Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Corpus ice barrels - what's the point?

DoomFruit

I've used the waypoint to measure, and the blast radius is at least 16 meters, probably more than that. I blew up a barrel, and it froze me from 16 meters away. That's just annoying as hell. If anything, nerf the radius of the stupid things.

Folks who are scouring the area for all lootables using an ignis are punished every few seconds by a frozen barrel. On the other hand, the regular 'blast' barrels have no effect, other than damage.

13 hours ago, _Vortus_ said:

Likely pressurized containers.    In addition to the obvious cold, some coolants are flammable, some are highly toxic.   Would be interesting if in higher level missions, not only did they freeze you, but gave a toxic proc or instead of freezing, burned you and gave you a toxic proc.   Maybe a chain reaction where after the freeze it ignites, burns you then gives a toxic proc.  Industrial coolants are nasty chemicals to deal with.

They could stand being marked a little better.   In some way that assists color blind players see them.   Though, the only reason I can see someone getting upset about freeze barrels is speed runners.    In which case they should have been more careful.

How are you supposed to be careful when they look completely, 100% identical to static indestructible terrain decoration objects?

4 hours ago, DoomFruit said:

How are you supposed to be careful when they look completely, 100% identical to static indestructible terrain decoration objects?

If you are speed running, and if for some reason they upset you.  Don't bullet jump near containers.   Don't use AoE near containers.   Control your fire near containers.   Just a few quick ideas. 

• 4 weeks later...

So here I was running a syndicate spy mission, smashing crates to expose medallions and generally trying to sneak around. Visible in front of me on the radar is a single white square, a prime target for a prime orthos. But little did I know that invisible to radar, hidden behind some terrain lurked two barrels of wall-ignoring 15 metre radius death. The white square was a crate, which smashed right open to reveal its tasty ferrite centre. The two ice barrels, completely indistinguishable from any other static terrain object - especially on the ice planet tileset, also popped right open and instagibbed me. This marks the third time in one mission that I've died to an ice barrel which was completely undetectable. 

This is ridiculous, DE. How long do we have to put up with this blatantly anti-fun infection of pretty much every single corpus map? Who thought that instakill exploding perfectly camouflaged crates was a good idea, and why are they allowed anywhere near your game design?

Edited by DoomFruit

Fits perfeclty with the rest of corpus design. By far the most unfun, unfair and stupid faction ever designed.

Sapping/mine ospreys that completely litter the floor with instant death.

Huge shields that block any and all Warframe powers. Nopetroopers that can do the same thing at range, coupled with instant death damage.

Techs/attack drones that make any heavy grineer unit seem like a complete pushover.

Bursas...*

*doesn't happen in lvl ranges where your sentinel can clear the map, so spare me your "np for me".