Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mission Extraction (Timer, Squad, Objective etc.)

_Iye

The Title itself may clear out most of it and I wanted to have a discussion on having some new extraction ideas and additions to the existing one as there are some crucial times when we face problems and lose mission or achievements.

I was thinking of it seriously a couple of days ago when I was running Hieracon in pugs non-stop. There was a time when I gotta get out of the mission right on that very moment after finishing the very last excavation due to a real life emergency but I couldn't cause my team mates wanted to go for 3K Cryots and as a result I had to abort the mission; the opposite situation can be considered as well. Another most known issue is collecting reactants after joining game late regardless of the mission type cause the team mates are already at the extraction point with the timer active and not responding to your requests (except exterminate) or simply spawning right at the extraction point to see the mission reward screen.

There is another issue crossed my mind last night while running Akkad (20+ waves) that, if all the members have already selected an option (extract/continue) then why to keep the waiting timer still active whereas extraction system for all other missions is 'extraction hits right when the last player returns'

For the above mentioned and such matters I was thinking of like a beacon system (survival & excavation) with a charge up timer function which you can disable it (just incase you changed your mind not to extract atm), it'll allow players to extract from mission being anywhere & anytime with the condition of objective completion; it makes my mind imagine the scene of hijack-raid missions when finally liset comes and takes up the device from the extraction point (outdoor) or simply a teleporting device/pad like the restore pizzas (indoor). For Defense missions there will be no timer active when all players select a particular option to either continue or extract and it happens instantly without killing any time. And lastly for Exterminate missions, as a new player joins in new enemies will start to spawn as per game ratio to make the opportunity for that player to collect enough reactants and in this case the enemy count will increase just like how bursa spawns and count increases.

Please do put your precious comments below to point out any issues on my two cents placed here or add if there is anything more to add.

Thanks for reading.

Edited by AhmadIYE

The key-host system (derelict, mutalist salad, etc.) should be changed, because right now the whole teams gets kicked back to lobby if the key-host crashes or leaves. This happened to me a few days ago and I lost 12 orokin cells... The system should automatically migrate host to whoever else on the team has the same key. 

3 minutes ago, xXx_mtv_xXx said:

I lost 12 orokin cells... The system should automatically migrate host to whoever else on the team has the same key. 

Whoaa, 12 cells! thats many and logically the game suppose to migrate the host to the other player who is having the same key but if it doesnt then surely it needs some attention.

4 minutes ago, xXx_mtv_xXx said:

Yeah it was ODD with drop booster and nekros lol #feelsbadman

Derelict has been buggy since long and dont know why DE still just ignoring the issue. May be they have it in their list but due to priorities they are just unable to do it now but I also wonder that this problem has been here for really a very long time and DE also has some big plan around Derelict, so why delaying?

BTW what do you think of the post?

Edited by AhmadIYE

Just now, AhmadIYE said:

Derelict has been buggy since long and dont know why DE still just ignoring the issue. May be they have it in their list but due to priorities they are just unable to do it now but I also wonder that this problem has been here for really a very long time and DE also has some big plan around Derelict, so why delaying?

BTW what do you think of the OP?

+1