The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

give us infinite ammo

(PSN)DesecratedFlame

6 minutes ago, (PS4)DesecratedFlame said:

Reload times are a massive part of DPS. Currently, ammo capacity doesn't really affect anything because you can just drop multiple pies and never stop shooting. It just slows things down before the mission because you have to stand around waiting for ammo restores to build in the foundry.

You don't work for DE, so you can't make this claim. You can't even claim that it not being in proves that because they have made plenty of dramatic changes, even some that fly completely counter to previous statements.

I know but when you go in some missions (especially sorties) you will feel the lack of munition in you ammo pools, why I don't bring a soma in endless mission or against enchanced foe ? cause I have to spend ammo restore for them & it's annoying me, remove it  & I will just switch my loadout to stuff with high dps, not someting who have a decent dps & a correct damage per ammo

But don't get me wrong, I cheer your idea even if it's incomplete right now, for one time it's not a (annoying/pointless/nerf) idea

Edited by Soketsu

+1 to OP

1.Automatic/Continuous weapons will be viable for high lvl contents where ammo drop is less than ammo you spend on killing one enemy.

2.Since you don't have to run around pick up ammo, sniper/camper style will be more enjoyable [WF has little vantage points anyway duh....].

OP weapons will not get "OP-er" because they don't have ammo issue in the first place.

Edited by Volinus7

7 minutes ago, (PS4)DesecratedFlame said:

You're wrong. I am not trying to make claims on DE's behalf, like you were.

First of all, you just told me that I'm wrong.

Second of all, you can find DE talking about their vision for Warframe and like Kapn said, if it were in their vision, then they would have changed this a thousand hotfixes ago.

Third of all, you are making claims, like when you told JSharpie that Warframe DOES feel Arcadey (Even though it's not even close to an arcade game)

Edited by YuukannaKishi

Just now, Soketsu said:

I know but when you go in some missions (especially sorties) you will feel the lack of munition in you ammo pools, why I don't bring a soma in endless mission or against enchanced foe ? cause I have to spend ammo restore for them & it's annoying me, remove it  & I will just switch my loadout to stuff with high dps, not someting who have a decent dps & a correct damage per ammo

But don't get me wrong, I cheer your idea even if it's incomplete right now, for one time it's not a nerf idea

I am not saying it is perfect just yet, just a first step in the right direction. The entire idea here is you get infinite ammo so you can keep using what you like without extra hassle, but reload times are adjusted to balance DPS. In other words, weapons with higher burst damage have longer reload times so there is a reason to use more than just a single weapon.

2 minutes ago, Volinus7 said:

+1 to OP

1.Automatic/Continuous weapons will be viable for high lvl contents where ammo drop is less than ammo you spend on killing one enemy.

2.Since you don't have to run around pick up ammo, sniper/camper style will be more enjoyable [WF has little vantage points anyway duh....].

Exactly.

1 minute ago, YuukannaKishi said:

First of all, you just told me that I'm wrong.

Second of all, you can find DE talking about their vision for Warframe and like Kapn said, if it were in their vision, then they would have changed this a thousand hotfixes ago.

They have gone 180 from their statements before

Democracy...

You are talking about to get infinite ammo, when basically you can do it on your own modding your weapon.

It's people like you that ruins Warframe, unfortunatly DE needs to listen every "player" of the game, but honestly i hope they just ban you for all the bullS#&$ that you wrote on this topic

Ammo conservation SHOULD be a form of balancing, unfortunately ammo pads and now Carrier make that irrelevant.

Sure, Soma has an insane DPS, but if you use that as your only weapon (and don't have ammo mutation) you will run out of ammo. So maybe you just max the DPS of your Soma and bring along a reliable secondary and only use Soma for when you need to unload all of the DPS. This is engaging/thoughtful gameplay, and Warframe should have more of it.

I guess if you were willing to nerf all of the massive DPS ammo inefficient weapons it could be okay, but I have a feeling you don't like this idea. What you are asking for is a buff to a category of weapons that don't need a buff.

Edit: I am not against an Ammo 2.0. I personally think there should be one universal ammo pickup and every weapon receives a different amount of ammo from said pickup (Ammo mutation mods would be changed to just pick up more ammo per pickup). This would make balancing weapons DPS a lot easier and make it a more streamlined experience in general.

Edited by DrBorris

alright, this is going nowhere fast. the op refuses to even look at things from more than his own pov, even tho this idea would only have like a 0.00000000001% chance of actually being done. im thinking it might be a good idea to close this thing before it gets out of hand and flames start spreading

4 minutes ago, DrBorris said:

Ammo conservation SHOULD be a form of balancing, unfortunately ammo pads and now Carrier make that irrelevant.

