Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mission Data vs Mission Reality

(XBOX)OrenRis

Around the time of the star map update, it was posted what mission types were most often selected. Defenses and Survivals being the most commonly played with Excavations and Interceptions just below them. Spy, Exterminate, and Assasinates were generally in the middle. Archwings were pretty low. Now looking at this raw data, you'd think there would be many more Survivals and Defenses rather than fewer. I do not think the Devs actually considered WHY those were the most commonly played missions.

Now consider the various storylines. What were the most common missions in them, Defense, Exterminate, and Spy. That would explain some of it, but obviously once you complete the stories you couldn't go back and redo most of them. So how do you look past the percentages. Think how many times do you see in Alerts, Syndicate Missions, and Invasions what pops up. Then you think about where did the best gear come from the Derelict and regular Void. Now think about the storyline based missions.....what you get is Defense, Survival, Spy, Exterminate, Excavate, and Interceptions. As for Archwings, well aside from very few locations it hasn't been popular since the newness of it wore off.

Can you elaborate more? I got lost in that second paragraph... it sounds a bit like 2 + 5 = 无关

There was something that sounded like the Data DE provided being skewed; to that, normalising to account for the quests is a very simple process. DE don't only have that solitary chart that they reference.

Also, where is the feedback? Sounds more like a general discussion topic...

Edited by MillbrookWest

Are you talking about the stuff they showed on one of the dev streams?

Because that was way after specters of the rail. I suppose you are talking about specters of the rail for consoles, but the data was probably based on PC.
Quests were their own mission type, so they didn't skew the results.

What is your point anyway?

I don't get your point, or half of what you said either. I think you might of been afk for 10 minutes then come back and wrote something completely different in relation of what you previously wrote.

To be honest, I won't do survival, defense, interception or excavation. Unless it's absolutely necessary I won't play any of them. Why? Too time consuming, too much of the same thing for a long period of time. Only reason I ever did these in the past was because of them being stuck into the void with prime parts I needed. If alerts come up with something I need and they are any of those, I will not do the alert even if I need it. The Sorties with 2 of those types get ignored.

Many players never enjoyed these types of missions and so once we got the fissure update many people quit them.