Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How does simulor (or synoid simulor) work?

._.-._.

Question

just asking a bit question

does simulor / synoid simulor designed to kill enemies nearby its vortex (aka overkill / clear out groups of enemies in few seconds)? just hearing more players (seem) complaining about those weapons (although more often complaining about synoid simulor)

11 answers to this question

43 minutes ago, Primbone said:

so the point is simulor or synoid simulor is designed to clear out large groups of enemies in few seconds, right?

Yup, stacking orbs deals a ton of AoE damage, killing pretty much anything that comes close. Even armored enemies will succumb quickly to the explosions (especially with the propper elemental set up). 

Synoid simulor is perhaps one of the best close range weapons in the game, it will kill tanks just as easily as it will kill mooks. The only downside is that the weapon has no long range effectiveness, you are gonna have to close the distance. Also, while not entirely a disadvantage, the Symulor is not really a "run and gun" type of weapon.

The main source of damage with the Simulor series is when the orbs merge. Two orbs which get close to one another merge together, dealing damage in a large AoE.
 The Synoid Simulor, in particular, has a very wide area of effect, making it extremely adept at mopping up large groups of enemies.

The vortex which forms after enough merges is largely a gimmick, as it does negligible damage over time and does not lift enemies like Vauban's vortex. The right click applies a guaranteed electrical proc, but deals negligible damage.

5 minutes ago, Jeffrey94 said:

The main source of damage with the Simulor series is when the orbs merge. Two orbs which get close to one another merge together, dealing damage in a large AoE.
 The Synoid Simulor, in particular, has a very wide area of effect, making it extremely adept at mopping up large groups of enemies.

The vortex which forms after enough merges is largely a gimmick, as it does negligible damage over time and does not lift enemies like Vauban's vortex. The right click applies a guaranteed electrical proc, but deals negligible damage.

so the point is simulor or synoid simulor is designed to clear out large groups of enemies in few seconds, right?

Edited by Primbone

You shoot a bunch of electric balls and they coagulate and splode, dealing magnetic dmg. Of course, since it's base magnetic, it can also be used to obtain radiation and corrosive. It's one of the few where you can have all three combined procs on at once. On top of that, using a Mirage with it makes it so a single shot will cause an explosion. Spamming a Synoid Simulor with a Mirage is STILL one of the most insanely broken methods of clearing out entire levels in seconds.

Simulor's main source of Damage is when an orb merges into a Vortex. It's not just when a Vortex is created.

Every orb that merges into a Vortex will create the same AoE pulse damage that a Vortex causes when it's created. This means fire rate mods are incredibly powerful for the weapon. Simulor is not really an Overkill weapon, it's an AoE DPS weapon.

The DoT damage caused by the Vortex is little more than an extra status proc, it doesn't really do much damage. So it's important to form and pulse a Vortex as fast as you can to get the most of the weapon.

It's important to note that in order to gain Simulor's full RoF you have to Macro the weapon due to a game mechanic that causes a CD period between shots.  Split Chamber is also just about useless for the weapon due to it's mechanics.

5 hours ago, Xzorn said:

Split Chamber is also just about useless for the weapon due to it's mechanics.

if i'm right, when i used simulor with that mod (max one), it only takes less than 5 shots (2) to create the vortex. It also look like increases the per stack itself.

(can't test it with synoid simulor because my MR is not 12 yet)

1 hour ago, Primbone said:

if i'm right, when i used simulor with that mod (max one), it only takes less than 5 shots (2) to create the vortex. It also look like increases the per stack itself.

MR12 here to confirm. The Illuminati is also confirmed.

7 hours ago, Primbone said:

Split Chamber will create a Vortex with less shots however it will still only pulse once for every merge.  Due to the proximity of the orbs when they leave the gun, it counts Split Chamber as 2 orbs which have already merged. Creating a Vortex is only a part of Simulor's damage output and the lesser part at that.

You will get far more damage output from the gun by replacing Split Chamber with Vile Acceleration. But as I said before it's impossible to achieve full fire rate from Simulor without a macro. So if you want the most of the weapon outside Mirage; you'll have to use a macro.

I should also note that SImulor is actually rather mediocre on lvl 80+ Armored enemies. Because the Vortex pulses innately stagger enemies away from the point of impact you will often spend an entire mag trying to put down a Heavy both due to it's Magnetic Damage and having to recreate a Vortex in order to damage enemies which survive the first few pulses. It also has good status but it's not exactly an armor shredding weapon.