Sure, Soma has an insane DPS, but if you use that as your only weapon (and don't have ammo mutation) you will run out of ammo. So maybe you just max the DPS of your Soma and bring along a reliable secondary and only use Soma for when you need to unload all of the DPS. This is engaging/thoughtful gameplay, and Warframe should have more of it.

I guess if you were willing to nerf all of the massive DPS ammo inefficient weapons it could be okay, but I have a feeling you don't like this idea. What you are asking for is a buff to a category of weapons that don't need a buff.

Edit: I am not against an Ammo 2.0. I personally think there should be one universal ammo pickup and every weapon receives a different amount of ammo from said pickup (Ammo mutation mods would be changed to just pick up more ammo per pickup). This would make balancing weapons DPS a lot easier and make it a more streamlined experience in general.

But I already use Soma P., Atomos, and Galatine P./Redeemer as my load out. Ammo mutation or Ammo pies make it so I never run out of ammo. They just add tedium without balance. Adding infinite ammo at the costs of longer reloads would actually be a nerf to DPS.

2 minutes ago, NightBlitz said:

alright, this is going nowhere fast. the op refuses to even look at things from more than his own pov, even tho this idea would only have like a 0.00000000001% chance of actually being done. im thinking it might be a good idea to close this thing before it gets out of hand and flames start spreading

No one has made a compelling argument. Everyone else has just said, "nuh-uh", or "DE doesn't want it, I know because my dad works at DE." If you have an actually argument to justify and validate your point of view then I am more than willing to consider it. 

Just now, (PS4)DesecratedFlame said:

But I already use Soma P., Atomos, and Galatine P./Redeemer as my load out. Ammo mutation or Ammo pies make it so I never run out of ammo. They just add tedium without balance. Adding infinite ammo at the costs of longer reloads would actually be a nerf to DPS.

Maybe, just maybe, the problem is the things that are breaking the balance.

And talk about tedium, increased reload speeds would be annoying AF. If this is supposed to be a QoL change, if anything it is going add another annoying aspect to the game.

No one has made a compelling argument. Everyone else has just said, "nuh-uh", or "DE doesn't want it, I know because my dad works at DE." If you have an actually argument to justify and validate your point of view then I am more than willing to consider it. 

No... they have made compelling arguments, you just don't agree with them. It is fine that you don't agree, but if you dismiss our arguments just because you disagree there is no discussion.

Here, let me try... "I think that running out of ammo adds complicity to the game, it is just wrong to think otherwise."

I do.  That also has nothing to do with the suggestion, thanks.

Actually, it does. You personally weight having infinite ammo higher than I do, so you are more likely to use these things. I generally don't have ammo issues because I always bring my trusty AkMagnus and Glaive along for the fight. Thus I am able to mod for a bit more DPS or bring my RNGkitty (or whatever companion I feel like using). What you are asking for is DE to accommodate for how you play, which completely undermines the idea of different people have different playstyles.

1 minute ago, (PS4)DesecratedFlame said:

Then list any that I have ignored and I will address them right now.

Let's start with mine...

It gives balance, the problem is this thing called a yellow pizza (ammo pad).

Edited by DrBorris

9 minutes ago, DrBorris said:

Let's start with mine...

It gives balance, the problem is this thing called a yellow pizza (ammo pad).

No, list them all. Use a numbered list, and I will reply to each one. You claimed I was ignoring them, so I want to see the list.

Example:

1. argument 1 w/reasoning for it
  2. argument 2 w/reasoning for it
  3. argument 3 w/reasoning for it
Edited by (PS4)DesecratedFlame
commas

I don't think infinite ammo is solution but something needs to be done about it. At the moment pretty much every top tier weapon is at least very efficient. Inefficient weapons are usually not top tier damage wise and it wouldn't change if their ammo problems would go away

2 minutes ago, Slaviar said:

I don't think infinite ammo is solution but something needs to be done about it. At the moment pretty much every top tier weapon is at least very efficient. Inefficient weapons are usually not top tier damage wise and it wouldn't change if their ammo problems would go away

The problem is that as soon as they make a weapon non-ammo efficient, the weapon basically disappears out of use.  Just look at how rare the amprex became.

4 minutes ago, (PS4)DesecratedFlame said:

The problem is that as soon as they make a weapon non-ammo efficient, the weapon basically disappears out of use.  Just look at how rare the amprex became.

Yeah, that's my point. Tigris, Vay Hek, Synoid Simulor, all most powerful weapons have next to zero ammo issues. But then there's plenty of weapon with lower damage which are further hindered by high ammo consumption

Nice topic but I don't know about infinite ammo.I would just love that some weapons which are well designed and good to use so unusable in practice cause of their ammo efficiency get a slight buff in that way.

Best example is Pox...I love it but the fact it has so little ammo kind of ruins my fun to enjoy it more.