Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Orokin Vaults

Max7238

Question

Do people still do them or care? I haven't needed to do them at all, even once, since they came out. A friend of mine was leaving the game and gave me Critical Delay, and I traded for Fleeting Expertise, and those are all I've ever cared about until now... NOW, I'm running into some new weapons and new ideas, and noticing more and more that I would like to have the corrupted mods, but at this stage I'm not sure I'd be able to build a team to do them. Are runs still common? Or should I just forget they exist, grind prime parts, and trade for what I want? I'd rather work toward it, honestly...

7 answers to this question

As far as I know people still do these, even if they do them less now, since crafting dragon keys now requires void traces. I would recommend you to just pick a group of friends, that way it is far easier to communicate who takes what key, since sometimes people do not want to budge on what key they take... Me for example xD I always insist on taking the Decaying Dragon Key, because then I just can use Inaros :P

Void Traces aren't so hard to come by, but the key thing is annoying. Inaros has so much health, even taking Bleeding on him would be fine as long as you know what you're doing. But fair enough, guys, I appreciate it... I'll dig in and see if I can't gather a team for some runs. My friends never play the game, so that's pretty much out of the question.

My clan did them for a while when they first came into the game, and we got at least one of most of them. It's still RNG as far as which mod you get, but getting one is guaranteed with a four-man team. So from that standpoint I like doing vaults.  Sadly my clan hasn't had 4 WF players on together in a while, so we got away from doing them. 

They're a much better bet than many other drops in the game ATM (looking at you, Necros P / Saryn P / fill-in-the-blank lately) and they're tradable, I think, so there's that.

EDIT: I have an unhealthy lust to own one of those crystal statues, too.

Edited by FierceRadiance

Corrupted mods are still a stable market. Everyone needs them at some point in order to make effective builds, or for a new waframe/weapon.

Since the only way to get them is to trade, or go on vault runs, there will always be people wanting to go.

That said, it does take a while to get a group together if the masses are focused on the day's sortie, events, the latest Draco incarnation, fissure runs, relic runs, alerts, and anything else I missed.

I can't speak to PC obviously, but the numbers of people looking for vault runs on PS4 seems really, really low lately.  I've been looking to run some on an alt account and I more or less gave up and traded for the 5 mods I wanted (fleeting, overextended, narrow minded, blind rage, transient fort).

I'm kind of hoping DE releases a new corrupted mod or two just to revive interest in doing those missions.