Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Good gaming laptops for Warframe

Godzelda123

Question

So I've been thinking about getting a gaming labtop for some time, and it's basically to get Warframe to run better then my old &#! PC. Any suggestions for labtops that arn't crazy expensive that would let me run Warframe with at least mid level graphics and a smooth framerate? 

8 answers to this question

Warframe minimum requirements are pretty low, for medium its hard to say, If you get a good graphics you can have a crap processor, the market is a little saturated with lies about the necessity of an I7. But for laptops it is more necessary because the cards VRAM amount tend to be low. You basically wanna find one the has an nvidia 800 series and up. I7 is a good idea, but truly not required an i5 will do it, and getting a SSD (solid state drive) for your OS or if you can afford, your games makes a huge impact. Your kinda limited with a laptop, but thats a good baseline starting point. If you go with this, you'll be able to run almost all games, even quite a few on High settings. Hope it helps, lemme know if you want more details. 

Gaming laptops are generally not worth their price. The better gaming laptop brands are MSI, Asus, and Lenovo, but I would stay away from Asus ROG laptops because they are known to have faulty motherboards which Asus refuses to acknowledge and refuses to repair under their warranty, and mine suffers from performance drops to under 60 fps despite it having a GTX960M and its i7 is only clocked at 2.6 GHz. Also stay away from Lenovo gaming laptops because they use cheap plastic for the laptop lid so the hinges break after a year and Lenovo refuses to cover this under their warranty.

Don't buy an Alienware because those are overpriced and check the specs before you buy. An i7 is pointless if it's clocked at a low speed like mine so you should get an i5 if you want to save money and aren't panning to do video editing and that sort of stuff. The GTX970M is the ideal laptop GPU but the 960M is fine for running most games. The 980M is too expensive for its performance, and laptops generally won't support a desktop GPU unless you're looking to buy a $3000 laptop. You should buy 8 gigs of RAM, 16GB is overkill unless you do video editing or graphics rendering.

Never expect a laptop to run any game on ultra settings.

I got an acer aspire v5 and for nearly 3 years it still works and can run warframe pretty well, not to mention that unlike @ashrah situation, my laptop costed around 1k in $NZ but I'm not sure how much that is in other currencies but for a reliable laptop that works well and lasts longer, I would recommend an Acer aspire v5

Edited by GRIFFONP

35 minutes ago, GRIFFONP said:

I got an acer aspire v5 and for nearly 3 years it still works and can run warframe pretty well, not to mention that unlike @ashrah situation, my laptop costed around 1k in $NZ but I'm not sure how much that is in other currencies but for a reliable laptop that works well and lasts longer, I would recommend an Acer aspire v5

The Acer Aspire V5 is pretty antiquated now, and it's not suited for gaming. It has a dual core processor clocked at 1.5 GHz, which is awful, and the offical Acer website shows that it doesn't have dedicated graphics.

Gaming laptops are laptops with dedicated graphics in the form of a GPU, such as the NVidia GTX series, and sacrifice battery life for performance.

1 minute ago, Heckzu said:

The Acer Aspire V5 is pretty antiquated now, and it's not suited for gaming. It has a dual core processor clocked at 1.5 GHz, which is awful, and the offical Acer website shows that it doesn't have dedicated graphics.

Gaming laptops are laptops with dedicated graphics in the form of a GPU, such as the NVidia GTX series, and sacrifice battery life for performance.

yeah gaming laptops are very expensive who wish real machine...

Just now, ashrah said:

yeah gaming laptops are very expensive who wish real machine...

Gaming laptops aren't always expensive. My Asus ROG G551JW costed $730 and has an Intel i7-4720HQ quadcore with hyperthreading at 2.6GHz, 8GB RAM, and a GTX960M. But the hardware will never be worth the price you're paying when it comes to laptops. A $5k laptop's hardware would probably only take $2~3k to assemble as a desktop, but a laptop will never perform as good as a proper desktop due to size constraints restricting the hardware's cooling systems.

For warframe spesific it does not required high graphics card, I sometimes use my working laptop i5 intrgrated Intel graphics still can handle it smooth enough, of course not max setting, and the beauty of warframe is it visual is decent even at lowest setting furthermore in fast pace you wont see much different.