Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nikana Prime

(XBOX)superspy96

Question

So I'm going to get this weapon today,but what is a good build to use because of its Low impact and Puncture?.Impact=Corpus/Shields.

Puncture=Grinner

(Sorry about my spelling.)

Slash = Infested 

Like a good 1 or 2 forma/Orokin Catalyst 

Edited by (XB1)superspy96
Forgot Grinner

20 answers to this question

Your basic crit build will suffice.

(p).Pressure point, Blood Rush, Body Count, Berserker or Primed Fury  Primed Reach, your 2 elements of choice and a life strike or organ shatter.

In case primed mods aren't available to you, you can obviously use their normal counterparts, though I'd recommend Berserker over normal fury in that scenario.

A 1 -3 forma build depending on how expensive the mods are you wish to use.

Edited by CephalonUnknown

The Nikana Prime is an awesome weapon.  Even with it low puncture and impact it is still a formidable weapon.  Just go with its precept, add the crit combo if you like, and a second build for status that the other factions are weak against and you will be fine.  For a build use the Blood rush, Body count, and organ shatter, the rest is up to you what YOU want to do with it.

With this build I assume you've got access to primed mods:

The other one might be easier to obtain for you.

If you're looking for a build without the acolyte mods (Blood Rush and Body count) Just put a true steel or life strike or a slash mod or extra element in there.

3 forma

http://warframe-builder.com/Melee_Weapons/Builder/Nikana_Prime/t_30_222020002_239-5-5-241-6-5-251-7-5-306-8-3-488-4-10-625-3-5-637-1-10-729-2-10-733-0-10_733-7-637-7-729-7-625-9-488-7-239-9-241-11-251-11-306-10/en/4-0-99/0

1 forma

http://warframe-builder.com/Melee_Weapons/Builder/Nikana_Prime/t_30_220000002_225-4-3-226-3-5-239-5-5-241-6-5-247-0-5-251-7-5-306-8-3-625-2-5-637-1-10_247-5-637-7-625-9-226-9-225-7-239-9-241-11-251-11-306-10/en/4-0-99/0

Edited by CephalonUnknown

The thing about physical damage types is that you don't mod a weapon's physical damage because of enemies weakness, but for the its highest physical damage type. Even though impact and puncture is effective against the corpus and grineer respectively, it's not good to increase those stats on Nikana Prime since it only has a value of 4.75. As long you optimize a weapon's strong points + element mods enemy's physical weakness/resistance will have little to no importance.

6 hours ago, CephalonUnknown said:

To say all of these builds Are outdated with some Nikana stance that was removed a while ago.

1 hour ago, (PS4)lhbuch said:

Nikana P is one of those sweet weapons that have high status and crit with a base slash damage. The slash procs will shine the more you go to high level enemies.

CephalonUnknown build above is what I use as well.

But my problem is that Stance is (I think)"Vaulted "

According to wiki all 3 (4 including PvP one) stances are still obtainable and warframe.market seem to confirm that (as none of them is ridiculously expensive). Also Nikana is one of the few weapons that all stance mods have the same polarity so it doesn't even cost you forma if you want to switch.

Only physical damage type you should ever care about is slash, and even then only if weapon has high status chance. Other than that elementals are always a way to go.
From my experience best combo vs Corpus is toxin+rad/magnetic, corrosive+heat vs Infested and armored Grineer and viral+heat if you can fully strip Grineer armor.

As for Nikana Prime, I'd recommend crit build. This is build I use on every crit melee. If you want to rely on Naramon you can swap Life Strike for some other mod, like (Primed) Fury or Reach or another elemental.

Edited by Slaviar

3 hours ago, (XB1)superspy96 said:

To say all of these builds Are outdated with some Nikana stance that was removed a while ago.

3 hours ago, (XB1)superspy96 said:

But my problem is that Stance is (I think)"Vaulted "

Seriously, where are you getting your information?

1 hour ago, (XB1)superspy96 said:

I looked at it and the mods look very odd,like their 2 years old.  I get most information form the warframe Wiki

Dude mods don't get "vaulted." There are 3 stances in the game for nikanas. Blind Justice, Tranquil Cleave, and Decisive Judgement. Just because they're old doesn't mean it's vaulted.

I'm using a build with no elemental mods and no bloodrush/berserker. Can play highlevel missions all day with no problem. So i wouldnt worry too much about builds as long as you either go for crit/slash or elemental/crit or something :D

19 hours ago, Slaviar said:

Only physical damage type you should ever care about is slash, and even then only if weapon has high status chance. Other than that elementals are always a way to go.
From my experience best combo vs Corpus is toxin+rad/magnetic, corrosive+heat vs Infested and armored Grineer and viral+heat if you can fully strip Grineer armor.

As for Nikana Prime, I'd recommend crit build. This is build I use on every crit melee. If you want to rely on Naramon you can swap Life Strike for some other mod, like (Primed) Fury or Reach or another elemental.

This is the crit build I normally go with as well.  Although instead of the 2 90% elemental mods, Yesterday I did try two 60/60 mods instead (virulent scourge and voltaic strike) on the nikana prime. status chance goes to 44% here and this, from what I can tell works just as well, if not better than the 2 90% mods. If it takes more than 1 hit to kill an enemy, usually  slash or corrosive will proc, and the enemy dies just as quickly.  And this way too, you don't have to forma as many times either.  

50 minutes ago, Desperado14 said:

This is the crit build I normally go with as well.  Although instead of the 2 90% elemental mods, Yesterday I did try two 60/60 mods instead (virulent scourge and voltaic strike) on the nikana prime. status chance goes to 44% here and this, from what I can tell works just as well, if not better than the 2 90% mods. If it takes more than 1 hit to kill an enemy, usually  slash or corrosive will proc, and the enemy dies just as quickly.  And this way too, you don't have to forma as many times either.  

I'm not fully convinced on status melee. Slash proc guns are usually deadly but melee doesn't feel that good

On ‎10‎/‎17‎/‎2016 at 8:04 AM, (XB1)superspy96 said:

So I'm going to get this weapon today,but what is a good build to use because of its Low impact and Puncture?.Impact=Corpus/Shields.

Puncture=Grinner

(Sorry about my spelling.)

Slash = Infested 

Like a good 1 or 2 forma/Orokin Catalyst 

I recommend finding out which stance you like first, and then choose your mods.  For example the Blind Justice stance has very quick attacks that you might not want additional speed mods.  As for it's low impact and puncture, you will barely notice it as you will be doing some serious damage to all the factions.  The Nikana Prime has potential to do both status and crits very well depending on how you mod it.  In this regard it's very similar to the Akstilletto Prime and Galatine Prime. 

1 hour ago, Slaviar said:

I'm not fully convinced on status melee. Slash proc guns are usually deadly but melee doesn't feel that good

I had my doubts as well as I usually don't do status melee either,  but I decided to try it last night in an axi void survival, and it really didn't feel that much different to me dps-wise.  I agree guns usually are better when it comes to status, but comparing 90% damage mods to 60/60 mods on this particular weapon, I didn't see a huge difference.  Usually enemies would take 1 hit and die, or they took multiple hits where at least 1 of those hits would proc.  If you haven't tried it on the nikana, it may be worth a shot.  I can't say I strongly suggest it, but it is another option that works roughly similarly, and requires less forma (if both prime pressure point and blood rush are used.)