Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How do you Mod Chroma

Overvex

Question

I am about to build Chroma but i don't know how to mod him, it is too confusing, add to that the fact that he could change elements.

Which element should i use and why? How to mod him and what mods could help me? What ability should i mod for?

Show me your builds and ideas below...

Edited by Overvex

12 answers to this question

My build is focusing on Vex Armor, either with fire or cold depending on what I need. I have 200% Strength, 130% Efficiency, 150% Duration, 40% Range, and using both Armor mods.

My purpose with Fire is to have a tanky self-healer with tons of extra damage, and with Ice is to have a very tanky frame.

I would recommend an Ice Build, (white energy), as the armour buff makes Chroma one of the best tanks in the game, especially once Elemental Ward and Vex Armor are both up.

strength and Duration are perhaps ideal, along with full durability (health, shield and armour mods.). that's how I build my Chroma anyway, and he can take on a level 50 Phorid in melee with any weapon.

For High level run : Max duration and a bit of strength, add vitality armor and rage, use cold or electricity as element, use 2nd and 3rd ability, and start attacking everything that moves with your melee with channeling & life strike.

Edited by Trichouette

Sorry for game language, but I think you could see what is going on with it.

( power:strength = 190%

duration=181%

efficiency=100%

range=58%

(important) Shields=400- minimum to reach the vex armor max armor buff

armor=630

energy=488

instead of primed mods you can use normal ones (I use only 1 rank higher because of laziness with forma-ing stuff)

LYKvVKb.jpg

cICyjtp.jpg

Edited by Olav152

My build is as follows:

Vitality / Steel Fiber / Rage / Quick Thinking / Primed Flow

Blind Rage / Narrow Minded / Primed Continuity

Corrosive Projection / Power Drift

I use this build for pure melee and I main Chroma. This is the build I settled on, after fiddling with various other things. This is THE most effective build I've ever used. The high ability cost doesn't matter, as you generate energy in miliseconds.

You might find Sci_Ant's comprehensive guide to Chroma useful: it has builds for multiple types of Chroma, as well as all the calculations and a summary to help you decide.

As for myself, I use an Ice Chroma with 200% Str, P Flow and Quick Thinking. High (234%) duration and a large energy pool helps offset effigy's insane energy drain, and using Zenurik as your active focus significantly increases your effective health pool.