Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Busting through the 35-40 Wall

PH0T0Nman

Question

I'm a newer player thats been working through the solar system junction by junction. About a week ago I reached Pluto and I'm finding I'm struggling with the 35-40 missions.

So could I get some advice on good weapons for dealing with corpus and what some good ways to get good mods as these seem to be the reason I'm struggling.

10 answers to this question

The best source of damage when it comes to end game content is your elemental damage, Elements will take a % of the base damage you are dealing and add it ontop of your total damage for example If you are shooting at a Grineer bombard they have a damage resistance of 50% to slash damage so 50% of your total slash damage will be subtracted from the damage number you see when you fire at the enemy more of your damage will be subtracted if you are using the wrong elements so sticking with the example of the grineer bombard if you are using electricity against them 50% of your electric damage will be subtracted from your total damage output. 

To maximise damage output vs these enemies look for their weaknesses, the grineer bombard is weak to radiation damage granting you a bonus 75% extra damage so for example if when the slash damage was subtracted from our total damage output we were left with 500 damage 75% of 500 = 375 so 500+375 = 875, 875 damage would be our total output, obviously this is avoiding factors such as crit or status but for some extra advice we are currently in a crit meta in warframe so its better to mod for that over status unless you are using a shot gun as shot guns are currently bugged and allow for status to proc insanely often. 

ask for surviving just use a frame that can either tank and spank (always modding for health over shields because of those damn slash procs) or bring a frame that can crowed control such as loki with his radial disarm, or nova with molecular prime for the slow and enemy debuff. 

If you want a list of all the enemies weaknesses scroll down on this wiki page and their is a chart that shows all of the damage resistance and weaknesses. http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Damage_2.0

Pretty much you just need to upgrade your gear

Rank up warframe mods for shields, health and armor if your current Warframe has plenty (150 and more)

Rank up damage mods for weapons: serration, split chamber, +90% elemental mods

Mod your weapon to deal magnetic + toxin damage, it's THE best loadout against corpus since magetism will destroy their shield and toxin ignores shield all together and hits them directly into HP

I'm not 100% sure but i assume you already have most of the mods that you need
what you should do is rank these mods up which will force you to use potatoes and maybe formas on your gear

once you have done that you should be fine

I'm not going to recommend a specific set of weapons or frames since nearly all of them a viable and I'm sure you have something better than mk1 weapons by now but even if not with enough forma and high ranked mods you can do Pluto solo with the mk1-braton

always remember to bring something defensive on your frame i personally prefer quick thinking + (primed) flow but vitality or redirection should work as well
if you notice your dying to fast you have 2 options

1. slow down and shoot/cast from cover or bring your own cover if the frame has something defensive (stuff like a snow globe or even invisibility can provide cover)
  2. speed things up because the faster you move the harder it is for the enemy to hit you (might need a bit practice)
    warframe includes a mechanic that reduces accuracy of enemys the faster you run/jump/slide/...
    combined with the travel time of most corpus projectiles this should to the trick

Slow down and work on upgrading gear instead of focussing on pushing through to higher level content.  You're going to need upgraded mods and forma'd equipment to get past that wall.  Take the time to pick up items other players mark with waypoints, and try and open lockers/crates yourself to collect ayatan sculptures and stars that you can turn in for endo to upgrade mods with.  Having some kind of loot detection can help with this, as well as getting your hands on an ignis, which can break crates through walls, leaving just the sculptures and stars on the map.

Survival missions are a good choice for farming sculptures, as you can open everything in the map in a 20 minute run, and they're also pretty good for levelling gear.  If you want a more laid back farm, you can take a kubrow with a Scavenge mod to a solo Jupiter Extrminate, and bimble your way round all those lockers.  Using parlour to get to all the hidden areas with lockers and crates is good practice for avoiding damage, and sailing over the heads of crowds of enemies instead of trying to fight through them, when you need to get out of their field of fire.

Get your Serration up to at least 8 points, as well as survivability mods like Vitality or Redirection (Steel Fiber for frames with a decent base armor).  Then build full sets of elementals for your weapons, along with multishot.  Any other mods will be dependant on the weapon.

If we talking about lvl 30-40, make sure your progression mods or mandatory mods as they are called, are ranked up and equipped. Raw damage like Serration, multi-shot, and elementals you can fit and need along with life and shield to survive return fire. The starchart itself is the beginning of one's path through the game with the middle represented by the void or derelict though they have no particular reward for doing so currently; and the high as Sorties or Trials. Making sure your equipment is what you need will go a long way toward making those missions more manageable.

2 hours ago, PH0T0Nman said:

I'm using Vauban and Rhino mostly with a bit of Mag with hek, Anku, and lex with a shade sentinal.

Check the Damage 2.0 as iamiFlynn suggested. Hek's puncture does reduced damage to shields, especially to proto shields sported by tougher corpus units. Depending on what modes you have on it, the elemental component may still be enough to kill them but it is not as effective.

If you like shotguns you may try Sobek and mod it for magnetic (bonus against all shields) and toxin (bonus against flash, bypasses shields). The toxin has slight penalty against robotic but not that much.

3 hours ago, PH0T0Nman said:

I'm using Vauban and Rhino mostly with a bit of Mag with hek, Anku, and lex with a shade sentinal.

1 hour ago, (XB1)Deflinek said:

Hek's puncture does reduced damage to shields, especially to proto shields sported by tougher corpus units. Depending on what modes you have on it, the elemental component may still be enough to kill them but it is not as effective.

The Hek is more than capable of carrying you through the Pluto missions even though what Deflinek said is true.  The Hek is just a very powerful gun that will overcome the disadvantage of puncture vs shields.  You really need the scattered justice augment mod from Steel meridian though.

I would really recommend something with a high rate of fire though for clearing nullifier bubbles.  Either the soma (prime) or braton prime as primaries.  Or the azima (100 day login reward) or a furis with winds of purity as secondaries.  Aksiletto and Quanta are also really good options if you have access to clan tech.

Kill Nullifier's, Corpus tech's and Sapping Osprey's ASAP and the rest of the units are not that much trouble, unless they gang up on you in a big group.