Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Miz's Workshop | Saryn Helmet and Infested Syandana WIP

Mizui

1 hour ago, Mizui said:

I agree with you and I will try not to give up, been starting to get back into the mood of doing it so I may go back on my decision to leave it until after syandana, who knows. 

I will be first in line if the helmet gets put into the game, that's for sure. My only advice or concern I guess is that it looks a little busy due to the many different colours. Still curious on what it will like finished :) Good work x

2 hours ago, Rosellaa said:

I will be first in line if the helmet gets put into the game, that's for sure. My only advice or concern I guess is that it looks a little busy due to the many different colours. Still curious on what it will like finished :) Good work x

The business of the helmet is starting to bug me now, as i was saying to someone earlier I may need to smooth over it all and recarve it. :/

Dilemma

Hello again.
As just recently mentioned, I started work on the helmet again. However, I have now hit a wall, as I have absolutely no idea what to do for the back of her head. As a result of this, I would like to ask for your guys' suggestions as to what you would like to go there.

Spoiler

I'm currently considering having mechanics at the back to go with the tubes, or to embed the pipes in some 'caged' growth, hence the bars going across. (The cage is an idea, not necessarily staying.)
oQZM83L.png

And here it is without the stuff covering it.
JeGcF9p.png
(ignore the ugliness around it, yet to tidy that up.

So, if anyone has any ideas please voice them, I'm genuinely stuck here.

Just now, Mizui said:

The business of the helmet is starting to bug me now, as i was saying to someone earlier I may need to smooth over it all and recarve it. :/

Dilemma

Hello again.
As just recently mentioned, I started work on the helmet again. However, I have now hit a wall, as I have absolutely no idea what to do for the back of her head. As a result of this, I would like to ask for your guys' suggestions as to what you would like to go there.

Hide contents

I'm currently considering having mechanics at the back to go with the tubes, or to embed the pipes in some 'caged' growth, hence the bars going across. (The cage is an idea, not necessarily staying.)
oQZM83L.png

JeGcF9p.png

I like the caged idea, but maybe try to blend it in with the neck a bit more?

and perhaps some texture, like on the face, on the "skin" behind the cage and pipes. 

All I can say otherwise is have a look at all of saryn's helmets, and how they look at the back. Might give some ideas.

1 hour ago, Mizui said:

Dilemma

Hello again.

Hide contents

oQZM83L.png

JeGcF9p.png

Looks better with the cage for a few reasons, main being that without it that ''strap'' over on the side goes into nothing.

PS: Maybe try to model the cage to look a little more like what you have on the neck?

• 2 months later...

Good day Tenno, it's been a while.

As anyone who was paying attention will have noticed, I haven't posted in quite a long time. This has been due in part to college work getting in the way, as well as me deciding I wasn't really into the route my helmet had taken.
To this end, I have reworked the helmet. Some features will still be noticeable, however a lot has also changed between the previous iteration and this one.

All positive and negative feedback is welcome as always, as well as any suggestions you might have.
Please bear in mind that the back is still very much work in progress and is in no way finalised.

Spoiler

SGcnfos.png

kmPqvZa.png

o79nN9k.png

Thank for your time.

18 hours ago, Mizui said:

Good day Tenno, it's been a while.

As anyone who was paying attention will have noticed, I haven't posted in quite a long time. This has been due in part to college work getting in the way, as well as me deciding I wasn't really into the route my helmet had taken.
To this end, I have reworked the helmet. Some features will still be noticeable, however a lot has also changed between the previous iteration and this one.

All positive and negative feedback is welcome as always, as well as any suggestions you might have.
Please bear in mind that the back is still very much work in progress and is in no way finalised.

Hide contents

SGcnfos.png

kmPqvZa.png

o79nN9k.png

Thank for your time.

LOVE <3

• 3 weeks later...