for insane secondary range), Primed Pressure Point, a Blast element combo, Primed Fury, and a low ranking Body Count. The point of it is for defense based missions, and holding choke points. (since blast procs essentially cut off a route)

48 minutes ago, (PS4)maso_sage-mode said:

primed pressure point, body count and weeping wounds ! get rid of molten impact :) try it...

I ´m surprised how sure u are, while we, on consoles, will get Zenistar with todays reset at 0:00 GMT.

On topic: If my build will be focused on Disc i ´ll be pbb go for 90% Elemental and/or Slash, because, as Wiki said, all damage is converted into physical dmg, but atm i am not absolutly sure, because i can ´t test it yet.

10x Forma? Wow

Edited by (PS4)Onder6099

31 minutes ago, (PS4)Onder6099 said:

On topic: If my build will be focused on Disc i ´ll be pbb go for 90% Elemental and/or Slash, because, as Wiki said, all damage is converted into physical dmg, but atm i am not absolutly sure, because i can ´t test it yet.

I've read this on the wiki too but when I use it with the disc out I still only see elemental procs being done so I don't know how they tested this.

43 minutes ago, (PS4)Onder6099 said:

I ´m surprised how sure u are, while we, on consoles, will get Zenistar with todays reset at 0:00 GMT.

10x Forma? Wow

well i just saw statistics of the weapon... should be good. you can also try maiming strike plus berserk for dash and attack speed but since i dont have the gun these are only theories

Primed Reach works on the disk's AoE, and Weeping Wounds of course increases Status Chance as the Body Count rises. Those are what I'd personally add to the "mandatory" category for this weapon, so with the rest of the mandatory mods (Body Count, Primed Fury, and Primed Pressure Point), that's 5 of 8 slots taken. Since the weapon is innately elemental, you then of course only need 3 elemental mods to "rainbow" build it. Or you could have one combo with a relevant status effect and keep the Heat damage uncombined for a bit of DPS, like Corrosive or Magnetic. With that set-up you'd have one mod slot left over for random utility like Life Strike.

Oh, and Forma-ing its stance slot to the polarity of Cleaving Whirlwind and Tempo Royale rather than that of Rending Crap, would be advised.

Seems pretty straightforward to me, tbh.

38 minutes ago, -Amaterasu- said:

I've read this on the wiki too but when I use it with the disc out I still only see elemental procs being done so I don't know how they tested this.

Maybe the dmg type is split, while procs is on Disc, dmg/hit is on Zenistar.

29 minutes ago, (PS4)maso_sage-mode said:

well i just saw statistics of the weapon... should be good. you can also try maiming strike plus berserk for dash and attack speed but since i dont have the gun these are only theories

Thinking about same, but Zenistar is like 2 in 1, there are to many mods, unfortunatly we have only 10 slots.

Definitly we´ll be clever tomorrow.

I would suggest going Corrosive + Blast if you intend to hit the same enemy you've thrown your disk at and Gas if you intend to place the disk in one spot and go to another.

In both cases, I suggest using Berserker - disk crits quite often. Body count also seems to be a great mod to have (on any melee, really) - while disk can't rack up the combo, it profits from the multiplier. Primed Reach is pretty much a mandatory mod (as is Primed Fury, in my opinion). Blood Rush and thus Maiming don't seem to be a good idea - the weapon already has to use too many slots. Weeping Wounds too doesn't look like a good mod to me, mainly because having only 3 dual-stats equipped already pushes you to 70% status chance on the weapon. Disk seems to proc status even more often 

Life Strike is a weird one. On one hand - you are really limited with slots on this weapon. On the other - Life Strike allows you to heal from the disk for free. Not too fast, though.

Corrosive should be done via Virulent, Voltaic, Vicious - it results in an area-denial disk with high corrosive proc chance, while still leaving space for Berserker and Body Count. The disk (and disk-on attacks) will be Corrosive + Blast, while disk-off attacks will be Corrosive + Cold.

Gas - via Volcanic, Virulent, and Fever Strike - this way it maximizes the actual Gas proc damage. It's enough of a proc chance for the disk, and disk-off attacks will still have a good status chance. This build shines in low-level unarmored missions (up to level 70 I think), especially Defences where you can block one of the paths with it and go personally to another. Getting access to either Blind or invisibility will greatly boost the disk's damage output. Even with 5% crit chance Naramon is worth it on this build.

Mirage is naturally awesome with this weapon. However, there seems to be a major bug with her clones. As far as I can see it in my case, changing mods on Zenistar (even just swapping their places, without changing the actual build) quite often results in disks thrown by Mirage's clones only having the Heat component of the disk. I suggest modding the weapon in Simulacrum and testing it on something right away if you intend to use it on Mirage.

However, on frames without a direct synergy, Zenistar might not be that great.

Edited by Epsik-kun

If i decide to go corrosive/blast does accelerant still buff? this weapon has me alittle confused. been running on my Ember p- spoiled strike, p pressure , molten, volcanic, smite (corpus, infested, grinear) then i went with corrosive and p reach. works nicely. Use it strikley for the disk AOE....am i missing something ? should i try another build? idk 

Currently my Zen does 1123 heat 523 corrosive (with accelerant) *4.75 = 4498 heat? 70% status. math probably wrong?

Edited by (XB1)FCastle74

On 12/10/2016 at 5:02 AM, -Amaterasu- said:

Been using the Zenistar for a while and can't really decide what direction I want to take my build for it, was hoping to get some advice and maby share some unique builds that work really well for it if anyone has any.

My Current Build:

RysLbt8.jpg

The 2 Blank slots are usually Fever Strike and North Wind for Viral when it's rank 30

Any builds/tips would be greatly appreciated.

Edit: Thought I'd list some warframe synergies as I get to them to help out any players who may be getting it soon:

Ivara - Navigator works really well with this, cast it and throw the disc and you can control it and take advantage of Navigator's damage bonus. Navigator also cannot be ended prematurely with this weapon from hitting enemies which is a big bonus since the disk just bounces off whatever it hits.Combine that with stealth bonuses and Primed Reach and you can clear rooms in seconds.

Ember: If you choose to leave the base fire damage accelerant works really well with this.

Vauban: Throw the disc next to Vortex for easy kills

Mirage: Works with Hall of Mirrors

Mag: (Haven't tested this personally) The disk will orbit enemies affected by magnetize.

Something else to note not really important though, If you choose black energy color you won't be able to see the wave, kind of funny to just see enemies randomly drop dead.

add body count and weeping wounds. i like it with gas ! i think the stealth multiplier also is applied to gas charged attack ! its devastating.

On 11/11/2016 at 3:13 AM, (XB1)FCastle74 said:

If i decide to go corrosive/blast does accelerant still buff? this weapon has me alittle confused. been running on my Ember p- spoiled strike, p pressure , molten, volcanic, smite (corpus, infested, grinear) then i went with corrosive and p reach. works nicely. Use it strikley for the disk AOE....am i missing something ? should i try another build? idk 

Currently my Zen does 1123 heat 523 corrosive (with accelerant) *4.75 = 4498 heat? 70% status. math probably wrong?

Accelerant only buffs heat damage so as far as I can tell no, it shouldn't if you change the heat to something else you lose the buff so you would need to use all fire mods if you wanted that to work

8 hours ago, -Amaterasu- said:

Accelerant only buffs heat damage so as far as I can tell no, it shouldn't if you change the heat to something else you lose the buff so you would need to use all fire mods if you wanted that to work

I actually got it up to 100% heat status with weeeping wounds and channel mod. I may replace weeping for killing blow. its a awesome channeling wespon for ember.